Server time: 2018-08-17, 05:40

Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Populating the servers

Are you not concerned that it will spawn more firefights and kills? What is the result of it all?

Even if the server was restricted to double barreled shotguns only there would still be mass firefights no amount of weapon deduction or addition is going to change that.

Having more/higher tier wont change that if anything there would be less because you wont be robbed purely for having a "rare" weapon because the "rare" weapons are so readily available.

But like i said im fine with the way weapons are now

Higher grade weapons is simply not the answer, if your thinking that adding better weapons in and more of them will increase the mods popularity, then you might as well open DayZRP Wasteland.

I do think that Arma 2 is the problem, its old, damn old and hasent aged gracefully might I add. I think that Devs should take a look into transfering the mod onto Arma 3, maybe even talking to the Breakingpoint people and see if we could get a server from them! The breakingpoint mod for Arma 3 is pretty nice.

Are you not concerned that it will spawn more firefights and kills? What is the result of it all?

Even if the server was restricted to double barreled shotguns only there would still be mass firefights no amount of weapon deduction or addition is going to change that.

Having more/higher tier wont change that if anything there would be less because you wont be robbed purely for having a "rare" weapon because the "rare" weapons are so readily available.

But like i said im fine with the way weapons are now

The focus on "cool" or "rare" weapons is a bit strange. Should it not be about survival rp and to solve the infection and rebuild the area?

Quick question, have you ever thought of forcing a map change to see how it works? Maybe next wipe or whatever, forcefully change server 1 to namalsk or taviana or any other map that would make good for rp and see how people enjoy it? Thats without having 2 servers which 1 would run Chernarus and 1 will run the other map. Just 1 server with a new map.

The focus on "cool" or "rare" weapons is a bit strange. Should it not be about survival rp and to solve the infection and rebuild the area?

"Should" being the key word there

So, should we then remove all weapons that do not fit the setting or fit survival RP? Basically all western weapons, leave an occasional AK47 in the barracks and the rest are pistols and hunting rifles? :)

So, should we then remove all weapons that do not fit the setting or fit survival RP? Basically all western weapons, leave an occasional AK47 in the barracks and the rest are pistols and hunting rifles? :)

Yes, please! I am serious. Do it.

Some people don't want it to realistic I would think, I see people on the forums all the time, maybe the whitelist is to strict for some people I don't know there are alot of reasons.

Yes! +1

Guest The Reverend

Meme-no.jpg

"Should" being the key word there

I dont follow?

Tamaster told me yesterday that it´s very hard to alter the loot table, but in SA it will be possible. So for now, i would say that the focus need to be changed from doing so many battles and shootouts to at least get back som survival and PA rp.

Give bandits a crapload of weapons, but have a permadeath rule created as well as a balance. As it is now, there is too much fighting going on and for a survivor there is little to do than hide.

The best outcome would be to have smaller "events" ongoing with goals, that when solved earns rewards.

* The bandits succeed in robbing a warehouse and keeping it a secret for 2 weeks. Earns 8 free weaponchoices from this and that loot table.

* The FM have had a superb month in saving 95% of all wounded. The local doc from a nearby village heard about this and send them a supplytruck of bloodtransfusion kits as a good gesture.

* The survivors at camp Sunset have gathered enough food for the winter now and established a very well defended tradepost. The strongest military force in the region got together and donated a watchtower and a searchlight to them.

By doing this, it´s up to each faction to earn a way into a better way of living.

I can do a much more elaborate example if you wish.

Absolutely not.

As the rates have decreased it is because of a reason. Making the loot table even worse will just go even more to that direction when no one is going to play except the hardcore roleplayers.

That level of realism where it in my opinion gets boring should be transferred to s2 or s3. If no one is going to play on that server... Well then you have the answer.

The loot table when it comes to guns is on its limit for me. If it gets decreased even more, that is when I dont wanna play anymore.

The loot table when it comes to guns is on its limit for me. If it gets decreased even more, that is when I dont wanna play anymore.

You must be really unlucky I dont think I have been to a barracks or stary tents yet and there isnt at least 2 guns inside them. normally AK variants or shotguns mind.

They are really easy to find in my opinion.

You must be really unlucky I dont think I have been to a barracks or stary tents yet and there isnt at least 2 guns inside them. normally AK variants or shotguns mind.

They are really easy to find in my opinion.

But basic variants only, I think the change was made that only basic variants spawn and you have to upgrade them through attachments. I like that :)

I was of course kidding about removing the western guns, I like realism but not to a point where it's not fun anymore and we remove content because of it ;)

Guest Whazmeister

Populate servers?

Allow fun

Guest Shadow

Yes! +1

Weapons are littering the houses and barracks and everywhere. How are they limited?

Also, what is the big deal with weapons? You say " Making the loot table even worse will just go even more to that direction when no one is going to play except the hardcore roleplayers. "

As it is today it´s to much shooting and to little rp. When people are running away when approached it´s a good sign what has become to expect rather than rp.

Grihm, the point of the thread is to increase popularity. That would mean making it more accessible to new players. Think about who you are trying to attract. You've got a player who is bored of the same old in DayZ. He's built his base, he's doing missions, he's sniping baddies, fighting clans, but longing for a story behind it. He's watching Frankie's cinematics, he's watching epic clan battles, he's looking for a community.

Do not, I emphasize, DO NOT, take the DayZ out of DayZ RP. People are coming here for a broader experience to a game. They aren't coming here just for the roleplay. Last I played on the server, it seemed to be in a limbo between pleasing DayZ players who are open to RP and roleplayers who are trying to make DayZ a storybook.

Breaking it down:

DayZ is an addicting and very fun game for a few reasons.

-There is a gear grind. That in and of itself is addicting to a lot of people. Like any MMO people enjoy finding the biggest and baddest new toy. If the rarest weapon in DayZ RP is an AK with a scope on it?.... You've taken out that bit of the gameplay.

-You've spent all this time getting gear, and so now you want to build a base. Carve out your own corner in this persistent world. But you come to DayZ RP where you want people to not make fun of you for designing a flag and a backstory for it, and you need 10+ players, an application in the group settlements page, etc.

-The firefights in DayZ are incredibly intense and fun because of the brutality of it (so few shots can kill), and because you have so much to risk. Last I played DayZ RP, dying meant "Kitten. Now I have to walk all that way." I did not give a kitten about losing a single piece of my gear because it was all crap that was difficult to find. Why would I want to pursue more?

Lower tiered weapons, no KoS and some attitude that fewer firefights means better roleplay, no way to secure your own things like a safe in Epoch, no easy way to just have mindless fun from the intensity of a firefight without robbing some group which is or is not apart of your groups motive, and you have successfully taken out all of the reasons that a player is attracted to DayZ. I doubt he will even be here long enough to enjoy the RP part.

Again, if you want a larger audience, don't go harder towards realistic RP or add another Mk48 to the mix and then take it out a month later when everyone thinks its the reason people cannot roleplay. You're going to have to make the game more like DayZ, with RP flavoring. Not a roleplay casserole with DayZ sprinkled on top. The player is going to recognize that it is NOT the dish they love and it is not what they are looking for in coming here.

Lots of players will not agree with this sentiment, but its true if you want the DayZ audience to consider coming to RP over staying in their Epoch servers. When Epoch is practically the only mod being played right now? It's difficult to come to DayZ RP hoping for the same thing but with a backstory. Coming here means downgrading to a low risk, low danger, low reward conversation and running simulator where even getting a simple AK is a frustrating endeavor.

EDIT: TL;DR?

Populate servers?

Allow fun

But basic variants only, I think the change was made that only basic variants spawn and you have to upgrade them through attachments. I like that :)

Aye I like it to it adds a sense of progression knowing you start with something basic and watching it evolve based on situation or preference.

And its not as if the attachments are difficult to find either :P

Nor is Ammo

Aye I like it to it adds a sense of progression knowing you start with something basic and watching it evolve based on situation or preference.

And its not as if the attachments are difficult to find either :P

Nor is Ammo

Soon.

I bet if old players were made aware of this new update, they would be inclined to come back. I re-stumbled upon the mod again, and the newest DayZ Update features are perfect for this server. I love the new civilian oriented and low grade weaponry, the attachments and new objects. The new Blood Bags certainly change RP for the better.

Aside from the food and drink being easy to find, and a lack of people to meet/things to do, the RP mod is in a really good place imo. I wish zeds were stronger but then again that would disrupt RP and just make looting as a group a bit less fun.

That upgrade system is aweome since you now have to put in work to find attachements for it if you want it. Also feels good to find a scoped weapon and perhaps just take the scope with you for trading.

Populate servers?

Allow fun

Define fun then please.

Guest The Reverend

@Spotter

I think you have made a great statement. People forget that this is, at the end of the day, a survival game where you have to do what you can do to survive.

-point-

I think you got it mate

also when did you come back? :P

Guest Shadow

How the hell could you even come up with an opinion like this? You seriously want more guns?

Right now the mod has never been easier to survive in, I literally run from Kamenka to Solnichy, my food meter (and the meter of those with me) does not budge at all. I run into a city I come out fully geared. I go to a airfield I get weapons everywhere (and an insane amount of grenades and backpacks).

Why are you looking for fancier guns and new shiny toys? This isn't overwatchRP. This is meant to be a survival game, yet no one is fucking surviving. Instead we are running around a map doing every little snake-like thing possible to get KoS on certain groups.

I can understand people liking gear, but saying you are willing to quit a RP server because we aren't spawning in KSVKS galore is a bit ridiculous.