Server time: 2017-08-20, 21:15

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

Populating the servers

Rolle    2453

So, I've had this idea. Community expansion is still far off so we can't count on that to populate the servers. More and more people are quitting the game getting tired of it (including me, I completely understand) and nobody wants to play on an empty server, no matter how good the community is.

I've had these ideas to perhaps increase the number of players in the game and overall community activity.

- Promote online play

Provide some kind of reward to players based on time played on the server, to give incentive to join. Perhaps Donation credits / hour or exclusive skins to those who play over a certain amount of hours / week? Bring back the leaderboards and reward people in top 3, daily or weekly (would be automated)?

- New game features

Any new addons or things we could add to the mod that would drastically increase the popularity of the mod? Epoch or at least Epoch-like economy giving players another goal in the game - to get rich or exchange ingame money into OOC rewards on website?

- Amnesty

We could give old (6 months+ ?) banned players conditional amnesty, in case they want to return and get involved in the community again.

- Bring in new games

Do not wait for website/community expansion, get RP servers for other, popular games now and advertise them, hopefully providing a boost to the number of community members. Standalone or MinecraftRP anyone?

- Make the whitelist and rules less strict

We currently have pretty strict rules compared to other RP communities, especially if you compare Altis Life which often don't even have a whitelist. The idea here is make the whitelisting process more basic and easier, reduce the rules to bare essentials and change focus from hardcore RP aka nofunallowed to semi-serious RP to appeal to a broader audience.

- Support media team

Media team handles our social media, help them out by providing content that promotes DayZRP. Videos, screenshots? Share those on social networks and gaming forums.

- Pay PewDiePie to do a video on our server

Joke :lol:

- Your idea?

Post your idea on what you think can help us get back to the golden age of DayZRP :)

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Just fix the mod then the servers will fill up,

Dayzrp itself is still massively popular for all but it has just lost that edge it used to have, this is just my opinion, it's not really about rp at all anymore it's more clan warfare, this isn't anything to do with rp it's just the mentality of some clans,

We need to go back to the psi days when clf had the haven and rp was focused on.

And bring back john the bear ;)

For real though

fk yeah for amnesty

Take away TP

Let clans attack camps

Let people be bandits if they want to. You lost alot of players because you basically took away banditing from the game and added in RP that sucked. (I haven't been online for a while, but this was my experience, and a cause to why I didn't come back after my ban)

Take away CTC

Bryan    0

I'd like to see some things:

Epoch/OverpochRP

Arma3 RP (i dont care what mod)

Some of the less strict rules like the firefight rules and roadblock rules.

Bloodsuckers

Old Ken Mountain TP (non staff protected but rule protected.. So same tp rules as before)

Helicopters.

I'm not sure about the "less strict" whitelist... I'm concerned that we let alot of trolls in through that but that's just my opinion.

Murdercool    32

It's tough really. It's easily noticeable that it's hard to get on the server. I've been busy with all sorts of work, which includes writing for the Media Team and writing outside of the community. With lots of people all wanting different things it's hard to bring back that balance. I'm thinking that a lot of the things suggested could bring more people to the server. I can see the Amnesty bringing people back, but I don't know if that's going to be a good thing or not. I guess if we get the ban hammers at the ready for any people that decide to rule break again it'll be fine.

In my case I just can't get myself on the server frequently. It doesn't feel as authentic as it did. I'm not having as much fun as I did a few months back. Someone did say that this is the time of year when the community suffers. Usually early and mid year is always quite a busy time of year on the server then it declines around about this time. I'd really love to be able to get back on the server and it feel authentic once again. The thing is I don't even know what changed the server like this. It's really hard to decide what did.

I do like the idea of helping out the Media Team is a good idea. We do need a lot more up to date content recorded and such to go on the social media. With this time of inactivity among people on the server it's hard to get that sort of content and put it out there for the world to see. There's little point in posting things from the past.

I'd like to see some things:

Epoch/OverpochRP

Arma3 RP (i dont care what mod)

Some of the less strict rules like the firefight rules and roadblock rules.

Bloodsuckers

Old Ken Mountain TP (non staff protected but rule protected.. So same tp rules as before)

Helicopters.

I'm not sure about the "less strict" whitelist... I'm concerned that we let alot of trolls in through that but that's just my opinion.

Bloodsuckers pls.

Alan Woods    3

#BringBackSKA?

:)

giphy.gif

I support all the new suggestions and the one with the new games would totally fill up the community !

AltisRP and MinecraftRP !

Maybe some CS:GO RP?

I'm hoping Standalone will help with the amount of people.

I've also been seeing DayZRP mentioned by more and more people talking about Standalone and how private shards will change everything, so maybe it will.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

These are really good suggestions. I like the first 4. We could set up a GMod DarkRP server, which is an extremely popular thing, and it is a way to relax, due to it being really funny.

Definitely do the amnesty, but only for the ones that have been banned for KOS and suchlike. Don't bring back scripters and hackers.

You could open up an Epoch server, it would be quite cool, although hard. And bring in a reward system for time ingame, and posts on forums.

#BringBackSKA?

:)

giphy.gif

I support all the new suggestions and the one with the new games would totally fill up the community !

AltisRP and MinecraftRP !

Maybe some CS:GO RP?

GMod DarkRP :troll:

Allow people who have been permaban another chance! But dont let people back if they have been hacking simples!

- Promote online play

I like the idea of having a reward at the end of each week for who is top 1 or 2 on the leaderboard, however I think the we should have 2 separate leaderboards then, one that shows the top 3 of all time and then a leaderboard for (this week) only so that people will get a chance to be top of the leaderboard every week, also maybe the reward should be a skin of own choice in the store?

- New game features

We could dig in some new ones but maybe the old ones are what people miss? Such as helicopters, Altar Castle, Desal Plant etc.

Now I know there are a lot of factors to take into account when it comes to settlements, but i think helicopters would be an easy start to promote some more activity for a lot of people.

- Amnesty

I like the idea, but obviously there should be a line drawn, and of course the ban reasoning taken into account.

People banned for "less" than let's say, hacking, I could easily see getting amnesty and behave on the servers when given a second chance, maybe the permanent warning points system could be taken into account here and then reduced after a while if good the person given amnesty have shown good behavior.

- Bring in new games

There's already a variety of games that people within the community play like CS:GO or Archage, but I think before we focus on other games I think we should focus on DayZRP to begin with and then start to bring in people from different platforms.

I would have to wait and see what these changes are before I can comment on it, I don't think it should be less strict seeing it's really not that hard to get whitelisted, everyone can do it and if you're in doubt there's plenty of guides or people to ask or assist you with your whitelist.

- Your idea?

A start would be bringing back helicopters in my opinion, they have always been a part of the game and a part of DayZRP, removing them played a big part in a lot of peoples backstories and overall activity, people like helicopters and by now I know we have found out how to tweak them so we can actually nerf them if needed.

I will add more to my ideas when I come up with something.

Caeldon    1

- Promote online play

I personally do not wish to see the leaderboards return unless it is only to track survival time and such, I don't want to see people rewarded for getting kills on other players because it promotes bad interactions in-game.

- New game features

An epoch style community could be good, I wouldn't want to see gold bars or anything like that though, if you could have the traders but instead of using gold bars to buy, you trade in AK or Stanag magazines for the item or vehicle.

- Amnesty

I do not like this idea, because a lot of the banned players well deserve what they have got, and should not be given the opportunity to return.

- Bring in new games

What other games are popular right now and would benefit having RP servers? It's a good idea I am just not sure what other games would be worth investing a server in right now.

I'm not to sure how I feel about something like this, it would definitely attract more people but the strict rules and heavy RP is what makes DayZRP different to the rest. I could really go either way on this topic.

- Support media team

More promotion is always good...

- Your idea?

Not much to say here except that I agree with what Husky said about bringing back helicopters. Another change I would like to see that sort of might go along with the whole making the rules less strict idea is making it easier for clans to be approved, not being so strict on the clan requirements perhaps.

Event idea: This would need to take place on a separate server most likely and I doubt it's even possible, getting players to cooperate in such a manner, The event would revolve around attempting to reform civilization and bring people together to create a community similar to Woodbury from The Walking Dead (We'd just create a large PCB) people could be assigned roles to fill and staff could provide events such as a warring faction or a bandit group oppressing us and demanding supplies on a weekly basis, As I said though I don't know if it would be possible to get the community to work together on such a thing but I've always wanted to see something like this happen in a large scale in-game.

Burgz    6

I like amnesty and you probably know who a lot of us want, so maybe some exceptions? ;)

I don't know if I'd mind Epoch? Could be worth a shot.

Finally, post count? Plz.

Tamaster92    14

- release hofix including adding back map changes and random events.

- more promotion

- standalone next month

- also leaderboards yes pls

Red    144

- New game features

Any new addons or things we could add to the mod that would drastically increase the popularity of the mod? Epoch or at least Epoch-like economy giving players another goal in the game - to get rich or exchange ingame money into OOC rewards on website?

I don't have a problem with this personally. Epoch was nice because people could actually build bases. We got to see the most amazing creations, for example the Free Medics base and the Brotherhood of Steel base. Good times. Epoch-like economy is nice, just don't make it gold bars etc. That just seems silly. Add in something that would make sense with our current lore.

- Amnesty

We could give old (6 months+ ?) banned players conditional amnesty, in case they want to return and get involved in the community again.

No, 90% of the bans have been more than just and they do not in my opinion deserve another chance. This should only and ONLY be considered if the bans were questionable.

We currently have pretty strict rules compared to other RP communities, especially if you compare Altis Life which don't even have a whitelist. The idea here is make the whitelisting process more basic and easier, reduce the rules to bare essentials and change focus from hardcore RP aka nofunallowed to semi-serious RP to appeal to a broader audience.

Please, for the love of god no. Don't lower the quality of RP by making the whitelist application easier and the rules less strict. Doing so will just increase the report rate and the overall annoyance amongst players.. What attracts me most about this game is the quality of roleplay. Let's not ruin that. I'd personally have less players but good RP instead of lots of players and bad/mediocre RP.

- Support media team

Media team handles our social media, help them out by providing content that promotes DayZRP. Videos, screenshots? Share those on social networks and gaming forums.

Would be more than willing to help with this. No problem with that what so ever.

The rest of the ideas, I personally don't have a problem with. Wouldn't mind trying them out to see if it would increase the popularity. I think the biggest fix to the popularity would be the food system. Me and Staggs talked about this yesterday. We personally don't have a problem with it. But we do believe that a lot of players are having issues with this. Aside from that, there are probably other features in the current update that players are not happy about. Make a thread, get public opinions and work towards a fix/solution?

Cjbustuup    1

100% Hire PewDiePie!! Na jks but still... but yea I think bringing helis back in could be a good thing even if they are only civ ones.

Andrew    0

I would love an arma 3 RP server, that would be awesome. A currency would provide the incentive to play which would be good. And yes amnesty I agree with #bringbacknykke ;) Of course no hackers back which is a given.

I agree with some of the people above, please change some of the firefight rules, especially the hostage/execution ones.

Edit: Rolle pls steal arma 3 life files and use them pls

Isak    0

Not minecraft RP :P but mabye another Arma RP ^^ And Online promotion :D I'd love thaaat ^^

The Clown    1

I really don't think that reversing all the progress we've made within the last year and a half is the solution Rolle. Even though I personally disagreed with some stuff you always had your reasons.

The whole progress from a simple no-KoS server to a rather serious RP server was done by choice. And it influenced the community a lot. So now you have people who expect that and I really don't know if you wanna drive those away in trade-off for some kids who just got rekt too much on normal DayZ servers and think they'll do better without KoS.

For rather obvious reasons I do like the idea of amnesty, but I also agree with what has been said about "no mercy for hackers".

The whole leaderboard stuff was cool and all, but did anyone seriously miss it ? Doesn't sound like a big dealbreaker to me.

Hellbreed06    0

- Promote online play

So much yes, i would love to see a reward system and the leader boards back, its fun because it gives you some sort of bragging rights, i remeber trying to headshot everything to get on top but only ended up wasting ammo.

- New game features

New game features would definitely bring back some players and maybe even attract new ones. I always liked the idea of a currency system but its very difficult giving something value in a world where guns are the only thing that matters.

- Amnesty

Yes and no. People who have showed remorse for what they have done and are genuinely trying to make up for what they have done should get another chance. Hackers, however, can fuck of to different communities where such people are accepted. (#BringBackIRA)

- Bring in new games

GOD YES. I spent alot of time looking for Takistan/Chernarus life servers where the RP is actually strictly enforced, it would make a good mod a great mod, so many possibilities.

Keep the rules as they are, there are far to many ''people with a lesser mental capacity'' on this server, making it easier would just bring in more.

- Support media team

I care very little about social media and other stuff like that, others however who do use it might see an interest in this.

Regarding the suggested amnesty, I think some people are a little too quick to say who should get another chance and who should not. It's not that I don't understand the argument of why hackers shouldn't get another chance, and trust me when I say I'd really like to see some people back, but arguments like these, mine included if I'd make them, are nothing more than "I liked person x so I want him back".

That's not to say there can't be objectivity (to some extent), but how? Do we even know why each specific person was permabanned? Sure there are logs, but there are so many individual cases that I don't see how we can make the distinction between "deserves another chance" and "doesn't deserve another chance".

I also think it's a rather dire method to populate the servers. It should happen through positive change, not through negative. Amnesty undermines the whole idea of a permaban. This is of course implying that everyone is permabanned for a good reason, which may not necessarily be the case, but if it isn't then we need a way to make the distinction. Just saying no to hackers and yes to anyone else is way too vague.

What I guess you could do instead of amnesty is just start to be more lenient in ban appeals. Grumby and Archer, among others, were unbanned. I doubt however that this is really going to repopulate the servers.

Wunsleh    10

So, I've had this idea. Community expansion is still far off so we can't count on that to populate the servers. More and more people are quitting the game getting tired of it (including me, I completely understand) and nobody wants to play on an empty server, no matter how good the community is.

I've had these ideas to perhaps increase the number of players in the game and overall community activity.

- Promote online play

Provide some kind of reward to players based on time played on the server, to give incentive to join. Perhaps Donation credits / hour or exclusive skins to those who play over a certain amount of hours / week? Bring back the leaderboards and reward people in top 3, daily or weekly (would be automated)?

This sounds look a good idea it would definitely get the attention of quite a few i'd reckon.

- New game features

as long as it isn't a total conversion it's worth a shot. new additions is for a lot of people welcomed.

- Amnesty

I say yes and no. People whom have been permabanned for rule offense yes. if they got themselves banned because they kosd someone or broke nlr then i'd say yes to those people, give them another shot.

Hackers? nope nope nope

people hiding permabanned players? perhaps put them on a 67% warning level?

people purposefully bending the rules to get advantages ingame, A.K.A Winslowbarington? hell to the no.

- Bring in new games

Do not wait for website/community expansion, get RP servers for other, popular games now and advertise them, hopefully providing a boost to the number of community members. Standalone or MinecraftRP anyone?

unsure about this one, it could work but it could also destroy what is left of the population in thedayzrp mod

We currently have pretty strict rules compared to other RP communities, especially if you compare Altis Life which often don't even have a whitelist. The idea here is make the whitelisting process more basic and easier, reduce the rules to bare essentials and change focus from hardcore RP aka nofunallowed to semi-serious RP to appeal to a broader audience.

this could work. there are a lot of people here who joined when the whitelist was not that difficult, myself included. We all turned out fine.

- Support media team

promoting Dayzrp on the interwebs is always a good idea.

- Pay PewDiePie to do a video on our server

Joke :lol:

it may be overkill for him, but it is an idea to ask a well known youtuber who plays dayz to do a video for us, attract his viewers to dayzrp. the first time Psisyndicate joined the community got massively expanded with people who still are around today.

- Your idea?

Post your idea on what you think can help us get back to the golden age of DayZRP :)

Mellstrom    21

Im afraid im going to have to say no to all of this except for supporting the mediateam. giving them a little extra help is always nice. Re-whitelisting old players seems very (to be honest) dumb. Theyve had their chances and they dont deserve another one.

Lowering the whitelisting quality will make it easier for less RP-focused players to come in and hurt the community. Whitelisting is already easy to do and if you write your application in a few hours and include everything needed you will be fine.

The reason for people taking a break is that they are either waiting for the hotfix or that they deslike the new patch.

I personally have no problems with the new patch. Finding food and drinks is very easy and if you get infected then you have to suck it up. As long as you are carefull with what you drink and stock up on supplies you will survive.

I havent gotten infected or died yet becouse i dont rush in guns blazing or drink from dirty water.

Its very easy to stay alive and well in the new patch. Im currently in the procces of making a guide that makes it easier for players to stay alive in the new patch. This might help to bring some players back to the server.

Guest Terry   
Guest Terry

One thing could be a change of scenery, I personally love Chernarus and I love playing other Non-RP Servers but I find it hard to find certain maps now since Standalone for instance Lingor at one time had about 100 populated servers now there are non. I feel that a change in scenery, not necessarily Lingor maybe Taviana,Panthera or the dreaded Namalsk could draw in some people who want to play on those maps but cant find a dedicated server for them. My personal choice would be Lingor as it is a diverse map which could offer a lot in terms of variety.