Server time: 2017-08-20, 04:17

Sign in to follow this  
Rolle

Low activity

Rolle    2450

Hi,

I've received a few questions, from both staff and our members about my activity, why I'm not responding to PMs etc. I just wanted to inform about the surrounding events and give the community a heads up that I will most likely be less active than normal for the upcoming months, the reason being a lot of real life commitments.

I work full time and my 8 month old daughter is growing so fast, every day that goes by feels so short, I don't want to miss a thing and I barely get any time with her after work before she goes to bed. I just don't have time to play any games or do serious work for the community like I used to for the past 2 years.

I also just got good news that me and missus got a newly built big 4 room apartment in a small, peaceful town of Lomma, close to the sea. An awesome location, with a kindergarten and school close by and really nice neighborhood that is being built there. I move there on 1st February, I am finally getting out of the

after 12 years, Swedes will know ;)

As you probably know, I host all servers myself, so they move with me, although I know that the connection there won't be as good as it is here, I'm hoping for 100/100 Mbit optic fibre from Telia. Depending on the connection speed servers may or may not continue to be hosted by me after February. In case of unsatisfactory connection I will buy a dedicated server for our community instead, so you have nothing to worry about, DayZRP is here to stay.

The plans for extended community are still on, we're waiting for full release of IPB4. Once it releases I will slowly but steadily start working on plugins and themes for our new website, but as I said it may take time, so don't hold your breath ;)

To sum it up, no I'm not completely leaving or abandoning DayZRP, I will just probably post less and won't be as involved in staff decision making as I usually am. I am on daily basis on the website solving backend, server and coding issues behind the scenes as these are areas only I have access to. 80% of staff contact I have is through the other admins, primarily Dax because of the timezone, so if you want to get something important through to me, contact him. You can still send me PMs, but I don't promise to answer them fast unless it's about things only I can do (donations, refunds, staff complaints at or above senior GM level).

TL;DR: I will be less active from now on, no immediate changes coming, brace for downtime in February.

Best of luck with everything Rolle, IRL always comes over RP

With this downtime, if this due to the big changes or is it due to something else?

Also:

:unacceptable:

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

That is the most organised looking town I have ever seen in my life. Compared to mine anyway...

dundalkarial1.jpg

GingerHippo    4

Glad to see that you're moving your commitment to your family life. It's always infront of everything else in my eyes as even though I don't have a family and everything, I understand that when you've got a child of your own then you want to actually see them grow up.

I hope that you move safely and that you eventually get to start being more involved in her life (getting to do more things with her) and also with the missus as a family. I hope the move goes well and glad to see that you're going onwards and upwards! <3

Mellstrom    21

Good luck with everything and stay safe!

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Best of luck Rolle, understandable of course, will you still be available for prepping the hunger games event this weekend

Vesper    0

Best of luck with everything Rolle!! Enjoy your time with your daughter, it really does go by too fast :(

Grihm    16

Familjen framför allt så lycka till och hoppas du är tillbaka inom kort =)

Family above all, so good luck and hopefully you´l be back shortly =)

Laurence Taylor    3

New housing area looks sexy asf, have fun!

Doc    3

It is good you have made a public announcement. I respect the man who puts his family before other commitments, and with your daughter, I am sure you want to be around. Take care Rolle, and don't destroy the server unannounced... :troll:

Ano G    0

Farewell the all powerful Rolle. GOOD LUCK :D

Onionjack    0

The new place sounds great, good luck Rolle!

Time indeed goes fast, my son is 9 years old and I don't get how years have gone by so fast.

Tribute to your new home :)

[video=youtube]

J.D.    2

No problems mate good luck with it all I have faith in all the staff to carry where you cant :-)

Ego    1

8 months already? Jesus Christ time flies so fast.

Back in the day we were staff :(

Hope the princess of DayZ RP is doing well Rolle <3