Server time: 2017-10-17, 23:57
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Vaine

Blackwood Mercs / Republic .. bandits or not ?

Vaine    23

Hello.

I am posting this and recently iv been hearing that people are hesitant due to they are hearing rumors that Blackwood merc's / Republic was/is a bandit group.

Please those who are aware of either of these groups share your opinion on if they were bandit or not and why.

I am trying to find out where these rumors are generated from as Blackwood Mercs which was originally suppose to be neutral ended up a hero merc group , allying themselves with CBR and TWF and such to fight against SDS , VOLKI and such

I had a strict tolerance on no hostile action unless it was a contracted or an enemy clan. Robbing civ's for no reason was punishable with removal from the group

Any feedback would be helpful to get this cleared up

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I personally always thought of you guys as neutal/hero clan! I met you once, awesome RP and overall great experience. Cannot say that I would expect you to be bandits, after reading you clan page!

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Wait what, when did Blackwood fight SDS? :P

I find you guys to be a neutral clan, not robbers, but do look for action, which is good.

Vaine    23

Wait what, when did Blackwood fight SDS? :P

I find you guys to be a neutral clan, not robbers, but do look for action, which is good.

SDS fighting was from us assisting CBR and TFW :P

Vector    0

All the dealing I've had with blackwood lead me to believe that they were that you guys were a pro-active hero group.

Even when I ran into a check point ran by you guys It was maintained and operated as an informational point, not give guns or shoot.

the idea of yourselves being a "bandit" group is laughable to me.

Yuval    2

From the name I assumed you were bandits, also a long time ago I was with you guys in ts, and someone spoke about robbing... Allot. But personally I had no bad experience, if any.

Vaine    23

From the name I assumed you were bandits, also a long time ago I was with you guys in ts, and someone spoke about robbing... Allot. But personally I had no bad experience, if any.

saying and doing it are 2 different things. the person would of been Kevin urmston , or john job.

Kevin after we spoke on it went to volki due to i would not let him rob and in time john left also due to wanting to rob.

Iv thought on it and this came to mind.

The only 'robbing' that would have taken place would of been the first week or 2 of B-merc which involved some members rolling with volki which i put an end to due to it made no RP sense as it was not contracted.After that tho months went by without similar incident.

Thank you for your reply yuval , just one thing .. what part of the name made you assume we were bandits ? Are you refering to Mercenaries back in B-merc ?

Yuval    2

Blackwood mercs reminds me of blackwater mercs, could be just me, but in general the name sounds bandity, mercenaries act for profit, not good or right and in rp terms will be bandits. The new name is much better though.

Vaine    23

Blackwood mercs reminds me of blackwater mercs, could be just me, but in general the name sounds bandity, mercenaries act for profit, not good or right and in rp terms will be bandits. The new name is much better though.

That is a problem that RP has had for awhile as tomeran once said while making B-merc. and i quote:

''the most common trap that merc clans end up in is that they just end up being a normal semi-bandit clan without doing any actual merc stuff.

''

This was something i honestly took in and constantly worked to prevent (thus why some members were granted to leave for more bandit pastures without issue)

Thanks again for reply yuval , its just a shame so far it is the only reason for these rumors were the thought that we were a 'typical' merc group.

Edit: No idea what blackwater mercs is , old group ?

Blackwood are more or less Heroes for me,

I would have liked to see you create Blackwood Mercenaries because at the moment we are the only Merc's haha.

But last time you were around I really enjoyed your roleplay and loved that you stuck to your laws or regulations or whatever haha.

Oldman    22

Two rights don't make one wrong right? or ait it was Two wrongs are... ah what the hell. I am meaning to say as SDS we fight other bandits again and have a tendency to fight the more powerfull groups that prey on the weak a lot. This of course does not make us a hero clan even though some of our actions are heroic. So always stay away from robbing a neutral person, else your reputation will collapse soon.

Another thing could be that others feel that they are neutral and while being attacked they feel that you are the bad guy, even though that might not be the case. After wich they will tell their friends that you guys do no good.