Server time: 2017-10-18, 04:03
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Guest LoneLion

Radio/ACRE

Guest LoneLion   
Guest LoneLion

I am new here so fogive if I missed something. But was wondering if ACRE mod was ever suggested for this community? Obviously I can see an issue with people listening in on frequencies on radios if they had a powerful enough radio and was within range. But I seen community's use this before and really added to the role play especially when the radios became distorted due to terrain etc?

Was just wondering if it had been suggested before and turn down, the reasons for it thanks.

Valkerion    0

Been suggested Multiple times.

I believe the argument was that it would restrict the TS to purely IC things when a lot of people also use it for general socializing and other things.

So it was put aside i believe I may be wrong on that however but that is what i seem to remember

Mikachu    26

it's something still being 'worked' on but i dont know if it will ever actually be implemented.

Guest LoneLion   
Guest LoneLion

I see the point with the TS restrictions. As well as it maybe bad to cluster one channel full of players can be a bad thing. Good points I see in it is allowing players to communicate with everyone especially when you haven't found a player for hours.

If only there was a way to implement it through side chat rather than TS that would be truly great.

Mikachu    26

I see the point with the TS restrictions. As well as it maybe bad to cluster one channel full of players can be a bad thing. Good points I see in it is allowing players to communicate with everyone especially when you haven't found a player for hours.

If only there was a way to implement it through side chat rather than TS that would be truly great.

this IS a way to use the group system for IG group comms but the issue is it doesnt have any of the cool ACRE stuff like, infiltrating comms or broadcasting in direct

Guest LoneLion   
Guest LoneLion

I think the issue is the channel. Obviously if a group/clan lock themselves in their TS channel they would have secure coms and know if someone was listening cause teamspeak warns of players joining. As for open coms to contact new people can;t a channel easily be made for just that? I think the main issue is education people on enabling and disabling ACRE before and after use in certain channels. So really those things can easily be worked around however the issue still remains of obviously developing a method to infiltrate coms. Either that or just have people disable their TS alert option but obviously that can't be controlled and that cna lead to meta gaming etc..

Owen    14

The only downside to this is that you would have to remain in character at all time. I like chit chat now and then.

Guest LoneLion   
Guest LoneLion

Yeah true, being IC all the time and having to make sure you were tuned in and were within distance before you could say something OOC would be a pain. Not to mention actually needing to find a radio powerful enough. But if it were possible to subject the radio/acre to just open coms only with just a open com channel which would require to disable/enable before entry could solve a lot of problems but then again is it worth that for not being able to take advantage of the features. Groups could use this if they so pleased in locked channels too but would need to rename the channel from ACRE-on to ACRE-off which isn't exactly user friendly.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Been suggested Multiple times.

I believe the argument was that it would restrict the TS to purely IC things when a lot of people also use it for general socializing and other things.

So it was put aside i believe I may be wrong on that however but that is what i seem to remember

Can have a locked IG channel and scripts that put you in the channel when you get in game?

The only downside to this is that you would have to remain in character at all time. I like chit chat now and then.

Also, playing female is impossible, plsying as a character with an accent will be impossible for me(accents are godly bad)

Guest LoneLion   
Guest LoneLion

Well maybe when DayZRP comes to standalone it will be done their as the developers on Standalone have already implemented something a lot more favourable to use.

Stagsview    624

To the OP.

There is many threads already that have discussions about ACRE. I am going to close this thread.

But! In this thread there is a discussion going on about ACRE if it should be implemented. Put in a argument why it should be added in and provide relevant reasoning why to the discussion. From there we can continue the discussion.

//closing