Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:27
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ianclimber

Whitelist Issues

Question

Guest ianclimber   
Guest ianclimber

Yesterday and the day before that I've tried to attempt writing my whitelist form. Each time I wrote far more than I needed and followed the criterion completely. I provided examples, ways it is could be used on the server, and even included the punishments. I was hoping to find a simple list of things that need to be included because following the guidelines provided hasn't helped me.

15 answers to this question

Guest ianclimber   
Guest ianclimber

May I ask what the staff wanted you to improve?

"incorrect NLR and KOS explanation. Re-read rules for more details."

I provided examples, uses, explanations, punishments, and how the rules affected the players. This is the second revision of my whitelist application and it's troublesome.

Conor    254

May I ask what the staff wanted you to improve?

I provided examples, uses, explanations, punishments, and how the rules affected the players. This is the second revision of my whitelist application and it's troublesome.

If you want, PM me your whitelist application. I cannot tell you exactly what you need to improve but I can give you a bit of feedback if you want :)

Roman    0

I'd suggest that you post what you've wrote here so people can get a look at it and help you out.

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of your whitelist, do you? Usually the admins go over what was wrong, I guess it's changed or depends on who does it.

Send me, or a CH, or any member of staff a PM with your KoS and NLR explanation and we'll help you out. You can also post it right here if you want.

Guest ianclimber   
Guest ianclimber

I was so sure of my revision that I didn't save a copy. i have a few hours until i can re-apply

Roman    0

I was so sure of my revision that I didn't save a copy. i have a few hours until i can re-apply

Well before you send it in, send it to someone in staff or post it here.

Guest ianclimber   
Guest ianclimber

7 hours so I'll probably get around to it tomorrow i have work

Grihm    16

Write it in open office or such first and save a copy before posting it. You don´t want to type it all in the application and have it crash, because then all is lost and you have to start over again.

Guest ianclimber   
Guest ianclimber

You wouldn't happen to have a copy of your whitelist, do you? Usually the admins go over what was wrong, I guess it's changed or depends on who does it.

Send me, or a CH, or any member of staff a PM with your KoS and NLR explanation and we'll help you out. You can also post it right here if you want.

NLR or New Life Rule is an interesting concept. The basics of the rule is that when you die it is as if you are starting over completely void of memory regarding past events. For example if you were to be killed by someone you trusted you could not seek revenge on that person because you "can't remember" what happened. It eliminates the rush to your body after you've been killed because it is unrealistic. There is only one exception and that is if you were to die from an Arma glitch. During roleplay it is key to remember this rule because death is a reset button. The NLR states that you may not return anywhere within a radius of 1 kilometer of your body for at least one hour.

The KOS rule or Killing On Sight rule dictates that you may not randomly engage a target without first interacting with them. This prevents the constant random deathmatch that has become so common in the DayZ community. An example would be if I were to walk into a town and someone was to open fire on me from atop a building with no previous interaction or provocation. There is one exception to this rule and that is the "Good Samaritan" clause which allows a heroic bystander who has witnessed a crime in progress to take out the threat without interaction.

Terra    1449

Those explanations are not enough and I can see why you got rejected. I Pm´ed you with some help.

Before you send in your 3rd Application make sure you let someone read over. Join Ts Helpdesk and ask for help. Everyone is willing to help you.

Terra

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

A06O3Bo.png

my tip- post a crap ton of examples. (If group A initiates on you, lets you go, and then you wish to seek revenge, you have two hours to kill group A)

Matt    24

Gonna mark this as solved if you need help with your whitelist never be shy to pm a member of staff.

/Solved