Server time: 2017-08-21, 10:21

Sign in to follow this  
Grihm

Reports - Formals / Week

Question

Grihm    16

Do you have any numbers of how many reports and formals there are sent in / week? Any statistics on what they are in regards to and also how fast they are solved?

21 answers to this question

Why dont you count its wouldn't be that hard there are not that many across a week (in my opinion) well not many that go all the way at least anyway.

Laurence Taylor    3

Why do you want to know?

Voodoo    366

There is no answer. There can always be a variable that needs to be taken into account.

We may have 1- 5 one week and then 5 -10 another. If someone does a mass kos the reports will stack up fast.

All reports have to wait 24 hours before going formal unless staff see that it has to go formal straight away. Many reports are worked out and dont go formal.

As for solving it depends on the situation. All GMs and admins discuss a report unless their group is involved or they were in the report. So if the GMs or admins are not around or cant discuss due to involvment then the report waits till those who can are around. The other week we had a report discussion that lasted almost 5 hours so as you can see it can be lengthy

Does this help?

Grihm    16

There is no answer. There can always be a variable that needs to be taken into account.

We may have 1- 5 one week and then 5 -10 another. If someone does a mass kos the reports will stack up fast.

All reports have to wait 24 hours before going formal unless staff see that it has to go formal straight away. Many reports are worked out and dont go formal.

As for solving it depends on the situation. All GMs and admins discuss a report unless their group is involved or they were in the report. So if the GMs or admins are not around or cant discuss due to involvment then the report waits till those who can are around. The other week we had a report discussion that lasted almost 5 hours so as you can see it can be lengthy

Does this help?

Yes thank you. Gives me something to start from. Very appreciated.

Voodoo    366

I would say look into formal reports next week and make a list of how many formals we get that week then continue over a month to work out an average

Grihm    16

Yeah my crafting is on hold now since i have a massive cold O_o

Think i have some sparetime to poke around ^^

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Those statistics would be pretty cool. I'd also like to know how many reports were made by- and made against certain clans, but that's probably very hard.

-snip?-

Grihm    16

Not my area specificly, but some spreadsheet should be possible to create. Good to have as an overwiew.

Wunsleh    10

Those statistics would be pretty cool. I'd also like to know how many reports were made by- and made against certain clans, but that's probably very hard.

I once calculated how many reports all Echo 11 members made alltogether, lel.

You could just ask us to press the report button you know...

Whats report worthy about that exactly?

Anyway to the OP why do you actually want these statistics? I feel like your gonna use them to raise some point once you have them.

Stagsview    589

/marking as solved for now, but it is generally impossible to get a exact figure on how many reports there is within a week.

But this is a community discussion. Lets see what others think about this ;)

Grihm    16

Anyway to the OP why do you actually want these statistics? I feel like your gonna use them to raise some point once you have them.

I probably will yes. If i raise a point, is it not better with actual results and proof than speculations?

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

I probably will yes. If i raise a point, is it not better with actual results and proof than speculations?

You could do it yourself?

Just check the amount of reports a week and how long they took to go formal and get solved in the past 2 months or something?

Has this point got anything to do with you earlier statements that you basically want all banditry removed from the server?

Grihm    16

Has this point got anything to do with you earlier statements that you basically want all banditry removed from the server?

Listen friend. Please show me my post where i want to remove banitry from the server. You seem very worried for some reason. Anything wrong?

Listen friend. Please show me my post where i want to remove banitry from the server. You seem very worried for some reason. Anything wrong?

Im not worried im just trying to understand why you want this information.

My theory so far is that you want to know how many formal reports go up over a week to make "a point" and after having quite a big rant about how bandits are treated with a silk glove and such.

I can only assume your gonna go off on one about it but meh iv been wrong before

Grihm    16

Im not worried im just trying to understand why you want this information.

My theory so far is that you want to know how many formal reports go up over a week to make "a point" and after having quite a big rant about how bandits are treated with a silk glove and such.

I can only assume your gonna go off on one about it but meh iv been wrong before

Well that´s normal in the forums and during internet surfing, and people have their minds set on certain things by default. Go off on one is a comment im not familiar with, but English is not my native language so i´m just gonna guess.

Rage on the internet is as useful as watching paint dry, on vhs while closing your eyes. If i have a statistical question, i ask it. The outcome is of no matter since the answer about the situation in that post you mention is already stated to me and others. Can i change it? No probably not.

Would i like statistics for that as well, sure, but this is not the case in regards to this post. If it pleases you i can say it is to compare playeramounts to criminal acts as a part but not just. It also is to see the number of trollings and exploits being reported and to see what can be done to ensure another layer of security to the player base. This especially since the SA will be up and running soon. Hope that helps you.

There really is no way to put forth a calculation of reports and get anything conclusive. I would say most reports are simple discussions to see if a rule is broken which many result in being closed after a brief discussion. Other reports are made out of rage or possible an actual rule that is broken. For the ones that go formal we look at each bit of evidence and make a verdict. There has been a whole week that goes by and we are lucky to have 1-3 and sometimes we will get bombarded. Of course you will see some of the same clans in reports because they tend to have a larger number of members and are very active in game. Good luck either way.

I will be closing this if it starts getting out of hand and turns into a back and forth argument.

Pyrah    1

I might be being stupid here or looking at it to simply but in the last 5 days there have been;

6 Formal Reports to which 2 are "unsolved"

12 Report Discussion that were solved

At the bottom right of the page you can select pretty much how far you want to go back and get a rough count that way for the amount coming through over a certain amount of time.

Grihm    16

I have gotten my answer already some way back but been answering statements. You can close it if you wish.