Server time: 2017-08-19, 05:41

Sign in to follow this  
Guest NinjaCarnage

Recording FPS Drop

Guest NinjaCarnage   
Guest NinjaCarnage

I want to record my games and play sessions for youtube on my PC. I tried fraps, dxtory, OBS and a few others. I can normally play games fine with 40+ fps and high settings for everything. The problem arises when I try to record. The fps drops considerably. I've tried saving to other drives, (internal and external) and I've tried all programs and everything. Is this a problem with my computer itself? I scanned for viruses and my computer is clean. When I tried to record to a hard drive other than what I play from, my fps shoots up to around 60 but my write speed lowers to around 12 or 17. My end goal is to record anything at whatever settings my graphics card can handle with 30+ fps and file sizes I can at least handle.

Oh yeah here are my specs straight from dxdiag:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (6.1, Build 7600)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: OptiPlex 380

BIOS: Pheonix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A07

Processor: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93 Ghz (2 CPUs) - 2.9Ghz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Page File: 2706MB Used 13543MB avaliable

DirectX Version: Direct X 11

My Graphics card is an AMD Radeon R7 200 Series, my monitor is 1600 x 900. Currently I'm trying dxtory and recording in 720p, limited to 30 fps, multithreads enabled and saving to my normal drive. The dxtory test shows the write speed at 115 MB/sec.

I tried so many things and so far I have found I am the only one with this problem. Please help me out =)

Cedrea    1

Didn't you already make a thread about this?

Anyway.. Your CPU isn't really that great you now.. I don't think a dual core can handle this game at 40+ FPS(maybe I3 CPUs but I never looked into that) but to record at 30+?

Guest NinjaCarnage   
Guest NinjaCarnage

Alright so what cpu do you guys reccomend for recording, playing games and is in a nice price range?

Cedrea    1

Alright so what cpu do you guys reccomend for recording, playing games and is in a nice price range?

You should be ok with a i5 CPU. I got the i5 4690 recently(3.5 GHz) and I am very happy with it.

have you looked in to the new AMD recording software it has been developed to mirror ShadowPlay, maybe take a look into.

after you have tested it I would love to know how you got on with it as I'm very curious as to how well it performs

raptr

Guest NinjaCarnage   
Guest NinjaCarnage

have you looked in to the new AMD recording software it has been developed to mirror ShadowPlay, maybe take a look into.

after you have tested it I would love to know how you got on with it as I'm very curious as to how well it performs

raptr

Thanks for the heads up ill test it up and post back here.

Guest NinjaCarnage   
Guest NinjaCarnage

raptr

Didnt work weel for me, Im going to invest in a new cpu hopefully

Could you give a little more information, what didn't work well with it, the recording? If so what was wrong with it?

Guest NinjaCarnage   
Guest NinjaCarnage

Could you give a little more information, what didn't work well with it, the recording? If so what was wrong with it?

Wasnt the software's problem, its because of my cpu not fast enough to record well.

You should be ok with a i5 CPU. I got the i5 4690 recently(3.5 GHz) and I am very happy with it.

So if I do buy this cpu, does this mean that I have to buy a new motherboard power supply and if it wont fit Ill have to end up buying a new pc? or will just the cpu work fine?

Cedrea    1

Easy there. What CPU socket is there on your motherboard? And most likely if your PSU is 80+ bronze and 450-500 W you'll be fine with that.

Guest NinjaCarnage   
Guest NinjaCarnage

Easy there. What CPU socket is there on your motherboard? And most likely if your PSU is 80+ bronze and 450-500 W you'll be fine with that.

How do I check out my socket and cpu? I'm kind of new on the tech scene.

Also keep in mind that the hard drive is pretty important to, I'd suggest in investing in an SDD.

Cedrea    1

How do I check out my socket and cpu? I'm kind of new on the tech scene.

You need to find out what your motherboard is. Then simply search it on google and see what CPU socket it has.

Oldman    22

2 cpu's is ok for just playing the game, but your pc can't handle another task like recording. Hense you have decent fps in game, but when you do another thing at same time it drops like a brick.

Also if you record you can do it to another drive and this is were my knowledge stops and someone else tells you what to do to upgrade your pc.