Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 06:51

FPS so bad

Hi there, I have experienced, that the fps are so freaking low. I can change my graphics-settings on the lowest settings and nothing changes. On medium-settings I usualy have 25-30fps on other servers. anando said the server has a custum viewdistance, is there anything to do to improve the fps?

greetings Aleks

• Server Manager

You generally have less FPS on DayZRP because we have increased view distance to 2500-3000m (800-1500m in unmodded DayZ). So if you were struggling in the vanilla DayZ it will be unplayable here on DayZRP. I have also noticed FPS drops with the latest 1.7.5.1 patch, hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Isn't it possible to scale up the span instead of forcing this option? (sorry when this sounds silly, I have no clue of how to programm software or mods)

Now when I think about it again, it was better before the update.

3rd Edit: I generally thought of replacing my videocard. Now I have a GTS 250. How awesome would be my framerate with a GTX 650?

DayZ/ARMA is a Hard drive and CPU dependent game. Meaning you'll see better frames by upgrading to a SSD rather than a small upgrade of your GPU.

Don't get me wrong, your card needs to be upgraded in you want to play any new game decently, but as for Arma, I think you'd see a bigger frame increase by getting a SSD and then running the game off of the SSD.