Server time: 2017-08-19, 03:54

Sign in to follow this  
DukeOfAgincourt

Yugoslavian weaponry - Weapons suggestions

Moar AK's that is not Kalashnikov?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Moar AK's that is not Kalashnikov?

• Yay!
    • Nay!
    • Not all but some weapons!

yougoslaviun waponz, come 1 come all.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17026

Since Chernarus was a Soviet bloc, I'm thinking that some Yugoslavian firearms would have made it into the country.

I don't know if there are a lot of AK's in the current mod, but I'm thinking that something besides Kalashnakov would fit in with the current weapon list.

- M70AB1

- M70AB2

- M76

- M12AB1

- M72AB1

- m21

- m93

- m53 sarac

- m84

- M80 with tromblon mines

Yeah I don't think we need mines, so scratch that.

Hamakaze    12

"Yugoslavia, the second-largest of the communist post-war countries, and the sole communist state with open access to the Mediterranean, was only aligned with the Soviet Union for 3 post-war years (1945-1948 ). Its leader, Josip Broz Tito, broke with the Soviets with the Tito–Stalin split of 1948. The country subsequently came under threat of invasion by the Warsaw Pact, with the Yugoslav People's Army planning defenses against both Eastern and Western Bloc attacks. Throughout the Cold War period, the country steered an independent course, founding the Non-Aligned Movement in collaboration with Ghana, Egypt and India."

So all these weapons were made and supplied to chernarus before 1948??

Jack Kolb    0

Are you sure these are for arma 2?

Looking at the textures it looks like the files are imported from armed assault.

But if we can get a better textured model I think this would be nice but note that most of the guns in that pack either are already in the mod or have already been mentioned once before.

Major    425

"Yugoslavia, the second-largest of the communist post-war countries, and the sole communist state with open access to the Mediterranean, was only aligned with the Soviet Union for 3 post-war years (1945-1948 ). Its leader, Josip Broz Tito, broke with the Soviets with the Tito–Stalin split of 1948. The country subsequently came under threat of invasion by the Warsaw Pact, with the Yugoslav People's Army planning defenses against both Eastern and Western Bloc attacks. Throughout the Cold War period, the country steered an independent course, founding the Non-Aligned Movement in collaboration with Ghana, Egypt and India."

Even if it is for ARMA 2 the textures are horrible imo.

In all fairness quite a lot of these are just badly re-skinned and renamed versions of weapons we already have so i dont really see the point.

PandoraX3M    0

Spillin the beans of history I see? Or maybe just wikipedia :P

They don't look nearly as bad as the pictures on the armaholic page but after playing around with them in the editor for a bit they do seem rather badly made. One of my main problems with them are the scopes on some of the weapons look a bit like this:

760x401http://puu.sh/bJqeI/090ec14116.png[/img]

760x417http://puu.sh/bJqgX/3558ebd260.png[/img]

and the textures on most of the guns too:

760x473http://puu.sh/bJqru/eccb75659e.png[/img]

Overall it just seems like a badly made mod and most of the weapons in the mod look extremely similar if not identical to ones that are already currently in the DayZRP mod.

It is a no from me.

Ahh I see. Whelp, at least it was a try. Could this thread get locked? I think the points have been made and I'm starting to contemplate how bad this decision was.

Snow    1

sounds cool! but yugoslavia doesnt exist anymore so why would their weapons be here?

Just because a country doesn't exist anymore doesn't mean their weapons magically disappear. The AKM is a soviet rifle, and there's plenty of those lying about.

Also, this thread is like a month old and the OP has already asked it to be closed.

Guest kipaja2   
Guest kipaja2

Would be cool to see different weapons instead of seeing the same ak 50 times a day

DinoB    20

Would be cool to see different weapons instead of seeing the same ak 50 times a day

what else would you expect from a post soviet country??

Guest kipaja2   
Guest kipaja2

what else would you expect from a post soviet country??

Having different types of weapons...