Server time: 2017-08-24, 04:40

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Reverend

KOS rights per individual change

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

From reading a couple of reports, I have come up with an idea.

In the rules, it states that if Player X is robbed by Player Y, then Player X gains KoS rights on Player Y for 2 hours.

You can take revenge for a hostile action taken against you for 2 hours from the time hostile action was taken, as long as it does not conflict with the other rules.

But what I do not understand is this: If Player X finds Player Y, lets say, 5 hours later, Player X cannot KoS Player Y, but has to initiate once again.

What I am proposing is this: Player X gets robbed by Player Y. Player Y runs away. Player X has KoS rights on Player Y until his IG death (respawn). If Player X dies after being robbed, he loses the KoS rights. When Player X does kill Player Y, KoS rights end there - granting only 1 kill. Player Y does have to reinitiate though if he sees Player X again.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

No. We're here to encourage roleplay, not just shooting things. If you are able to shoot said person, it's also able to initiate.

Samaritan    258

This has been brought up before...it would turn into a KoS fest. You have the 2 hours then you have to initiate again thus promoting an RP situation. 2 hours is generous enough in my eyes.

It therefore is a no from me.

Jack Kolb    0

^Basically what Whazmeister said and plus there will be an endless amount of KOS reports because of that.

Owen    13

It is fine as it is. The two hours is more than enough if you look in the correct places and you'll be rewarded by finding them. Anyway after 2hours you find and initiate on him, you can have some fun.

But it's a no for me about this suggestion.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

^Basically what Whazmeister said and plus there will be an endless amount of KOS reports because of that.

I guess, you are right. In this case, close the thread, please.