McDugals

Juke Box

Do you want a Juke Box?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Juke Box?

• Play that funky music white boy.
    • Nope.

McDugals    37

I don't know why but having some background music in the bar at Trade Post would be pretty cool. Add a little mood to the scene, I mean you can't have a bar without music to keep the party on! I'm actually working on a Juke Box right now for a Diner I'm creating for one of my classes. I'm not sure if I would need to code anything but I figured if I modeled it I could send it over to the Devs and have them work their magic.

That of course depends on whether or not they even want it in game.

Discuss.

Igi    4

The idea of radios and such has been dabbled with a lot.

There use to be car radios and such.

Problem is, it's only plausible to use the sounds already in ARMA because adding music files to the mission file would just be ridiculous.

I haven't been through all of it but a vast majority of the music in ARMA is... 'combat orientated', for obvious reasons. I think there are SOME more relaxed tracks but not enough to make it worth it.

Anyhow, I go to trade post quite a lot and enjoy someone playing some kind of instrument. ^_^

I'm also planning on starting an actual live radio station (details to be publicised Soon™).

Owen    13

Copy right may be a issue here I think. It would have to be only certain songs which are allowed. Also the files itself may be large and cause problems to the server. I think people who play music ingame with a guitar or similar is good enough.

Jack Kolb    0

Problem is, it's only plausible to use the sounds already in ARMA because adding music files to the mission file would just be ridiculous.

I haven't been through all of it but a vast majority of the music in ARMA is... 'combat orientated', for obvious reasons. I think there are SOME more relaxed tracks but not enough to make it worth it.

I'm sure you could put the songs in to the mod files itself so that you don't have to download them every time you want to join the server.

Igi    4

I'm sure you could put the songs in to the mod files itself so that you don't have to download them every time you want to join the server.

Oh derp... Of course.

I'm too use to working on non-modded servers.

You're absolutely right. Still though, I feel it's more immersive if the community provide their own music.

Copyright might be a genuine issue though as DayZRP makes money and isn't registered as non-profit. Royalty-free stuff is always an option but still precarious territory as you have to be sure to check every detail of the licence.

All of this is far more effort than it's worth :P

McDugals    37

Oh derp... Of course.

I'm too use to working on non-modded servers.

You're absolutely right. Still though, I feel it's more immersive if the community provide their own music.

Copyright might be a genuine issue though as DayZRP makes money and isn't registered as non-profit. Royalty-free stuff is always an option but still precarious territory as you have to be sure to check every detail of the licence.

All of this is far more effort than it's worth :P

Hmmm didn't think of copy right stuff. I had to deal with a lot of that shit when I was making machinimas on youtube. And I do like it when people play instruments.