Server time: 2017-10-19, 23:39
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Guest SonicTactcis

I Cannot Hear Players IG

Question

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

*IT IS SOLVED NOW* If someone can help me that would be great, in game i cannot hear anyone. I am still new to DayZRP but when i joined I ran to Elektro to see if i can find anyone i can talk too, when i found someone I typed since i do not have a mic (i have regular headphones) I typed something like "hello can i come with you" and there was no response. so i typed a little more and then i typed "/ooc can u see the texts" and there was no response even though it looked like he was standing still to type. So I followed him and he went into the super mart where there were at least 3 other guys. i typed "hey guys" then i got no response. so i relogged and i went back to the super mart and it still was not working. If you know how to fix this PLEASE tell me how. (btw on other servers i can hear and see chat fine.)

34 answers to this question

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

*IT IS SOLVED NOW* If someone can help me that would be great, in game i cannot hear anyone. I am still new to DayZRP but when i joined I ran to Elektro to see if i can find anyone i can talk too, when i found someone I typed since i do not have a mic (i have regular headphones) I typed something like "hello can i come with you" and there was no response. so i typed a little more and then i typed "/ooc can u see the texts" and there was no response even though it looked like he was standing still to type. So I followed him and he went into the super mart where there were at least 3 other guys. i typed "hey guys" then i got no response. so i relogged and i went back to the super mart and it still was not working. If you know how to fix this PLEASE tell me how. (btw on other servers i can hear and see chat fine.)

Mellstrom    21

Are you sure you did not talk in group chat?

Mellstrom    21

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Maybe just non talkative?..

That wouldn't make sense, especially if you asked OOC if they can hear you, and no reply.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Maybe just non talkative?..

That wouldn't make sense, especially if you asked OOC if they can hear you, and no reply.

Leonidas    0

I dont know if this will work for you. I found this issue when I was using my computer and I cannot talk or type to anyone if I plud in my mic and headphones while the computer is on. If you don't mind, the next time this happens, turn your computer off, plug in your headphones, and turn it back on. I later learned it had to do with my driver and configuration that was messing with the ability to type in game messages to players on Dayz - if i plug a mic or headphones while I am logged on or the computer is already powered. I know it sounds weird but it worked for me.

Leonidas    0

I dont know if this will work for you. I found this issue when I was using my computer and I cannot talk or type to anyone if I plud in my mic and headphones while the computer is on. If you don't mind, the next time this happens, turn your computer off, plug in your headphones, and turn it back on. I later learned it had to do with my driver and configuration that was messing with the ability to type in game messages to players on Dayz - if i plug a mic or headphones while I am logged on or the computer is already powered. I know it sounds weird but it worked for me.

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

k thx man ill try that

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

k thx man ill try that

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Quite a silly question, but is Effects on your audio up?

Effects= voice chat and ingame sounds, like waves and gunshots.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Mellstrom    21

Don't think that matters since he typed.

Mellstrom    21

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

yep effects turned all the way up

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

yep effects turned all the way up

Phatal    50

Do you maybe have the audio in cable plugged into the wrong port? Such as having it plugged into your Microphone jack?

Phatal    50

Do you maybe have the audio in cable plugged into the wrong port? Such as having it plugged into your Microphone jack?

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

well my headphones are plugged into the headphones port thats what i have to do because my headphones cord isn't that long but it works on every game and different DayZ servers

I'm sure

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

well my headphones are plugged into the headphones port thats what i have to do because my headphones cord isn't that long but it works on every game and different DayZ servers

I'm sure

Mellstrom    21

k thx man ill try that

did you try this yet?

Mellstrom    21

k thx man ill try that

did you try this yet?

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

k thx man ill try that

did you try this yet?

gonna try it now

Guest SonicTactcis   
Guest SonicTactcis

k thx man ill try that

did you try this yet?

gonna try it now