Server time: 2017-10-18, 15:04
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
chris__carr

Suggestions for playing

Question

chris__carr    0

Hey guys, i recently join DayZRP and having played it for a little bit i am a little underwhelmed so far, i haven't really come across all that many players which i found surprising as one of the reasons i went through the application process for this mod version of DayZ was to see how player interaction was different due the the no KoS rules etc... enforced on the MOD.

Are there any suggestions people would give to increase my experience on the server?

Would i be advised to join a group?

What benefits can you get from a group?

Am I gravitating to the wrong areas on the map? (Elektro/Cherno)

I thought i would stop by to get other players opinions of how they have got into and kept playing this MOD and the experiences they have had.

Thanks for reading and/or replying

38 answers to this question

chris__carr    0

Hey guys, i recently join DayZRP and having played it for a little bit i am a little underwhelmed so far, i haven't really come across all that many players which i found surprising as one of the reasons i went through the application process for this mod version of DayZ was to see how player interaction was different due the the no KoS rules etc... enforced on the MOD.

Are there any suggestions people would give to increase my experience on the server?

Would i be advised to join a group?

What benefits can you get from a group?

Am I gravitating to the wrong areas on the map? (Elektro/Cherno)

I thought i would stop by to get other players opinions of how they have got into and kept playing this MOD and the experiences they have had.

Thanks for reading and/or replying

Cherno will normally have a specific group in it, you should find out IC which one, but north is more popular (Stary Sobor and NW Airfield). Hope this helps!

As for joining a group, its up to you. When I first joined I played solo to get a hang of things. Once I got the rhythm I started to join groups. The benefits are knowing where your friends are, and sharing KOS. The downside is some decisions are out of your hand, and you may have to listen to the clan leader. Example is you want to fight back but cant because your leader says no.

Cherno will normally have a specific group in it, you should find out IC which one, but north is more popular (Stary Sobor and NW Airfield). Hope this helps!

As for joining a group, its up to you. When I first joined I played solo to get a hang of things. Once I got the rhythm I started to join groups. The benefits are knowing where your friends are, and sharing KOS. The downside is some decisions are out of your hand, and you may have to listen to the clan leader. Example is you want to fight back but cant because your leader says no.

Another place is pobeda dam which is often very popular, other than that the main cities and hotspots like cherno, electro, and the air fields are often populated. I felt the same when I first joined but give it some time and you will learn from playing the best places to find people.

Another place is pobeda dam which is often very popular, other than that the main cities and hotspots like cherno, electro, and the air fields are often populated. I felt the same when I first joined but give it some time and you will learn from playing the best places to find people.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Pobeda Dam

North West Airfield

Stary Sobor

3 most popular places to find people IMO.

As for group, I would stick with civ until you figure out places and how to get from point A to point B and so forth. A lot better than having a clan leader scream at you b/c you can't get from Stary to Dichina.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Pobeda Dam

North West Airfield

Stary Sobor

3 most popular places to find people IMO.

As for group, I would stick with civ until you figure out places and how to get from point A to point B and so forth. A lot better than having a clan leader scream at you b/c you can't get from Stary to Dichina.

Husky    0

Joining a group is a great way to not only meet new people but also get some new friends, it boosted my activity .

Husky    0

Joining a group is a great way to not only meet new people but also get some new friends, it boosted my activity .

Mellstrom    21

I would not recommend you to join a group this early on in to the game. Get to know people/groups a bit more and explore around the map, develop your character and so on. As for benefits there is only positives, you get to know more people, are protected from bandits a bit more and you develop your roleplay a lot more. You also gain KOS rights if someone attacks your clan mates, something that isn't possible as a civie.

Sticking to cherno/elektro will give you some interesting RP from some people/clans but it is rather limited, if you explore around the map, stick to roads and other hotspots such as settlements, pcbs, TP, and other major cities like stary and Vybor as well as the airfields and you will find loads of people. Each with a different story and opinion.

Don't read up too much about clans here on the forums, its way better to meet them ingame and learn more about them that way.

Mellstrom    21

I would not recommend you to join a group this early on in to the game. Get to know people/groups a bit more and explore around the map, develop your character and so on. As for benefits there is only positives, you get to know more people, are protected from bandits a bit more and you develop your roleplay a lot more. You also gain KOS rights if someone attacks your clan mates, something that isn't possible as a civie.

Sticking to cherno/elektro will give you some interesting RP from some people/clans but it is rather limited, if you explore around the map, stick to roads and other hotspots such as settlements, pcbs, TP, and other major cities like stary and Vybor as well as the airfields and you will find loads of people. Each with a different story and opinion.

Don't read up too much about clans here on the forums, its way better to meet them ingame and learn more about them that way.

Red    241

All in all, it takes a little time at first. I can imagine it being tough to run into people when you first start off because you don't really know where you can find other players. I would also recommend airfields for interaction. If there is something i learned though is that you run into people in the most unlikely places. I personally joined a group roughly a month after playing on my own. I did this purposely to get a feel for the game first.

If you need any additional help, let us know!

Red    241

All in all, it takes a little time at first. I can imagine it being tough to run into people when you first start off because you don't really know where you can find other players. I would also recommend airfields for interaction. If there is something i learned though is that you run into people in the most unlikely places. I personally joined a group roughly a month after playing on my own. I did this purposely to get a feel for the game first.

If you need any additional help, let us know!

Joining a group gives you the benefit of meeting alot of people in DayZRP. Whether in your group or not.

Also it depends what your timezone is. I am Aussie and unless I am up late at night or up early in the morning the servers can be quiet. I have managed to find a chunk of Aussies to hang with and it has changed my experience for the better.

Joining a group gives you the benefit of meeting alot of people in DayZRP. Whether in your group or not.

Also it depends what your timezone is. I am Aussie and unless I am up late at night or up early in the morning the servers can be quiet. I have managed to find a chunk of Aussies to hang with and it has changed my experience for the better.

Mira    0

Cherno will normally have a specific group in it

Wonder which group that is :troll:

Mira    0

Cherno will normally have a specific group in it

Wonder which group that is :troll:

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

When I first started, I joined a clan with experienced people, who told me how everything worked and etc. I suggest joining a small NEUTRAL clan, so you can get all of the aspects of DayZRP.

Go to the following places:

Weekends - Pulkovo, there is a settlement there called Trade Post. A lot of people hang out there

Week Days - Pobeda Dam, far up north - Free Medic camp, always fun there

Stary Sobor - Lots of big clans hang out there

South-East Coast Line - Mainly bandit groups. Stay careful when walking around there. You never know who might be looking at you.

NWAF - Patrolled, won't tell by who, but be careful there.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

When I first started, I joined a clan with experienced people, who told me how everything worked and etc. I suggest joining a small NEUTRAL clan, so you can get all of the aspects of DayZRP.

Go to the following places:

Weekends - Pulkovo, there is a settlement there called Trade Post. A lot of people hang out there

Week Days - Pobeda Dam, far up north - Free Medic camp, always fun there

Stary Sobor - Lots of big clans hang out there

South-East Coast Line - Mainly bandit groups. Stay careful when walking around there. You never know who might be looking at you.

NWAF - Patrolled, won't tell by who, but be careful there.

RoryJam    0

As you can see from the above answers, there are an abundance of locations to role play across the map. The Coastline is not the most favored place to role play on the server and you would find much more people in the midlands and northern regions of the map. However, there are some groups and people who keep to the coast, Chernogorsk is a popular coastal role playing center.

Regarding your question of joining a group, If you really want to, you can join a group, however many of the players in this community 'went solo' for a while before. This is to get a sense of the map and to get used to role playing on our servers. It's what I did too.

The benefits of joining a group are making friends with new people. I have made many friends from playing in a clan, its a great way of meeting people here. Another advantage is the sharing of KoS rights, meaning once a hostile act has been performed on a member of a group, the rest of their members also gain KoS rights.

Have the above answers from myself and others sufficiently answered your questions?

RoryJam    0

As you can see from the above answers, there are an abundance of locations to role play across the map. The Coastline is not the most favored place to role play on the server and you would find much more people in the midlands and northern regions of the map. However, there are some groups and people who keep to the coast, Chernogorsk is a popular coastal role playing center.

Regarding your question of joining a group, If you really want to, you can join a group, however many of the players in this community 'went solo' for a while before. This is to get a sense of the map and to get used to role playing on our servers. It's what I did too.

The benefits of joining a group are making friends with new people. I have made many friends from playing in a clan, its a great way of meeting people here. Another advantage is the sharing of KoS rights, meaning once a hostile act has been performed on a member of a group, the rest of their members also gain KoS rights.

Have the above answers from myself and others sufficiently answered your questions?

glowreef    0

I had a similar experience when I first joined and solved it by walking instead of running.

It sounds odd, but just slowing down and walking from A to B along the main roads resulted in constant encounters with other players. I was so used to normal non-RP DayZ servers where being seen or moving slow meant you died... that I was hiding in the woods and hauling ass constantly.

Yes, it means you're going to run into a few bandits and get robbed. Your gear will be taken and you may be abused a bit. You'll get new gear and have a fun story to tell. You'll also make friends and learn how it all works.

Wandering to the camps would also help, but it's a lot more fun to find those in game. My first visit to Pobeda was triggered by a bandit robbery. After looking at my gear, they laughed at me and drove me to Pobeda.

glowreef    0

I had a similar experience when I first joined and solved it by walking instead of running.

It sounds odd, but just slowing down and walking from A to B along the main roads resulted in constant encounters with other players. I was so used to normal non-RP DayZ servers where being seen or moving slow meant you died... that I was hiding in the woods and hauling ass constantly.

Yes, it means you're going to run into a few bandits and get robbed. Your gear will be taken and you may be abused a bit. You'll get new gear and have a fun story to tell. You'll also make friends and learn how it all works.

Wandering to the camps would also help, but it's a lot more fun to find those in game. My first visit to Pobeda was triggered by a bandit robbery. After looking at my gear, they laughed at me and drove me to Pobeda.