Server time: 2017-10-19, 07:17
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Clammy

Create matches

Clammy    0

*I'm not sure if this is already in game, just heard that a lot of people find empty match boxes*

Is it possible to implement a "Create full box of matches" option?

Like you would need Wood and a 5L jerry can to fill your box of matches or something?

Clammy    0

*I'm not sure if this is already in game, just heard that a lot of people find empty match boxes*

Is it possible to implement a "Create full box of matches" option?

Like you would need Wood and a 5L jerry can to fill your box of matches or something?

Guest Chewyy   
Guest Chewyy

This would be amazing, matches are a pain to find in the first place

Guest Chewyy   
Guest Chewyy

This would be amazing, matches are a pain to find in the first place

Igi    4

Cool idea but I can't really see it making much sense.

You can't just cover a stick in oil and scrape it against something to light it :P

Personally, I'd like to see craftable flint and steel. Use the pickaxe to grab some stone or flint and then have some scrap metal. Combine. ??? Profit.

On the note of matches though... I've personally never ran out of matches thus far. It seems to reset how many matches I have for some reason. Not only that, but running through a town I find at least a box or two of matches every time.

Igi    4

Cool idea but I can't really see it making much sense.

You can't just cover a stick in oil and scrape it against something to light it :P

Personally, I'd like to see craftable flint and steel. Use the pickaxe to grab some stone or flint and then have some scrap metal. Combine. ??? Profit.

On the note of matches though... I've personally never ran out of matches thus far. It seems to reset how many matches I have for some reason. Not only that, but running through a town I find at least a box or two of matches every time.

Pyrah    1

Plus when you try to pick up several boxes the inventory system doesn't like it. I could not pick up two full boxes but I could have one split box and one full box, random...

Pyrah    1

Plus when you try to pick up several boxes the inventory system doesn't like it. I could not pick up two full boxes but I could have one split box and one full box, random...

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Clammy you on a role boy

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Clammy you on a role boy

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

You can pick up as many as you want, as long as they don't contain the same amount.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

You can pick up as many as you want, as long as they don't contain the same amount.

Pyrah    1

Yea so I can't carry two full packs which is annoying!!

Pyrah    1

Igi    4

There's always your backpack.

Granted, it is silly that the base game prevents you from having multiples of the same object on your belt.

Perhaps the devs could pinpoint the code that controls that and alter it... I couldn't say from experience how plausible that is though. It's been far too long since I've looked at the DayZ Code.

Oldman    22

question is: how are you lightng your matches that are covered in fuel? Isn't putting fuel over the woodpile the same thing. Only you still need matches.