Server time: 2017-08-20, 11:51

Sign in to follow this  
Moxy

Poll 1 of 2: Which Map Additions Should We Keep? (multiple choice)

Choose Which Map Additions We Should Keep  

1026 members have voted

1. 1. Choose Which Map Additions We Should Keep

• [SSC] Washed up
    • [SSC] Krutoy Cap Camp
    • [SSC] Small Bear Cave
    • [SSC] Lost Hope Barn
    • [SSC] The Lonely Lodge
    • [PCB]The Mental Institution - Khasavyurt
    • [PCB] Solnichy Quarry
    • [PCB] Kabanino Radio Station
    • [PCB] Wooden Bridge
    • [PCB] The Town of Dodge
    • [PCB] Dichina Player Camp
    • [MR] The town of Tikhaya
    • [PCB] Staroye
    • [PCB] Guba Camp
    • [PCB] Kōtei Shima - Emperors Island
    • [MR] Elektrozavodsk Containment Center
    • [MR] Solnichniy gas station
    • [Official DayZ] Abandoned Refugee Camp
    • [Official DayZ] Lumber Camp
    • [Official DayZ] Kamyshovo Roadblock

Moxy    19

LINK TO POLL 2/2

This is Poll 1 of 2. The results will not determine the fate of the map additions solely, but will greatly influence the decision of which are selected to remain on the server and to help decide what future ones are accepted.

Thank you all for voting!

As most of you have seen by now, all map additions have been removed for sake of increasing server performance. There is, unfortunately, a direct correlation between how much we add to the server and the FPS dropping. Therefore to try and increase the FPS as much as possible we will be trying to keep only the best of the additions we have to the server.

Voting On:

Voting On In Other Thread 2/2

Big Thanks To Pat's Thread on Camp and Settlement Locations!

- Link To Thread

Mellstrom    21

Osprey event ruins is not on at the moment.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

I will be finishing off "the cave" next week when I have 2 weeks off work to work on projects

Moxy    19

I will be finishing off "the cave" next week when I have 2 weeks off work to work on projects

Awesome, was it previously IG?

Edit: Confirmed not. Just update the thread when it's done.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Nah no one has files other then me, but of tam has the old house files feel free to use them

Fozzy    2

If you're taking about John The Bears one then yeah it was, I was at it

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Mizzie, explanation?

John the bears pcb's were used once he was removed from dayzrp, the mansion and there is a small cave somewhere on the map he built.

Sin    114

Prud Lake. Please. It just feels right, and there's so much history. The server just seems broken without it.

Kabanino Radio Station. Again, lots of history, and it's wonderful trying to cross that open field and not knowing if anyone is spying on you from inside the building.

The roof colonies were well done and I've seen some really top notch RP around them. Would be a shame to see them go.

Pobeda Homestead. Again, can't imagine the server without it.

New Balota is really nice too. I realize that it's a lot of stuff for just one location, but it provides an excellent arena for epic firefights, and if you spawn on the coast, it's a great place to visit first. And it's spread out enough that there could be three different sets of survivors there and they might never run into each other.

[Edit] Oops, thought we were supposed to respond with our votes. Ignore me.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Trading Post is gone.. let's keep it that way shall we?

Moxy    19

Prud Lake. Please. It just feels right, and there's so much history. The server just seems broken without it.

Kabanino Radio Station. Again, lots of history, and it's wonderful trying to cross that open field and not knowing if anyone is spying on you from inside the building.

The roof colonies were well done and I've seen some really top notch RP around them. Would be a shame to see them go.

Pobeda Homestead. Again, can't imagine the server without it.

New Balota is really nice too. I realize that it's a lot of stuff for just one location, but it provides an excellent arena for epic firefights, and if you spawn on the coast, it's a great place to visit first. And it's spread out enough that there could be three different sets of survivors there and they might never run into each other.

[Edit] Oops, thought we were supposed to respond with our votes. Ignore me.

No this is good to voice opinions and hear others perspectives before the poll goes up so people can better informed votes.

I agree with your choices as well

Updated with Official Dayz map updates as well

Are you guys able to remove the official builds or? Im guessing not.

Moxy    19

Yes we are able to for the latest ones.

So I'm torn between doing 2 threads because there's over 20 options, or just taking out the ones we know will vote high. Thoughts?

Hopefully Cherno apartments stay, it's such a big part of the RP for SC & B-17 :(

Moxy    19

Poll is up, Vote!

Edit: Due to limitations of only 20 poll options I had to narrow it down to those we thought would have a greater degree of debate. Later on we will have another poll with some of the other options in the [Keeping] section.

Mellstrom    21

Yes we are able to for the latest ones.

So I'm torn between doing 2 threads because there's over 20 options, or just taking out the ones we know will vote high. Thoughts?

Doing two threads would be the safe route since maybe people will vote for a special camp thats not on this list, we don't know.

Moxy    19

Doing two threads would be the safe route since maybe people will vote for a special camp thats not on this list, we don't know.

We can do another one later with options not in this one, this will help us narrow down the list quicker though and allow us to get some map choices back on the map.

Zod    3

Trading Post is gone.. let's keep it that way shall we?

tumblr_lyvq47DWd81rn95k2o1_500.gif

I do hope you will put it in the next poll, It would be silly to remove all these additions and not consider the most controversial one.

Moxy    19

I did shrink the file considerably by removing A LOT of unnecessary detail that was taking up extra space :)

Sign in to follow this