Server time: 2017-08-20, 11:51

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Katherine

need opinions on these PC specs

So i've got a PC build for gaming/recording/Streaming.

Tell me what you guys think of this build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Getparanoid/saved/sZFmP6

Are you actually serious about this build? If so then you could lose the three GPU's replace them with one GTX 980, then replace the CPU with an i7 4790k and then you could get a FAR cheaper motherboard, better hard drive arrangements for the price and a smaller PSU.

This is still a little overkill but you're getting twice the HD space and two monitors http://pcpartpicker.com/p/b3qXMp

That's still for $1500 cheaper. That money could then go towards a webcam, high quality audio setup and other things.

One of your biggest concerns for streaming to me would be your internet connection and making sure that you have a good upload speed.

Red    143

Wow... if you have the money to spend, then by all means do it. It's a beast of a computer.

But you can save yourself A LOT of money by trimming down all the unnecessary things.

So i've got a PC build for gaming/recording/Streaming.

Tell me what you guys think of this build.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Getparanoid/saved/sZFmP6

Are you actually serious about this build? If so then you could lose the three GPU's replace them with one GTX 980, then replace the CPU with an i7 4790k and then you could get a FAR cheaper motherboard, better hard drive arrangements for the price and a smaller PSU.

This is still a little overkill but you're getting twice the HD space and two monitors http://pcpartpicker.com/p/b3qXMp

That's still for $1500 cheaper. That money could then go towards a webcam, high quality audio setup and other things.

One of your biggest concerns for streaming to me would be your internet connection and making sure that you have a good upload speed.

Exactly what Biglittle said.

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

Ummmmm you're joking right? Looks a little, just a little like overkill ;)

EDIT: I'm guessing this is a joke, if not then I'll be glad to help.

I'm looking to have a triple SLI with these cards.

I will have shit tons of money so its not an issue, But it will be for gaming and photoshop/recording/editing HD.

Also, What motherboard would you recommend? Send me a link of it. If it is just as good but can save my money. Then by all means.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

I will have shit tons of money so its not an issue, But it will be for gaming and photoshop/recording/editing HD.

Also, What motherboard would you recommend? Send me a link of it. If it is just as good but can save my money. Then by all means.

You will have? You won the lottery or something?

SLI is more trouble than it's worth from what I've heard from others. I would invest the money elsewhere personally. Better hard drives, another monitor etc.

I can record, stream, edit and photoshop using a single GTX 660ti. I'm even editing in 4k without an issue with my setup and it's a quarter of the cost of the system you're looking at.

The one you've quoted is well beyond the point of diminishing returns. Your editing, gaming nor photoshop is going to use those three cards simultaneously. The 980 I linked is a new architecture, lower power consumption (meaning cooler for your system) and can handle 4k gaming as well as three monitor gaming.

TL;DR - You have too much money and you're seriously wasting it on that system.

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

You will have? You won the lottery or something?

Yup.

SLI is more trouble than it's worth from what I've heard from others. I would invest the money elsewhere personally. Better hard drives, another monitor etc.

I can record, stream, edit and photoshop using a single GTX 660ti. I'm even editing in 4k without an issue with my setup and it's a quarter of the cost of the system you're looking at.

The one you've quoted is well beyond the point of diminishing returns. Your editing, gaming nor photoshop is going to use those three cards simultaneously. The 980 I linked is a new architecture, lower power consumption (meaning cooler for your system) and can handle 4k gaming as well as three monitor gaming.

TL;DR - You have too much money and you're seriously wasting it on that system.

I like all of it besides, Windows 8 and the tower. I like to personally have a full tower. Other than that i'll invest into it. As i could also if i wanted go for SLI later. I don't really need the monitors though as i have my own at home :D

Karichii    10

Wait and get a GTX 980 im not sure when they come out, but the 780's and 780ti's are now discontinued, plus you can record in 4K on shadowplay with a 980

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

Thanks for the Insight BigShorts. You helped me save time and some money. I 'm sure with your build A bit tweaked. I could get just as good as the previous xD

Thanks for the Insight BigShorts. You helped me save time and some money. I 'm sure with your build A bit tweaked. I could get just as good as the previous xD

I would just hate to see you or anyone spend that much money on a computer :P Having a single GPU to start is good and then build up from there. The 980 is brand new and as Karichii mentioned it records 4k with Shadowplay. Two 980's would be beastly but personally I always prefer a single GPU setup.

Good luck!

Guest Katherine   
Guest Katherine

I would just hate to see you or anyone spend that much money on a computer :P Having a single GPU to start is good and then build up from there. The 980 is brand new and as Karichii mentioned it records 4k with Shadowplay. Two 980's would be beastly but personally I always prefer a single GPU setup.

Good luck!

Gr8 help m8 i r8 8/8

But yeah, Thanks i'll pm some of the tweaks i made and we are good to go. :)