Server time: 2017-08-23, 23:28

Sign in to follow this  
Guest tehmastercheif

Kos rights

Question

Guest tehmastercheif   
Guest tehmastercheif

So when I started playing dayzrp I was scared by a group of players. If I were to stumble by these people and Rob then would that be a good in game reason to execute them?(they did not kill me the first time)

30 answers to this question

Phatal    46

No, execution rights are often used for Long-Term grudges, such as between clans that have been constantly fighting eachother for a month, and also. You shouldn't execute someone, its pointless, you force them to forget any rp you had with them, then you see them walking around a few days later.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

What did they do to you?

Mellstrom    21

I would say no, unless you got a better reason and a couple of friend to avoid breaking NVFL.

Just because you're scared doesn't give you permission to initiate, let alone execute them. If you for example have had grudges with them in the the past then sure, go for it. (but no execution) But NEVER initiate on players who outnumber you 3 to 1.

FireMatt    1

No. Executions can only be done when people have had long lasting hostilities / previous grievances with each other.

One or two robberies / firefights does not warrant grounds for an execution and executions should really be a last resort between clans and civilians. It's hard to remember all the (hopefully) awesome RP you had from a hostage situation or robbery if you get executed / execute someone.

Daryl Dixon    0

I don't think you can execute someone because you are "scared" of them. I believe you can execute other members if you had previous hostilities, or if you have a valid RP reason. For example if a group killed one of your friends in a fire fight and you capture a member of that group, you may execute them. Usually between long term group hostilities.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

But NEVER initiate on players who outnumber you 3 to 1.

Why not?

Mellstrom    21

Why not?

Unless you got a significate advantage you are basically breaking the NVFL rule.

Such advantages are very rare and even if you decide to take them out you may still get reported for breaking the NVFL rule.

Rifleman    14

No, execution rights are reserved for long term grudges and conflicts that have been going on for weeks if not months between people and groups.

RP should always be put first instead of executing someone as it's a shame if you get given some awesome RP and then wind up executed afterwards.

Like my fellow staff have said above, it should always be considered a last resort in long lasting conflicts.

Guest tehmastercheif   
Guest tehmastercheif

What did they do to you?

They got my knife and cut their group name into my back

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Why not?

Unless you got a significate advantage you are basically breaking the NVFL rule.

Where does it say that in the rules? Don 't think you know what NVFL is about, bro.

Guest tehmastercheif   
Guest tehmastercheif

If they didn't ask your permission to do that, it's power gaming. You can't force scarring or permanent injury on someone.

They did ask for my permission and I said yes

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

If they didn't ask your permission to do that, it's power gaming. You can't force scarring or permanent injury on someone.

They did ask for my permission and I said yes

In that case... They engraved something into you as torture, you should be allowed to engrave a bullet into their face too IMO.

Mellstrom    21

Why not?

Where does it say that in the rules? Don 't think you know what NVFL is about, bro.

Whazmeister imagine a scenario: you are all alone and decide to initate on 3 others, if you got an advantage then you could. But lets say that you don't have an advantage and you still initiate and you know that you are going to die then you break the rule. 3-1 is pretty bad ods to begin with, 2-1 is more reasonable. I wouldn't imagine in a real life scenario to attack 3 people when i'm on my own unless i got an advantage.

Guest Whazmeister   
Guest Whazmeister

Whazmeister imagine a scenario: you are all alone and decide to initate on 3 others, if you got an advantage then you could. But lets say that you don't have an advantage and you still initiate and you know that you are going to die then you break the rule. 3-1 is pretty bad ods to begin with, 2-1 is more reasonable. I wouldn't imagine in a real life scenario to attack 3 people when i'm on my own unless i got an advantage.

The rules are not that black and white mate. NVLF is a completely situational rule. Just because you die doesn't mean its no value for life. I have done plenty of robberies where I or we are outnumbered at least 1 to 4 and survived.

It's not that black and white.

Like Mellstrom said, the key question is "Can you do it?".

If you are going to die without a shadow of a doubt then it can border on NVFL. If you can get the drop on them or if you have the advantage and genuinely believe you can pull it off then yes, you could potentially do it.

That's one of those scenarios where if they accuse you for not valuing your life you would need to justify why. Most people would look into the possibility of it and if you did have a chance to do it, then you should be okay. NVFL is one of those things that really should only be punishable for an act where you purposefully kill yourself, whilst having no reasonable RP reason to do so and not valuing it. E.g. trying to get yourself killed to avoid role play.

For the engraving part. Yes you could execute them based on that if you ever encountered them. Why not approach others to help you find them? I hear there are Mercs that can hunt them down for you ;)

Heroz_Nick    21

Absolutely not, when you make a decision in this game, you make it just as you would in RL, How you would perceive the situation you are in..this is not Rambo time, when you think you can take on 3+ people just because your behind a tree, Always think before acting, and double check before that even.

Good luck :)

As always SumoS beat me too it^ ;)

Vesper    0

I actually agree somewhat with what Whaz says. Rules sometimes aren't so black and white and I believe that you should react solely on how you believe your character would. If he is comfortable taking on multiple enemies and has a realistic tactical advantage, then I don't see why not. The problem with that is it opens up a slippery slope of Rambos that run in, guns blazing without knowing which way is up.

I believe Sumos is right about the engraving as well. If someone had mutilated me, you'd be damn sure I'd be out for blood. Which, in RP sense it would make sense. It's a very personal and permanent action taken against that character.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

It all depends on how many times they have attacked you and what they have done. I suggest getting yourself into a clan, so it would be easier at such like moments.

Vesper    0

It all depends on how many times they have attacked you and what they have done. I suggest getting yourself into a clan, so it would be easier at such like moments.

Yes, and no. Being in a clan definitely has its perks such as passing of KoS rights, but some people just prefer to play as a civilian. Sumos had a pretty good idea of hiring some mercenaries to get the job done or to at least temporarily group up with a clan for the encounter.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Yes, and no. Being in a clan definitely has its perks such as passing of KoS rights, but some people just prefer to play as a civilian. Sumos had a pretty good idea of hiring some mercenaries to get the job done or to at least temporarily group up with a clan for the encounter.

What happened with me was this:

A clan has allowed us to join it under the name of "Chernarussian Detachment" so we RPed civilians of Chernarus, but the clan itself was american. He could do that as well, like a "Civilian Detachment" to gain KOS rights and etc. It would be easier for him.

I once took down 6 people and I only had a Lee Enfield? Does that mean I am NVL?

Mellstrom    21

I once took down 6 people and I only had a Lee Enfield?

The difference though is that you knew that you wouldn't 100% die.

If you knew that you would die 100% then you obviously wouldn't value your life.

Vesper    0

What happened with me was this:

A clan has allowed us to join it under the name of "Chernarussian Detachment" so we RPed civilians of Chernarus, but the clan itself was american. He could do that as well, like a "Civilian Detachment" to gain KOS rights and etc. It would be easier for him.

Right, but with those tags comes the diplomacy of the group and there may be a lot of people that are hostile with said group. Some people would just prefer to stay out of all of that and I can respect that. Sometimes I think it'd be a lot less stressful not having to worry about what group I'm interacting with because of my possible diplomacy with them. Not that I don't enjoy that kind of tension, but I could understand why someone might not want to deal with it.

Edit: I'm gonna have to agree with Staggs that we are drifting a bit off topic here.

Stagsview    589

The general Feel for this discussion is that: Should I execute this person?

I think we are treading on the wrong way for this dicusssion on move along the lines of: Why would I think about killing him?

Sure, he robbed you and IC you will want to kill him for harming you and taking your stuff. But this is a Roleplay server and as I have always said and will continue saying. You are here to entertain others, not yourself. So if you do Get the change to capture one of them and Get him. Provide him the entertainment needed for that situation. A execution will end up with a NLR and the entire event will be forgotten. How boring is that? Let him live. Let the hatred continue and provide each over with brilliant RP situation.

Also, in a rule wise perspective, It is not even near legit reasons to execute in my eyes, It would be been maybe a year ago, but the community and staff are moving forward to a more Hardcore RP to provide entertainment for the masses.

So, in a short story: Why kill him ending the great story line you both can share?

/marking as solved but open for discussion