Server time: 2017-10-21, 15:55
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Laurence Taylor

KingKong's Avatars and Signatures

Laurence Taylor    3

KingKong's Design Work

Hello there people of the DayZRP community, i come baring gifts!

I've decided that I'd like to get into my old hobby of graphics design,

i thought "what better way to get back into it than practice by designing pieces

for members of the forums!?"

Examples of my work ( not the best ):

w2Lgtz9.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v9IlvKz.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OiaR2IP.png

jdQKTer.png

nQGnpU4.png

ZxKBAn9.png

TYRLznJ.png

Leave your requests in the reply section below

Remember to be patient, these things take time but i'll try get them done as quick as possible and to the best of my ability!

Please use the template provided:

[color=#32CD32][align=left]Signature or Avatar:

Colour scheme:

Clan Emblem/No Clan Emblem:

Additional Specifications:

Pictures(links):[/color]

I realize these aren't anywhere near up to the standards of some of the other designers in this community but I'm sure it would benefit everyone, i get practice - you get a free signature and/or Avatar

Husky    0

I would love a signature much like the SOBR one you did but with SVR logo but same text and color :D

Laurence Taylor    3

I would love a signature much like the SOBR one you did but with SVR logo but same text and color :D

anything for you :3

So same text ( different name obviously) change the background and logo :) ?

Sparky    0

In my second year of graphic design myself,I like your stuff but try use a filter on your text it makes it more outstanding and texturised (if that's a word) keep arting amigo

Husky    0

anything for you :3

So same text ( different name obviously) change the background and logo :) ?

Sounds good yeah :)

Laurence Taylor    3

In my second year of graphic design myself,I like your stuff but try use a filter on your text it makes it more outstanding and texturised (if that's a word) keep arting amigo

Could you suggest/give and example of filters i could use on my texts?

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Would love an SVR one kinda similar to Husky's but not exactly the same saying "Gvido Nazarov"

Laurence Taylor    3

Would love an SVR one kinda similar to Husky's but not exactly the same saying "Gvido Nazarov"

Ahhh, no problem will try and do it before i retire to my sleeping chambers for the night.

Just to chime in here ( hope you don't mind me barging in :P ), I think he's talking about layer styles, which are basically presets that you install and then apply to layers to give them a preset pattern overlay , drop shadow, emboss, whatever. They're extremely helpful, and you can generally find what you want by googling 'blablabla layer style', replacing the babble with the style you're looking for, e.g rusty, metal, stuff like that.

I personally don't use them because I much prefer fine tuning everything, however since you're getting back into it I can see it saving you a lot of time. They can be very useful, however I personally feel it becomes a bit of a cheap fix after a while, very convenient but in the long run not the best way to express your creativity. What can be accomplished at the sacrifice of precision and expression by layer styles can often be excelled by proper usage of typography and color theory.

/rant :D

Laurence Taylor    3

Just to chime in here ( hope you don't mind me barging in :P ), I think he's talking about layer styles, which are basically presets that you install and then apply to layers to give them a preset pattern overlay , drop shadow, emboss, whatever. They're extremely helpful, and you can generally find what you want by googling 'blablabla layer style', replacing the babble with the style you're looking for, e.g rusty, metal, stuff like that.

I personally don't use them because I much prefer fine tuning everything, however since you're getting back into it I can see it saving you a lot of time. They can be very useful, however I personally feel it becomes a bit of a cheap fix after a while, very convenient but in the long run not the best way to express your creativity. What can be accomplished at the sacrifice of precision and expression by layer styles can often be excelled by proper usage of typography and color theory.

Oh them, yes i do tent to use them... i just don't like going overboard.

the only ones i really use are drop shadow/stroke/satin.

thanks for the enlightenment though :)!

would love to see some examples that you could show me for some inspiration maybe?

Hope it's not too shit ^_^

LP1uezh.png

would love to see some examples that you could show me for some inspiration maybe?

-snip-

Here's some links to what I'm talking about, you might find them useful :

Typography

Kuler

Laurence Taylor    3

-snip-

Here's some links to what I'm talking about, you might find them useful :

Typography

Kuler

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

LP1uezh.png

amazing, thanks a lot man!

Laurence Taylor    3
amazing, thanks a lot man!

no problem

Laurence Taylor    3

In college at the moment, anyone who has Pm'd me i will try get them done tonight.

Still taking requests

Snoop    0

Your art work looks good dude :D. If I didn't have the most epic signature about, I would request one from here.

Laurence Taylor    3

Your art work looks good dude :D. If I didn't have the most epic signature about, I would request one from here.

N'awww thanks :3 it is pretty epic :D!

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

WHERE IS THE ONE YOU PROMISED ME?

Laurence Taylor    3

WHERE IS THE ONE YOU PROMISED ME?

I said... IM AT COLLEGE!

Laurence Taylor    3

//Also moving to Off topic

Yeah. you better :troll:

Laurence Taylor    3

Updated

Jm Von Cat    154

[align=left]Signature or Avatar: Signature

Colour scheme: Darkish, up to your discretion.

Clan Emblem/No Clan Emblem: See sun wheel/swastika image

Additional Specifications: My characters name: Lt Alexander Bardov and the words Not all scars can be seen

The rest is really up to you, be creative and lets see where it takes ya

Pictures(links):

http://i.imgur.com/HhyZ94T.gif Sun wheel/swastika

http://i.imgur.com/Q5iSstt.jpg Half image

http://i.imgur.com/SvmebwO.jpg full image

Smith    1

Signature or Avatar: Signature

Colour scheme: Green/White/Orange

Clan Emblem/No Clan Emblem: Sure, here is the clan page

Additional Specifications: My character is a disgraced priest who was big on the rave scene & ecstasy - so I dunno really haha, go wild

Pictures(links): No idea, I give you creative freedom