Server time: 2017-08-23, 15:53

Sign in to follow this  
Heroz_Nick

Scottish Independence or Union ?

Heroz_Nick    21

The Day has finally arrived.

Considering the seriousness of the situation and the seriousness of the result and impact it could have, not just for one country but for many and possibly impact millions of lives around the UK.

Society and it's current standing with politics in today's world, what are you views on Scotland's independence?

Do you feel it's just Nationalist secret agenda to more grab power for the elitists... or is it best to Reclaim Scotland's Identity?

Let's have a mature discussion about current events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I myself don't wish to see Scotland suffer or it's people, I stand with them no matter what, so In that case if I were voting I'd say No.

They have drawn attention to the shortcomings of politics in Scotland and now they have enough media attention to achieve change through hard-work. History could change for the worst or for the better. Huge risks are involved with Independence, it's not an easy thing to accomplish and the fallout could be astronomical. Your Identity is the country you choose to be apart of, not the political party ruling that territory. A sovereign right of any human being is to choose who is too take charge & lead. Just my POV, Let's hear from our Scottish Brothers. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No opinion is incorrect, respect others and hear their POV.

Share your views before the Result is broadcasted and Highlight your Vote with a Yes or No and explain why.

Fuck loyalists,we broke out so will you guys!

I honestly would like to hear the PoV of someone who lives in Scotland. It seems everyone else has an idea of what they should do, but I honestly haven't heard the reasoning behind them wanting independence all of a sudden.

Also, although they would be independent, you would hope the UK wouldn't just outcast them. I would imaging they would be great allies regardless.

I want to know what their infrastructure is like, as in what they have going for them that they could use to their advantage when it comes to running their own country without being aided by the UK. Then I could actually have an accurate opinion on this without sounding like an ignorant asshole lol.

All I know is that they have oil, and lots of it.

Heroz_Nick    21

I honestly would like to hear the PoV of someone who lives in Scotland. It seems everyone else has an idea of what they should do, but I honestly haven't heard the reasoning behind them wanting independence all of a sudden.

Also, although they would be independent, you would hope the UK wouldn't just outcast them. I would imaging they would be great allies regardless.

Could possibly be about Brotherhood and national identity? Brits,Scots,Irish,Welsh fought side by side for decades now all of sudden the talk of independence...they shed blood with each other, fought side by side, buried together.. The union of the UK is something never attempted before in history, to see it change after all this time is shocking to say the least. Some might see it as Treachery :S ...National Identity: Trying to take back power from those who confess to serve the people but only have their own agendas, I'm sure we all know politics is fickle and it's just mainly talk 24/7, but when people have their choices taken away from them... it turns to anger and anger is directed at the people who are the cause of the suffering.

Gorden Browns Speech had a few good points about the Vote, worth a look.

[video=youtube]

Vaine    23

Its early hours and im currently tuned in with the votes popping up.

Westminister has shafted us for years, Alot of us have had enough. Short and sweet for now , can perhaps share more tomorrow when im more awake and the decision is made

Edit: Official Scot

Polaroid    2

Wow!

The current verdict in 7/32 declarations is...

50.91% NO | YES 49.09%

#BananaSplit

Polaroid    2

it is up and down up and down

I can't take my tiring eyes off the news haha! How can I sleep knowing that I could be waking up to a 'Scotlandless' United Kingdom.

Halfway through the Scottish referendum with 16/32 declarations...

56% NO | YES 44%

Polaroid    2

9 more declarations to go...

54% NO | YES 46%

Looks like Scotland is gonna remain as part of the UK! :D

wCDysrQ.jpg

ah well ..stuck with the bastards .. brilliant......

Haha! Oh come on, we're not all bad. :D

Snow    1

I'm not from the UK, so I don't have an in-depth opinion on the matter, but I do think that putting something this important to a 51% referendum is a terrible idea. Usually with decisions this big you need 66% or 75% 'Yes' for it to pass.

Owen    13

The vote I think was very well done as the turnout was around 86% making it one of the highest turnouts democratically in history. The votes cadted will still have an impact as powers are being given via devolution making Scotland somewhat independent than it was. I think even if it was yes, I'd still be happy with them.

Heroz_Nick    21

You blew it Scotland, next time try throwing the English tea into a harbor. You'll get results.

:o Never! I'd personally swim out to sea to save it all! then sit on the harbor and drink it xD

Close call, much love to the Scots either way <3

Jewell    14

If they had it would have made my life hell because of the military bases up in Scotland would be annexed to be British Territory.

Heroz_Nick    21

If they had it would have made my life hell because of the military bases up in Scotland would be annexed to be British Territory.

Hmm :S Like in my country too [Cyprus] oh boy thats opening up a whole diff debate lol

Challenger    1

Scotland better together my ass. To the people who voted "No" Enjoy having to pay for Health Care and Education. And thank you for embarrassing Scotland we have one chance to get rid of the the United Kingdom and we blow it for what?

You Tory Lovers

Im from Scotland btw and i voted YES for a better Scotland not a shit Scotland.

Your not bad? Your privatizing Health Care and Education so people have to pay for it what good does that do for the poor and homeless?

Heroz_Nick    21

Scotland better together my ass. To the people who voted "No" Enjoy having to pay for Health Care and Education. And thank you for embarrassing Scotland we have one chance to get rid of the the United Kingdom and we blow it for what?

You Tory Lovers

Im from Scotland btw and i voted YES for a better Scotland not a shit Scotland.

Your not bad? Your privatizing Health Care and Education so people have to pay for it what good does that do for the poor and homeless?

I can respect that, good point raised. [so it's clear I'm not a fan of any political party]

I'm confident in the not so distant future Scotland will become more independent [politically without interference] and continue to grow in strength and number :)

Who doesn't love the Scots <3

Polaroid    2

That is an old cliché view on the government. Granted, there has been times where the Conservatives looked as though privatising the NHS could have been an option, instead the Royal Mail became privatised. Let's not forget, WE along with many other countries are in huge debt, so cuts had to happen somewhere. Bear in mind, Scotland would have been dealt a percentage of that debt if they became independent so already you'd be starting off on the wrong foot.

Is it really that bad being part of the UK from a Scottish perspective!? The taxpayers pay for Scottish tuition fees, they pay for the Scottish NHS and they pay for medicinal subscription fees there. All these would have been gone if the YES vote won!

It was a nice idea for Scottish nationalists and I know the people of Scotland are proud of their heritage and identity, as am I with my country, but in the current climate the right decision was made. Rationally speaking, the UK need Scotland as much as Scotland needs the UK. Besides, if the talks of devolution go through, Scotland could end up being more independent anyway.

Bulld0g    0

So happy to see Scotland voted No. Those oil reserves won't last long and you would have not joined the EU due to Spain most likely Vetoing any application. Making Scotland isolated. Being part of the UK is the most sensible option.

And due to your country having about 6 million people your healthcare, welfare and other expenses may not be covered when the oil runs out in 2040.

And Major banks such as RSB would leave Scotland and other businesses. Making the economy bleak. You would have to start up your own currency and have a share of the UK's national debt.

The current government I have not seen any privatization with the NHS. If any the Yes vote would make you pay more tax for a population which is putting a strain on your health service.

From what I see from the SNPs there only argument was that they was to be free. We are not the British Empire anymore. We gave you guys a Parliament. We gave you choices on your healthcare,education and other expenses. We are not a tyranny.

And if Scotland did vote Yes. The Conservatives would be the most major party in the UK due to labor losing 11 constituencies and Conservative losing nothing.

I would like to see a more powerful Scottish parliament so they do not have a vote in Westminster. I prefer English MP's to vote for the English people.

Reece    1

I'm Scottish and well i'm happy with the result as I personally voted no! :)

Hamakaze    12

I was fine with it until the observers called foul on the vote counting not meeting international standards

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

The first minister of Scotland has just quit his job. I do not know which side to take...

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

If I was a Scot, I would have voted yes. The reason being that an independent Scotland would be a left wing country, aswell as the Scots voices actually being heard in Government.

But being English I want them to stay, the main reason being is that if Scotland left the UK, the chance of there being a labour government ever again is slim, with Scotland being a left wing area. This would lead to privatisation of the NHS and loss of alot of public facilities.