Server time: 2017-10-17, 15:20
Safe Zone: OPENING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grumby

Staff Age Limit

Question

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

I know that I'm not allowed to be staff, that's not why I'm asking this question. I'm just curious as to why the age limit for staff is higher than the community age requirement?

39 answers to this question

Burgz    6

I think exceptions are made, it just helps for you to be 18 I assume. It's not adamant.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

Nah I've been told there's no leeway.

Burgz    6

I don't know who told you that...

Alfie, Hatch just for two examples.

Hatch    0

Yeah, I'm 16. I asked Thumper when I applied, he said it was okay. Things may of changed from then.

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

That's what I was thinking. Alyd and Astycc (rip) as well.

Because a staff member must be more mature than a regular member :)

The age=maturity thing has always been a pet peeve of mine. Anyways, fair enough.

Conor    254

Got your answer from Rolle I think:

/solving but feel free to discuss, it could be an interesting topic of discussion.

Stagsview    624

The age limit is a guideline.

But the maturity that you present within the community reflects on if you get staff or not.

Hatch himself is 16 and he is a mod. I myself am almost 20.

There is a age limit yes..but i would say a more mental age one showing you are mature enough to work along with others to improve the community.

Exceptions can always be made. I'm sure the "whitelisted for more than 3 months" and "300 posts" requirements have been broken as well at some occasions.

As to why the age limit for staff is higher than for the community; well, that's kind of logical, isn't it? It takes more to be staff than to be a regular member, and part of that is maturity, which can be linked to age. Not always though, and I bet that in those cases exceptions will be made. ;)

Age =/= maturity, but there's a correlation. You gotta draw the line somewhere.

Jm Von Cat    154

Age is a way to judge how mature a person should be and is a good place to start from, I agree.

Then again, only through talking to someone can you really get to understand how mature they actually are.

Then again, younger people change more than older people.. So if you found a mature person of, say 16 a year or two later they could have decided immature is better (if I'm making sense)

What I think I'm trying to say is, I can see both sides (if there are sides) Age is a good place to base how mature a person should be. And then the fact of some younger people are incredibly mature.

As always, Jizz is right :P

3870423-7600354178-tumbl.gif

OT:

I should also state that exceptions are made since I myself am 17. It's not impossible, just show us you have what it takes to be a role model of this community!

Guys, it isn't like age is the ONLY thing that's a factor in the recruitement process. Don't you think the admins have a good idea of how mature someone is before they promote them to CH? Posts are analysed and analysed again, and be very afraid if you've been even a tiny bit passive-aggressive ONCE, because even that will work against you.

See the age (and other) requirements as guidelines. As a message, that says "don't get your hopes up". Because in the end, that's what it means. You're simply less likely to get in staff if you don't meet the requirements.

Aberration    0

Age is a way to judge how mature a person should be and is a good place to start from, I agree.

Then again, only through talking to someone can you really get to understand how mature they actually are.

Then again, younger people change more than older people.. So if you found a mature person of, say 16 a year or two later they could have decided immature is better (if I'm making sense)

What I think I'm trying to say is, I can see both sides (if there are sides) Age is a good place to base how mature a person should be. And then the fact of some younger people are incredibly mature.

Agreed, While Age is a good basis for maturity in a guessing fashion, it is subject to change, when I was younger I took myself and everything seriously, I was mature, But now I just find laughing at life, and reveling in comedy and such I enjoy being immature and a jackass when I can, Just my view of things

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Okay...

249970d1393016646t-jail-breaking-samsung-image.png

This is a bit head relieving.

Well I myself don't have the 300 post count that's typically required to be staff (although I have over 400 actual posts, most just aren't counted because off-topic/groups) , so I'd say exceptions can always (and should) be made on an individual basis. But the general assumption is that older community members are more mature, and while that may not always be true, it's generally accepted as a truth. Like I said, it's on an individual basis.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Okay...

249970d1393016646t-jail-breaking-samsung-image.png

You got about as much chance of getting into staff as i have....

0% chance

:troll:

there's a reason i cry at night and it's because of you

i understand what you mean that you messages me on teamspeak.

Vector    0

0% chance

This ^^^ and then some,

Although I think you could be a good CH, some people misunderstand your posts on the forum from time to time and you can be a little sarcastic but I have seen many other staff members react in the same way. There could be hope for you after all

Valkerion    0

0% chance

This ^^^ and then some,

Although I think you could be a good CH, some people misunderstand your posts on the forum from time to time and you can be a little sarcastic but I have seen many other staff members react in the same way. There could be hope for you after all

Meh I help people every now and again regardless having a pretty colour isnt going to make me do it more or less.

And besides I wouldnt be able to hide in TS channels by myself anymore as people would always be asking me stuff etc. and thats a big negative for me i enjoy my alone time :P

but OT: there have been numerous staff under the age limit who cares how old or young they are if they can do the job right?

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

0% chance

This ^^^ and then some,

i thought you were referring to me when saying this, and it made me a little happy on the inside

it all died about five minutes later when i realize who it was sent to.

but OT: there have been numerous staff under the age limit who cares how old or young they are if they can do the job right?

Because the idea that age=maturity

Burgz    6

regardless having a pretty colour isnt going to make me do it more or less.

True dat son.