Server time: 2017-08-16, 17:42

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ArcticStarling

Frames drop and game freezes

Question

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

I'll be playing and the game will freeze with about 1 fps for about 10 seconds, anyone know what is happening ?

38 answers to this question

Have you updated your video card drives to the latest version?

Matt    21

I have this problem to fix it I close any background programs like skype origin so on so on.

I also recommend if you have not already deactivate shadows in game as they affect performance a lot.

Mellstrom    21

deactivate shadows, bring down the view distance and close any other non-crucial programs and you should be fine.

Your FPS drops because your computer is under a lot of load, try to easy that out.

Red    137

Razer Game Booster will turn off unnessecary programs when you start a game. You could try that, let us know how that works out :)

Razer Game Booster will turn off unnessecary programs when you start a game. You could try that, let us know how that works out :)

Good to see someone recommend Razer game booster,

While checking over the software your using it could be an idea to check your temperature for key part such as graphics card and cpu, over heating can be a contributing factor to lag spikes, it also never hurts to give your computer a good clean.

Other options you could are things such as running a disk defrag on your associated drive, this could also aid your performance issues

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

This only happens on RP,when playing other Arma2OA servers I have no spikes .

Guest Shadow   
Guest Shadow

I also get this problem, but it will go on for at least 20-30 seconds.

Owen    13

Have you tried defraging your HDD. This may help as ARMA2 oa is a very Intensive on this and may help improve the problem.

Mellstrom    21

deactivate shadows, bring down the view distance and close any other non-crucial programs and you should be fine.

Your FPS drops because your computer is under a lot of load, try to easy that out.

Ive had the same problem as you guys describe here. These solutions fixed my problems. Let us know if it fixes yours. Amir, i've never heard of this going on for more then a few seconds but i recommend that that you try these solutions as well and then we can see how it goes.

Another thing you can try is to make sure that AA Anisotropic, Shadows and post procession is off or at minimum ingame. Have the video Ram settings at default.

Josh    37

I get 90 to 120 fps right now, i have all setting low as they can go except for hdr. While this does make the game not look as pleasing it helps alot with stability. Im fairly sure once the pcb's get put back in the fps will go down again, so its good to try to get as many frames as you can.

Tamaster92    14

I get 90 to 120 fps right now, i have all setting low as they can go except for hdr. While this does make the game not look as pleasing it helps alot with stability. Im fairly sure once the pcb's get put back in the fps will go down again, so its good to try to get as many frames as you can.

Having everything set to low will actually negatively effect performance since it puts more strain on the CPU and less on the GPU. ARMA isn't CPU optimized so this causing major issues with rendering and such.

The best FPS always seems to come from a mix of medium and low

Josh    37

Having everything set to low will actually negatively effect performance since it puts more strain on the CPU and less on the GPU. ARMA isn't CPU optimized so this causing major issues with rendering and such.

The best FPS always seems to come from a mix of medium and low

O.o

Mind blown.

Artic, update us please.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Its still happening

Phatal    46

Fyi, to those planning on using Razer, Razer game booster considers your firewall at times an unnecessary program, often you will be prompted to close it or not, be on the look out for that.

If you have a laptop and use Razer it will overheat your laptop and after certain durations it will fry your laptop, just be careful with that.

To the OP: Maybe try re-installing your drivers? Or is it maybe with your game? Try re-verifying your game cache.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

It now crashes the game.

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Have you added no-Logs to your launch perimeters?

Yes

Could the problem with the skins on the other thread be related to this problem here?

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

No. Sorry.