Server time: 2017-10-22, 23:08
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Wedge Antilles

Is fishing broken?

So I've played for roughly an hour today, and I spent about 45 minutes of that trying to fish. That whole time I spent fishing I visited to separate ponds/lakes. At the first one I stayed for around 5-10 minutes. I caught a bandage on my first attempt, and nothing else for the rest of my time there. After rummaging the Stary supermarket I went on to Prud, where I fished some more. I spent the last 30 minutes or so there fishing. On my second attempt I caught a steelhead and for the rest of my time there fishing I caught absolutely nothing.

Has anyone else had any issues fishing?

Clammy    0

Fishing is supposed to be like that I think, you wouldn't expect fish to be surviving right?

Tried fishing for a while earlier and caught nothing, same was happening with the person I was fishing with too. Not too sure if it's a coincidence or not but yeah. :P

Bush    22

Have you tried the ocean/fishing from a boat? I think (no promises) that it increases your chance of actually getting any fish.

Fishing is hard and requires quite a lot of patience, just find someone to RP with meanwhiles and you will get lots of fish + good RP.

And if you don't know how to fish IC, don't worry the friendly SDS can help you figure it out.

Snoop    0

Only tried for 5 minutes :P with no fish. I hope it does take a while to catch fish though.

Owen    16

It takes time and patience while fishing. Put the effort in and your rewards will be great. Fish is one that of the best possible wsys to gain blood quickly.

Also in the new patch you have a chance to catch random stuff as well. I think someone found a rpd drum mag.

Oyface    342

I've been fishing for about 30 minutes now, and I got 9 fish so far. :P

EDIT: I just caught 8 more in 15-20 minutes. Figured I'd come here to brag. :D

EDIT 2: Caught another while typing that edit ... What a rush!

Fishing is basically a game of luck, hell you can find stuff like tires to ammo in the water now a days. (Bear in mind, if you don't boil your water, this is what you drink.) It can take a minute to catch a fish, or it can take hours. Try moving from place to place if you're having bad luck, that's what has helped me whenever Carib (which is rare) decides to go fishing.

Ano G    0

There is a higher chance to catch fish in the ocean.