Server time: 2017-10-23, 09:56
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Adaham

Hello & a question

Question

Adaham    0

Hi everybody,

I just registered and wanted to say hi. I'm currently working on my whitelist application and had a question:

I had a couple of background stories for my character in the back of my head, but would like to avoid to come up with a story that is either overused and would therefore either annoy people or take the fun out of it for myself. Also, I wouldn't want to think of my characters background story for the application only to throw it all overboard once I'm admitted.

I definitely want to play a civilian and was thinking as my first choice of a priest that came to Chernarus to 1) give people spiritual support and 2) fight the battalions of evil (though I am not planning on becoming a Priest-Rambo). Now I don't want to tell the whole story here, as this is not the application form, but I was pleased to find out there was a priest skin in the game. At the same time I found threads during my research that gave the impression that the priest was a rather popular character already and I wouldn't like to contribute to making the world look like an Excorcist training camp (and thus highly unrealistic).

Could anyone of you tell me whether you have the impression that a priest would be a welcome addition, or whether you would rather sigh "not another one of those".

I have other ideas in the back of my head and while I don't want to bother you with all of them, I would like to know whether there is a section of the forum or a specific thread (I haven't found it yet) in which "needed professions" are discussed. If not, would it maybe be interesting to have such a thread? Even though normal life comes to a halt during the apocalypse, the survivors would (especially after some time) still start fulfilling all sorts of communal services as to recreate some kind of "normality".

Thanks for your time and I hope to see you all soon in Chernarus!

13 answers to this question

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Well the Priest-Rambo is taken (by me :) ) so I would suggest the following:

Do NOT write that your plane/helicopter/boat crashed - way overused.

A priest would be nice, but it all depends on the RP you are going to give with it.

You can say that your priest came on a vacation, or a mission by the Church, to spread the word of Jesus.

Good luck with the APP :)

Adaham    0

Well the Priest-Rambo is taken (by me :) ) so I would suggest the following:

Do NOT write that your plane/helicopter/boat crashed - way overused.

A priest would be nice, but it all depends on the RP you are going to give with it.

You can say that your priest came on a vacation, or a mission by the Church, to spread the word of Jesus.

Good luck with the APP :)

First answer by "The Reverend", that already partially answers my question ;-)

And in any case I wouldn't go for the "I crashed/stranded here" option, I'm going there by choice (even though I have different motivations up my sleeve).

Thanks for the advice, though.

Sin    127

We have at least one well known priest, but I'm quite certain he's not of the same denomination as yourself. There have been others over the years, and could be several that I'm unaware of, but hey, why not? Have you seen all the churches in Chernarus? There's got to be at least a couple priests still surviving.

As far as services, there have been cooks, a bus driver, a taxi service, several mercenary organizations, hunters, medics, mechanics, several iterations of various police departments, and more. No reason someone else can't come along and put their own spin on things.

I like the cut of your jib. Looking forward to see what you have to bring to the table.

There isn't really a lot of people that RP as a preist, so i'd say go for it! The only character type you should avoid that people think "not another one of those" is your typical ¨X-US Marine blah blah military dude special forces swagyolo¨ Everytime i meet someone like that I just don't feel interested in their backstory.. But thats preference i guess :P

Welcome to the community! Good luck with your application and background there. I like the idea of a priest, I dont know if it is overused at all.

Fafnir    38

I like the idea of a priest, I dont know if it is overused at all.

There is a occasionally priest here or there and than sometimes a asian bandit priest. I think it would something people would like to see.

Anyways welcome to the community, hope to see you in-game sometime.

Prince    119

I am the greatest pastor in the land! Leading the flock through this hellhole to eternal life.

But i think a catholic priest spot is still open.

good luck bro

SatansNightOut    105

I definitely want to play a civilian and was thinking as my first choice of a priest that came to Chernarus to 1) give people spiritual support and 2) fight the battalions of evil (though I am not planning on becoming a Priest-Rambo).

I've never played a priest before but I can imagine the intriguing dynamics behind having to decide whether or not "killing zombies" is a sin, along with other hardships a man of the cloth would have to face, IE: having to defend himself to the death from bandits or evil-doers...

I can definitely see this type of character going through a very distinct and gradual change as his morals and beliefs are totally put to question in light of surviving a Hellish world---almost quite literally, in this case.

Pretty much whatever everyone else has said here sums up some truly good parameters to follow... But kudos to you for trying to figure out what cliches are most prominent. ;)

Oh, and before I forget...

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.

The Cat: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Alice: How do you know I'm mad?

The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

<3

Welcome to the Madness.

Adaham    0

Thanks everybody for the great advice. From what I can see, it's worth a shot to try it as a priest. And I'm also expecting an interesting development as my persona will be confronted with morally difficult situations.

I'm looking forward to playing with you guys, I hope I can come up with a convincing application and hope it'll be approved.

All the best,

A

Stagsview    625

/moved to question thread. Use that place if you have any questions for the community ;)

Adaham    0

/moved to question thread. Use that place if you have any questions for the community ;)

Cheers and sorry for misplacing it. Since it was also my introduction, I thought I was in the right place. :)

Stagsview    625

It's all Good, I read it and had loads of questions so I moved it there. Feel free though to make a thread in the introduction page. Also Welcome to the community! Enjoy your stay ;)