Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 07:30
Sign in to follow this  
Samaritan

Offical Elite: Dangerous Thread

Just now, Othuyeg said:

She is quite stimulating, isn't she.

Just...simply...amazing.

Update, just found out I can't go to Orion's Belt because it's blocked off by systems with Unknown Permits. Damn you Devs.

Jav7mOz.jpg

Following the release of the new Dolphin in 2.3 I took a journey out from the bubble, around 28,000 lyrs from Sol. Finally after 3 weeks of banging my head on the desk from the long journey I managed to get back to the bubble. This is one of the many screenshots I have taken of my badly damaged and beaten up Dolphin from the trip. I sold all my exploration data for around 200 mil and plan on going out again. If anyone feels interested into the exploration into the unknown be sure to contact me and maybe join me along in multi-crew to see my everlasting quest to run out of fuel. 

6UX0m7C.jpg

As a experiment to see how well my new Asp Scout will do in exploration I spent the last 30-45 minutes flying from Sol to the California Nebula. Got some great views and got the ship ready for its 10,000 lyr journey out of the bubble for next weekend. And to add to it here are some good views that I saw while I was out and about today.

a4JQZra.jpg

M5rifyd.jpg

20170528233036_1.thumb.jpg.5c9b977c517e04f60dc6ea5c24dcc497.jpg20170528234120_1.thumb.jpg.5c8dbb5d11f50d3ac45eeabcffd7d157.jpg20170528234320_1.thumb.jpg.0fc8351684f7d48198edc0ba32faf9e9.jpg20170529003715_1.thumb.jpg.f085aa06ed4ccbe17c1ee4bdfb77ff44.jpg

Got a new GPU, and got these screenies. God I can enjoy the game even more now.

Would anyone be interesting in playing and just hanging around in general, been thinking of visiting a black hole soon.

I need to fire up the Asp Explorer tonight and get in game me thinks.

5 hours ago, Samaritan said:

I need to fire up the Asp Explorer tonight and get in game me thinks.

Hit me up anytime my dude.

now that my computer issues are fixed going to have to jump back into ED

4 hours ago, Jack Bandit said:

now that my computer issues are fixed going to have to jump back into ED

Sounds like a plan, hit me up when you're ready to hang my duder.

Just necroing this bad boy. I'll be back in game in a weeks time. Just on a break at the moment. Hopefully some of us will meet up and go on an adventure. Need to say hello to the aliens :P.

4 hours ago, Samaritan said:

Just necroing this bad boy. I'll be back in game in a weeks time. Just on a break at the moment. Hopefully some of us will meet up and go on an adventure. Need to say hello to the aliens :P.

Hit me up anytime my duder, always ready to get back into the game ;)

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:24 PM, JAMMIELAD said:

-Cool vid-

This is awesome looking...

I'm looking forward to the new update, it's due out on the 26th Sept!

3 minutes ago, Samaritan said:

I'm looking forward to the new update, it's due out on the 26th Sept!

The day after I get paid and 6 days after my birthday. We should set a day for players to get in TS3 and look for the Thargoids.

Just now, Shane said:

Is this game worth buying or nah? I heard it was a microtransaction simulator.

I think it is more so than ever just due to the new update.

@Shane it is oh so pretty :)

It can be a bit of a grind but I still love this game.

Edited by Samaritan

28 minutes ago, Shane said:

Lit, I get paid around that 26th anyway think I might pick it up B|

Decent game. I really need to get back into it.

@Shane400 Billion Star Systems to explore (the whole Milky Way Galaxy), trading, mining, pirates, bounty hunting, battles, missions and when the update hits...aliens. You can pay for in game extra's and fancy bits and bobs (things in your cockpit, liveries etc.) but the standard  game still offers lots of things. The grind can be hard to get money to be honest but you can get a decent ship fairly quickly. Like I said though, it is a beautiful game. Also adds a little realism if you have a Joystick and Throttle. Mine below:

Thrustmaster%20HOTAS%20X.jpg

Not the best but it works well when it's put either side of my keyboard.

@JAMMIELAD Apparently since the game was launched in 2014, only about 0.03% of the Milky Way Galaxy has been explored. At the current rate of exploration it would take hundreds of years to explore all of it. Fairly big game then :)

Edited by Samaritan

Just now, Samaritan said:

@Shane400 Billion Star Systems to explore (the whole Milky Way Galaxy), trading, mining, pirates, bounty hunting, battles, missions and when the update hits...aliens. You can pay for extra's and fancy bits and bobs but the game still offers lots of things. The grind can be hard to get money to be honest but you can get a decent ship fairly quickly. Like I said though, it is a beautiful game. Also adds a little realism if you have a Joystick and Throttle. Mine below:

Thrustmaster%20HOTAS%20X.jpg

Not the best but it works well when it's put either side of my keyboard.

@JAMMIELAD Apparently since the game was launched in 2014, only about 0.03% of the Milky Way Galaxy has been explored. At the current rate of exploration it would take hundreds of years to explore all of it. Fairly big game then :)

Jut a bit, yeah ;) I even found a few star systems myself, it was awesome.