Jump to content
Server time: 2019-02-18, 21:33 WE ARE RECRUITING
Samaritan

Offical Elite: Dangerous Thread

Recommended Posts

I'm so looking forward to patch 2.3. About time we got some character customisation, ship naming could be fun too. Shippy McShipface anyone?

Another vid 2.3 vid:

 

Edited by Samaritan

Share this post


Link to post

I am personally looking forward to the multi crew option. Finally I can make full use of that Federal Corvette i have stashed away.

oh and voice attack with one of the voice packs really does make the game that more immersive. Also the geek factor for being able to talk to your ship and have it do stuff and respond appropriately is awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Dax said:

-SNIP-

Federal Corvette? You must be rolling heavy with those credits. 

I think it will be a voice pack next for me. 

I am particularly looking forward to the character customisation and multicrew. This game is a grind at times and the development can be slow but it's potential is huge. Oh and it's such a beautiful game.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Jack Bandit said:

Had my first successful bounty hunting venture...80k bounty. This is going to be my new form of income :) CMDR Jack Bandit...freelance bounty hunter!

If you go to a Nav Beacon in a system you can sit there and scan the ships that hang around. When you see one that is wanted attack it. If it is a bigger ship fire on it then sit back and watch the other ships destroy it, however because you attacked it you get all the bounty. Do not attack a ship that isn't wanted though as you will become wanted and the ships in the area will attack you.

When you run out of ammo or if you have had enough go to a station in the same system and click on contracts and redeem your bounty. I have hit over 500.000cr an hour doing that. Remember lasers take down shields and cannons takes apart hulls. Lasers do, do damage to hulls but not as fast as cannons. Also know when to get out of there though, a bigger ship can begin to take you apart quickly.

A good starter ship to do this in is a Cobra MKIII. Equip two lasers and two multicannons.

Have fun bounty hunter!

Edited by Samaritan

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Samaritan said:

If you go to a Nav Beacon in a system you can sit there and scan the ships that hang around. When you see one that is wanted attack it. If it is a bigger ship fire on it then sit back and watch the other ships destroy it, however because you attacked it you get all the bounty. Do not attack a ship that isn't wanted though as you will become wanted and the ships in the area will attack you.

When you run out of ammo or if you have had enough go to a station in the same system and click on contracts and redeem your bounty. I have hit over 500.000cr an hour doing that. Remember lasers take down shields and cannons takes apart hulls. Lasers do, do damage to hulls but not as fast as cannons. Also know when to get out of there though, a bigger ship can begin to take you apart quickly.

A good starter ship to do this in is a Cobra MKIII. Equip two lasers and two multicannons.

Have fun bounty hunter!

Yeah I currently have an eagle at the moment but will upgrade to the cobra because it looks sexy ;) 

Share this post


Link to post

The Cobra Mk3 is a solid multi-role ship and will serve you well in your adventures, it's what I used for the longest time be it smuggling, trading and bounty hunting.

You really need to let me know when you're getting on for a session, I'll join you next time.

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, Cow said:

-SNIP-

@Jack Bandit@Cow@Dishes@JAMMIELAD@Dax

@Mamba@Cid@Arcarius - I know you play it too :)

I'll be on later, around 23:00 server time if anyone wishes to join me. Might be nice to team up with a couple of us if you're still inside the 'bubble'. You have to love that in game comms...

 

Edited by Samaritan

Share this post


Link to post

Sadly I was not around last night as I was out.

I am however free for the time being but I joined the FuelRats today so after I learn I'll be on call.

Share this post


Link to post

I have a DBX with 50ly jump range, the bubble is my oyster.

ASP X
Type-6
Python
Anaconda

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/20/2017 at 5:43 PM, Samaritan said:

If you go to a Nav Beacon in a system you can sit there and scan the ships that hang around. When you see one that is wanted attack it. If it is a bigger ship fire on it then sit back and watch the other ships destroy it, however because you attacked it you get all the bounty. Do not attack a ship that isn't wanted though as you will become wanted and the ships in the area will attack you.

When you run out of ammo or if you have had enough go to a station in the same system and click on contracts and redeem your bounty. I have hit over 500.000cr an hour doing that. Remember lasers take down shields and cannons takes apart hulls. Lasers do, do damage to hulls but not as fast as cannons. Also know when to get out of there though, a bigger ship can begin to take you apart quickly.

A good starter ship to do this in is a Cobra MKIII. Equip two lasers and two multicannons.

Have fun bounty hunter!

Which would you prefer for bounty hunting...Viper MKIII or Cobra MKIII?

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Jack Bandit said:

Which would you prefer for bounty hunting...Viper MKIII or Cobra MKIII?

Go for a Cobra MKIII. It is still one of my favourite ships and one I used the most building up those credits. Useful for all types to be honest, not just bounty hunting.

When bounty hunting just try to know when you're biting off more than you can chew. It's better to frame shift out of there then losing your ship.

If we get on together sometime I'll come and be your wingman.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Samaritan said:

Go for a Cobra MKIII. It is still one of my favourite ships and one I used the most building up those credits. Useful for all types to be honest, not just bounty hunting.

When bounty hunting just try to know when you're biting off more than you can chew. It's better to frame shift out of there then losing your ship.

If we get on together sometime I'll come and be your wingman.

This is my Vipe

C5ABE0050C9C1B1BCFCC141309BD7FA52ACE400E

And my HUD that I just changed

A9B6E9988602F1DD80B33E02C2AE917DE58BD8EB

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Jack Bandit said:

C5ABE0050C9C1B1BCFCC141309BD7FA52ACE400E

Okay, this is hot af.

Wish I had enough time to grind for better ships. I'm pretty certain I'm stuck with a Cobra or a Python/Viper (don't remember now) IG, as of now.

Edited by Rogério SkyLab

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Rogério SkyLab said:

Okay, this is hot af.

Wish I had enough time to grind for better ships. I'm pretty certain I'm stuck with a Cobra or a Python/Viper (don't remember now) IG, as of now.

Well thats the viper...I just bought a ship kit and paint to make it look a little more sexier...but it was sexy with out all the make up :)

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jack Bandit said:

Well thats the viper...I just bought a ship kit and paint to make it look a little more sexier...but it was sexy with out all the make up :)

Looking good, I'm sure there is a Viper MK IV out there too somewhere. I had one for a little while.

I'm currently using a Vulture for some bounty hunting, it has two large hard points and one of the most manoeuvrable ships out there. Just over 4million cr without being outfitted. Not mine but see below:

538x8023.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Samaritan said:

Looking good, I'm sure there is a Viper MK IV out there too somewhere. I had one for a little while.

I'm currently using a Vulture for some bounty hunting, it has two large hard points and one of the most manoeuvrable ships out there. Just over 4million cr without being outfitted. Not mine but see below:

538x8023.jpg

yeah that's my endgame goal as far as bounty hunting goes

Share this post


Link to post

@Jack Bandit@Rogério SkyLab@Dax@Dishes@Ghoozovich@JAMMIELAD and any other commanders.

I'll be on tonight from 9pm server time if anyone fancies a little Elite: Dangerous, be sitting in the Elite: Dangerous comms if anyone wishes to join me.

 

 

Edited by Samaritan

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...