Server time: 2017-10-19, 16:29
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Moonshine21

tents

do you like the craftable tent idea?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. do you like the craftable tent idea?

• Yes, I do like the idea
    • No, I do not like the idea

Moonshine21    0

I think it would be a good idea and i think that the people that are deep into the RP would agree with me. since things are being added to the crafting system,it would be nice to be able to create a tent,makeshift tent,or an wooden lean to. Me and a few of my friends tend to travel long distances and like to stop from time to time at either a pond to fish, Or just to set around a camp fire and sing songs. And tents a hard to come by to be able to do this when they or either stolen from you or you die from an infection....alot.

Mikachu    26

I think it would be a good idea and i think that the people that are deep into the RP would agree with me. since things are being added to the crafting system,it would be nice to be able to create a tent,makeshift tent,or an wooden lean to. Me and a few of my friends tend to travel long distances and like to stop from time to time at either a pond to fish, Or just to set around a camp fire and sing songs. And tents a hard to come by to be able to do this when they or either stolen from you or you die from an infection....alot.

hmm. Some sort of craftable tent could be awesome - BUT

it would have to be very balanced, and this means hard to make.

Any ideas?

The Other    0

Any ideas?

Maybe a tent with low cargo space, just for resting, so you don't get hoarders, and something along the lines of 4 logs and 8 rags

Clammy    0

Any ideas?

How about a make-shift camp? Needing a lot of wooden planks and maybe 4-5 rags and some strings?

Moonshine21    0

sounds good! and could it possibly be re-skinned to like a dirty white hide or cloth or whatever over some sticks like it was actually made by hand?

Moxy    19

Perhaps use some camo or soldier clothing(Explains the camo), and some wood and string.

Yuval    2

Sleeping bag is something i'd like to see, very can hold 2 guns 25 inventory, this way people could have a quick way to rest if they need too.

Rhys    1

+1

(add a poll, might help)

I agree, Running around with the ability to make a make shift tent would add a more immersive RP experience to those who play as Civies.

1 Gun, 10-20 item slots, 1 backpack slot?

The Other    0

While a lean to would be cool to see, i think a re skinned tent is the simplest way to go, change the texture in animal hide and thats about it

Igi    4

I would love the ability to make a little bedroll or something.

Tons of times I go fishing by a lake, setup a fire, and camp for a while. Really nice to just sit and chill for a bit and anyone who comes along usually provides wonderful RP ^_^

Adding more things that I can add to my makeshift camps would be glorious.

If nothing else, having the option to remove the standard tents that you place yourself would allow me to lug around a tent while traveling. I think the rest script has the ability to check if you placed a tent so maybe it could utilise the same system? I haven't looked at the DayZ code for a while so not sure how much of this system could be pulled from other stuff...

Mace    10

I can get on board with a craftable bedroll idea. Something along the lines of 6/8 rags and 6/4 string (So you have to use an entire 12 item inventory to actually sit down and build it). 0/5/0 as far as slots go, it could have a couple of things in it, but the real reason to use it would be so that you could rest at it like you can in a tent.

enar21    1

You know you can climb inside the normal tents right? If you go prone and back in it you can RP that you're sleeping.

And it isn't that glitchy actually.

Edit:

I still agree that maybe some kind of more RP organized tent would be nice, something that is more open so you can sit inside it. Actually get a tent feeling.

Maybe something like Standalone?

f51076324a7c044ca7624c8ce05880e7.png

Mellstrom    21

You know you can climb inside the normal tents right? If you go prone and back in it you can RP that you're sleeping.

And it isn't that glitchy actually.

Edit:

I still agree that maybe some kind of more RP organized tent would be nice, something that is more open so you can sit inside it. Actually get a tent feeling.

Maybe something like Standalone?

f51076324a7c044ca7624c8ce05880e7.png

pic isnt working, also, dat user title :D

-Edit- nmv it works now

I like that tent, some tent varieties should be added. Some with larger and smaller inventories. It doesn't make any sense that there is only one type of tent in entire Chernarus.