Server time: 2017-08-20, 23:11

Sign in to follow this  
Exile89

You Know What Fucking Sucks?

Exile89    0

So basically, I had just gotten robbed, twice (the second time was much less severe, but still), then got slapped by a zombie that had cancer on it's hand, so by that point I was hacking up a lung, and apparently sepsis bandages don't work unless you're actually bleeding, because I applied one before the infection started and still got infected.

Thankfully, I had just nom'd down a sheep, so I was in fairly good condition otherwise, but then I ran out of water, so I headed to the nearby town of Stary Sobor to fill up my water bottle once more, but of course, I got bitchslapped by quite a few zombies along the way.

So then I decided to get to the more pressing issue of finding antibiotics (and with how scarce they are, I was already starting to kiss my just recently re-geared up character goodbye) and started checking NWAF after smearing zombie shit on me to keep them from smacking me anymore, but then as I got to a fountain to get a drink, I accidentally hit the "wash self" option, so suddenly every zombie within 20 meters turns to me like I'm a gourmet steak dinner.

The bitchslapping intensifies and I just wanted to book it out of there at that point. I get down to Vybor and start desperately checking around TS for anyone who has antibiotics, and thankfully, a group of guys had some.

By the time I met up with them, I was at the point where I was intermittently passing out. By the time I was force-fed the antibiotics I'm fairly certain I was within minutes of having a critical existence failure. I was then fed a tasty steak and nursed back to relatively good health, but then when I went to drink the water that I filled up at THE WATER PUMP in Stary, it turns out it was fucking infected, and now I'm back at the point where I could get sneezed on by a fly and spontaneously die.

So, that was my day. Possibly the least fortunate day I've ever had in DayZ. Ever. I'm fairly certain that if I log back in with anything short of an intensive care unit at my side, I'm pretty much dead. So now I'm stuck between giving up and letting myself die and going through the process of re-gearing up, again, or finding a farm's worth of cows in a field and stuffing my face until another group of people with antibiotics comes along.

Tamaster92    14

Go visit a hospital :D

Or look for antibiotics in places that they might be IRL. Not only hospitals have them...

Other than that you got really unlucky :(

Igi    4

Welcome to DayZ xD

On the plus side... The new hotfix is going to add craftable 'homemade antibiotics'.

I'm also in the dilema of being infected and not wanting to log in right now. Kind of a pussy move, I feel like I should man up and just face re-gearing... however I have a rather nice collection of bloodbags of various types that I feel obliged to deliver to the Free Medics before I bite the bullet.

Anyhow, DayZ can be a bitch. It's not just DayZRP either... a lot of the new features are actually from DayZ 1.8.2.

Protip: If you find a tent (good luck) you can rest in it once every five minutes and have a 1% chance of curing an infection each time. Worth a shot if you have a tent handy :P

(I believe it has to be a tent you placed yourself but I haven't tested that yet.)

Conor    243

I survived infection by killing animal after animal just to get my blood up until I could get some anti-biotics.

It was quite funny, I got infected by being forced to eat raw meat because I was starving and, as you put it:

I was within minutes of having a critical existence failure.

Taurz    1

Well your best bet is to ask for more help. Or try your luck and see if you can find some antibiotics

Exile89    0

Is it bad if i just chuckled cause the story is pretty funny to be honest :P

Nah. I did word it with humor in mind, so I'd call that a compliment.

Herico    30

Damn man! It seems like you have a knack of getting infected and then requiring other people to help you get antibiotics ;)

Iv still yet to get infected this patch....Am i doing something wrong?

Seems getting infected is the new big thing

Exile89    0

Damn man! It seems like you have a knack of getting infected and then requiring other people to help you get antibiotics ;)

I'd practically call it a talent at this point. :/

Iv still yet to get infected this patch....Am i doing something wrong?

Seems getting infected is the new big thing

Same here...

Must have something to do with the Chechnyan training we had...

Herico    30

I'd practically call it a talent at this point. :/

A good talent if it keeps making great rp :P

Reading this was sad, frustrating and funny. I am going to go to a corner and try to work out these mixed emotions.

Good luck with help, I hope someone can save you!

Muntz    3

Thought this was a rage post at first. Read it. Loved it. I had a good little giggle in a few places. Thanks for the laugh, mate.

Guest Icy   
Guest Icy

sounds like an average day in the new patch :P

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

sounds like an average day in the new patch :P

>get robbed,

>starve

>eat

>zombie hits

>infection

>starve

>low blood

>no water

This patch, still love it though ;)

Expected angry post, was not disappoint :D Haha

I was in stary the other day and was dying of thirst so I went to the lake south of Novy, took one drink and got infected immediately. I kept drinking the body infested pool until my drinks bar was full. Then went to go find antibiotics. Bumped into SVR, passed out in their car on the way to Berezino. Slagged off Russians as the CLF do. They pull over, rob me, ready to execute me, I die before they can.

Mfw http://i.imgur.com/JVfZDtJ.gif

Exile89    0

Sorry that we had only one antibiotics! :D

Iz okay. I can't blame you with them being in short supply and all. Thanks for trying anyways.

I was in Stary the other day and was dying of thirst so I went to the lake south of Novy, took one drink and got infected immediately. I kept drinking the body infested pool until my drinks bar was full. Then went to go find antibiotics. Bumped into SVR, passed out in their car on the way to Berezino. Slagged off Russians as the CLF do. They pull over, rob me, ready to execute me, I die before they can.

Mfw http://i.imgur.com/JVfZDtJ.gif

Damn, that sucks. What exactly is that "face" though? I've seen it before, never really knew what it was.

Damn, that sucks. What exactly is that "face" though? I've seen it before, never really knew what it was.

It means intense joy.

Mace    10

Zombie detection may need a bit of tweaking. They actually seem to hear you better behind them than they used to, but when that's sorted out stealth will be a much bigger part of the game and knowing how to move, when to stop and actually crawl in order to avoid detection, or when to simply lie low and let things pass by instead of going rambo mode, will help keep you alive and not infected.

In other words: Be as a fart, silent and deadly, and let only the noses of your enemies detect you after you have dealt your payload.