Server time: 2017-10-22, 15:34
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Laurence Taylor

Bear traps

Question

Laurence Taylor    3

How can I use them whilst still abiding by the rules? As a member of SOBR i spend most the time on the NWAF, however i assume i can't put it in the entrance of a barrack or something similar like that could i?

18 answers to this question

Matt    24

I'm not even sure there ingame but I guess they would follow the same rules as grenade traps where i'm sure you can put them in the middle of no where near stashes but not in public area's that are quite commonly populated.

Laurence Taylor    3

I'm not even sure there ingame but I guess they would follow the same rules as grenade traps where i'm sure you can put them in the middle of no where near stashes but not in public area's that are quite commonly populated.

they are IG, i've got one atm!

Clammy    0

I had one, put one down and nothing happened :(

And I think you can if you notify people via TS or Forums about where you placed it

Matt    24

they are IG, i've got one atm!

Ah well then I guess just don't be putting it in places liked towns and villages not sure if it is allowed or not just ask a staff member on ts your best bet.

Burgz    6

Wouldn't leave them laying around anywhere unless its when you're initiating on a settlement or something. You'd have to remove it after to, if not it would be KOS or attempted KOS. Actually, you haven't even seen them so you're just a dirty, dirty murderer.

If they actually work that is.

Conor    254

I can tell you from experience that they do work :P

When someone runs over them it breaks their legs but does not cause any blood damage.

When someone runs over them it breaks their legs but does not cause any blood damage.

lol, how do you run into a bear trap? lol

SweetJoe    391

The only break a leg. No blood damage. They also disappear after restart.

They follow the same rules as grenade traps though, you can set it up to defend your stashes, but DO NOT put them in cities, settlements/ PCB's, or near the Trade Post. That's about as much to it really. Solving.

Guest johnygt7   
Guest johnygt7

They follow the same rules as grenade traps though, you can set it up to defend your stashes, but DO NOT put them in cities, settlements/ PCB's, or near the Trade Post. That's about as much to it really. Solving.

You can use them in a firefight i suppose?

Bare in mind that they don't do any blood damage, they just brake your leg.

Hex    31

Why even add them in if you have to follow a KoS style of rule for them? they are like landmines, they are indiscriminate on who they kill, they can harm friend just as much as foe.

I suggest these not be liable to the attempted KoD/RDM rules because they should be taken as dangers of the land, much like the ruined buildings or even zombies!

....at least thats how I see it.

Laurence Taylor    3

Why even add them in if you have to follow a KoS style of rule for them? they are like landmines, they are indiscriminate on who they kill, they can harm friend just as much as foe.

I suggest these not be liable to the attempted KoD/RDM rules because they should be taken as dangers of the land, much like the ruined buildings or even zombies!

....at least thats how I see it.

I agree completely with you, but people could just put them in high pop locations waiting for people to get fucked up by one and then rob them whilst their legs are broken?

Valkerion    0

I agree completely with you, but people could just put them in high pop locations waiting for people to get fucked up by one and then rob them whilst their legs are broken?

Whats wrong with that?

I mean if you're gonna use a bear trap against a person its probably because you want to catch them right?

That and if it really does no blood damage whats the problem? they will come and collect you take whatever they want/need from you both gear and information wise then as the rules state will have to fix your legs to care for the hostage so all is well.

The problem comes when people just leave them around.

SebbePwnYou    17

I can tell you this, It works both when you remove it and when its placed.

Example: Me and my friend were placing down random beertrap at Dolina City, and we ran over it when it was placed and we broke our legs, than we removed it from the ground and we ran over the same place and we broke our legs again.

Laurence Taylor    3

Or on the damn to catch the peasant fishermen

Chris    63

I found out today that having god-mode does not save you from having the bear trap break your legs, fell afoul of one as I was observing people today.

Reset it when I left, so someone else could be "lucky" ;)

Laurence Taylor    3

I found out today that having god-mode does not save you from having the bear trap break your legs, fell afoul of one as I was observing people today.

Reset it when I left, so someone else could be "lucky" ;)

using [email protected]

:troll: