Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 04:59

Tent spammange?

What is it with the tent pickup and erect all around electro/cherno?

Im back from an absence and ofc for natural reasons my old tents are gone. And i find a "organised" removal and erection of tents and tanktraps.

EVERYWHERE.

Look inside cherno, you find tents on the floor of the church ONTOP of loot. Outside of general store, inside bars. .

I ran around cherno last night and the night before trying to find myself a tent to stove some med supplies in.

But they are all picket up and erected close towhere they were find.

Industrials organised emptied and stuff dropped at entrance to said industrial. i found a garage and outside there was a pile with 3 toolboxes, 2 windows, 3 wheels, several axes etc.

I see the random deploying of tents for example as organised sabotage of gameplay experience for the community. Cant you do as at the fellas at the industrials just drop them somewhere close if u want new stuff to spawn.

So blokes such as myself can find myself a tent, where you later can steal stuff ^^ hehe

Guest Sam Goodenough

In a brief stint I did yesterday I barely got into the church in Cherno because of a tent in the doorway. Also had two tents inside. I didn't look in the tents (wasn't sure it was OK by the rules and not a time and place to read up) but it was if is someone tried to block access.

• Emerald

Tent trolls are difficult to deal with. Tank traps and barbed wire can be removed by anyone with a toolbox, however tents can only be flattened temporarily.

• MVP

T.O.R has deployed tents on a few locations at the south coast in new outpost network, but they're not put up right outside a main spawn site. I too have noticed a lot of tents, particularly in Cherno and Elektro, right outside key locations such as malls, firestations and factories/yards. I guess some people use them to farm these places, but one has to question the sense in that seeing as their public location makes them loot-targets by strangers.

The other (remote) possibility is that they're set up as baits by bandits to justify KOS-attacks(theft warrants KOS), but I havent really heard much about that so I doubt its the case.

All I can say is that the tent wave, mini-outposts aside, is not the work of T.O.R.

• Emerald

I don't think putting a tent in the middle of the city with a few bean cans in it can be seen as "property".

If there are bandits who think they can KOS people for "stealing" from their tent who stands in a open public place, then they will be banned very quickly.

A tent hidden under a tree in the woods can be considered private stash, but NOT in a public area.

I hope we can make this into a rule before certain entities start getting bright ideas.

We already have assholes enough who use vehicles as KOS bait, which sadly enough is legal.

Guest Sam Goodenough

I don't think putting a tent in the middle of the city with a few bean cans in it can be seen as "property".

If there are bandits who think they can KOS people for "stealing" from their tent who stands in a open public place, then they will be banned very quickly.

A tent hidden under a tree in the woods can be considered private stash, but NOT in a public area.

I hope we can make this into a rule before certain entities start getting bright ideas.

Heh, that's where I was uncertain, tent in the doorway to the church and all, so I left it alone. Seen tents in the wild, left them well alone. :)

• Emerald

Heh, that's where I was uncertain, tent in the doorway to the church and all, so I left it alone. Seen tents in the wild, left them well alone. :)

Yup, that tent has caused quite some annoyance.

It's a shame though.

I have been trying to find tents for my base at Lake Prud, and tents seem to be very rare. Then there are people who pick them up and pitch them for no good reason, just to annoy people with it.

It's a darn shame and waste of rare items.

If you don't need a tent, just let it be, or donate it to T.O.R bases.

Some people really wish to have tents to enlarge their base with.

It's just a way players like to grief other players. 1.7.5 I believe gives you the option to "burn tent" if you have matches, which gets rid of the tent entirely.

This feature is in dayzredux. Feature we thought of adding, unfortunatly i fear people will abuse it in places like tor outposts.

• Emerald

Some bandits are real life trolls. They would burn down every tent on the map, and go cry about it in reports if someone burns theirs.

These humans exist, so we should protect our game experience. Tents should still be indestructable, but tents that are placed merely to block a building, can be reported, and maybe admins can have removal power.

Building a good base takes a lot of time, I don't really want some trolls to take that hard work away from me simply by clicking on my tent and remove it.

lol its not trolling, these tents are just placed by a random stranger to see what it does. You guys always looking the dark side behind things. And the tank traps in Cherno are almost all mine to guide traffic and then rob them^^

This feature is in dayzredux. Feature we thought of adding, unfortunatly i fear people will abuse it in places like tor outposts.

That's my fear aswell. It will only take one griefer that is hard to track down to ruin many great RP aspects.

And I doubt it will be used in any RP way (eg. burning hostile clans camp). IRL noone would burn an unattended tent that just gave them weapons. And for ruining competitor clan camps running over tents/ axing them gets you to your goal anyways.