Server time: 2017-08-21, 01:00

Sign in to follow this  
Moxy

One Week Of 1st Person Only [Discussion / Vote]

1st Person Only For One Week  

180 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Person Only For One Week

Moxy    19

In response to the Is Dayz RP Too Realistic? thread, it got me thinking about --

forcing 1st person on the server for one week.

By doing this for 1 week, people will be able to try out 1st person via DayzRP scenario, and play in full servers. This will then give everyone that plays an accurate depiction of what it would be like, and then we could accurately gauge how much people like / dislike it.

If the response from this is positive, we could then push for a 1st person only S2 server, but not replace S1 with 1st person. I would post another poll after the week to see how people liked it.

Look forward to reading your responses.

Other Threads involving 1st Person / Hardcore S3 Server:

DISCLAIMER: This is my personal thread for my own interest in the subject. This does not mean this is going to take affect, even if it is voted with an overwhelming majority. I am not speaking on behalf of Staff, or the Dev team; simply myself and myself alone.

The Other    0

I haven't been here for a while but, i really think that 3rd person breaks alot of the immersion, and for a community focused on roleplaying and immersion, seeing your character from behind somewhat cripples it,

I'm up for it, let us try it...

Guest Pandi   
Guest Pandi

Ehhh, I think it's a good idea in a way but then a part of me just doesn't support this. I always like to look around in third person because first person feels like I'm looking through one eye, it's not enough to see / look around.

That's just my opinion, never been a big supporter of first person in DayZ and ArmA in general.

The Other    0

Ehhh, I think it's a good idea in a way but then a part of me just doesn't support this. I always like to look around in third person because first person feels like I'm looking through one eye, it's not enough to see / look around.

That's just my opinion, never been a big supporter of first person in DayZ and ArmA in general.

you can increase the field of view, it does however screw a bit with sniping if you determine the distance via mildots

Moxy    19

Just a reminder. This is a vote on a 1 week trial period of 1st person only, not so much whether you currently like 1st person or 3rd person. The difference is that most people have not truly played DayzRP with everyone (And themselves) forced on 1st person, thus cannot really say they have tried both and give a proper answer.

After this one week, people would know which they preferred.

Still a no for me. People were given a chance to try it if they wanted to on the hardcore server, and by population on that, it seems not so many were interested.

Even though everyone would be playing with it instead of just seeing who wants to try it, I still feel a lot of people, myself included, would be completely turned off by it and just not log in for a week.

Rhys    1

Yes from me, Would be interesting to play in 1st person for a while. Would provide a great RP experience and it would stop those damn bastards that 3rd person over walls in firefights...

You got my "Yes" vote. Third person is abused heavily in PvP scenarios and it also breaks the whole immersion, in first person it actually feels more real and less like a game. With role play first person should not be a issue for any one what so ever.

Jm Von Cat    154

Definitely yes from me, i dislike the use of third person to look over walls and such while being perfectly safe, Looking is supposed to be dangerous! it risk vs reward!

FireMatt    1

It will always be a no from me.

We shouldn't need to force a player to use something that they do not like or are uncomfortable with. The other issue is ArmA's first person sucks balls compared to similar games like ArmA 3 or Standalone.

The option is there to use it or not to use it. It's all about personal preference imo.

SatansNightOut    105

Pretty sure we've been through many semblances of "1st person" suggestions already.

I say give it up. The people have already spoken...many times, lol.

Moxy    19

DISCLAIMER: This is my personal thread for my own interest in the subject. This does not mean this is going to take affect, even if it is voted with an overwhelming majority. I am not speaking on behalf of Staff, or the Dev team; simply myself and myself alone.

A yes from me but if it is only going to be on S2 I already see the same thing happening like when it was hardcore, everybody will play on S1 because they don't even want to/are not interested to try out 1st person

Moxy    19

A yes from me but if it is only going to be on S2 I already see the same thing happening like when it was hardcore, everybody will play on S1 because they don't even want to/are not interested to try out 1st person

Perhaps the overflow server could be the 1st person

Terra    1372

It has nothing to do with "the others dont even want to try out". I tried it out multiple times. I do not like it. If 50 poeple vote for yes, then you would have to aks the 50 people why the second sever is not full...like the last time.

If someone wants to play in first person he can do it. But let others play like they want to.

I dont want to get forced. It´s a thing I do not like in general. //off to work. unable to respond