Server time: 2017-08-18, 18:19

Sign in to follow this  
JerseyDevil17

Zombie Guts

LADIES AND GENTLEMANOS...

So, today I found a little secret the devs through into the game with the latest patch. Some of you, if not many of you, have probably already seen it and not said anything about it, but I figured I'd get the word out since it's probably my most favorite feature by far.

Pro-survival-tip: kill a viral-infected (the new OP ones), gut it, and take the guts off of its body. Make sure you have a box of antibiotics with you(or in the new hotfix, some of the "craftable" ones). Next, smear them all over you! The zombies don't see you or hear you, and think you're one of their own.

Now there's a few things to remember...

1. Do not talk while undercover using this system. It will cause the zombies to realize you're a human and will try attacking you again.

2. Don't shoot or swing a hatchet(or any melee weapon) unless the zombies will find out you're actually human, and will try attacking you again as well.

3. Upon rubbing the guts onto you, you may notice you start making zombie-like sounds. Do not worry, this is simply a side-effect. You are not actually turning into "one of them".

4. Wash yourself afterwards. (Not sure how this is done, suppose you just swim in a lake). This will wash the guts of you, and if you don't stop making the noises soon after, simply relog.

This is a great method to looting large towns or airfields without getting unwanted attention from the infected. However just make sure you have a damn good story if you run into someone questioning why you're making all the weird noises xD

Good work Devs!

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

Should request for move to guides and tuts?

That is.. amazing.. i'm literally mind blown to the point where I hardly believe DayZ can even do this thanks for the tip!

Rick    19

You mean I can run through crowds of zombies like a mad man and NOT have them all chase me? Finally, a solution to my tactics

54339645.jpg

;)

You mean I can run through crowds of zombies like a mad man and NOT have them all chase me? Finally, a solution to my tactics

I too have this problem.. quite the solution eh?

Tamaster92    14

Can confirm :)

Another one of the super secret things from the changelog - enjoy!

now, i have a question. how do you clean the guts and crap of you? (stuck on my laptop so cant find outmyself)

Great find. I will be sure to try this.

/Moving to guides and Tutorials.

Owen    13

So that's why you can wash yourself. It all makes sense now.

Murdercool    32

AMAZING!

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

0_0

This. Is. Awesome.

Reminds me of Last of Us, for some reason, now...

Mellstrom    21

does this make your skin look more bloody and does it work for female skins?

Tamaster92    14

now, i have a question. how do you clean the guts and crap of you? (stuck on my laptop so cant find outmyself)

Wash with water bottle/go in a pond or ocean/go in the rain

does this make your skin look more bloody and does it work for female skins?

works with any skin but doesn't change your appearance no

So which zombies was it that does it? I honestly don't study them but I guess I'll come across one from all this checking bodies

Heroz_Nick    21

Hm wash the guts? but then you wash off the smell of infected guts meaning they would be able to recognize your not infected and attack you? lol O.o[but then again infected attack by Sight & Sound]

Like saying I'm going to put on a ghilie suit to blend in but then I put on a yellow tracksuit :D

Not one to complain though sounds legit just a little strange, Good find OP!

Clammy    0

Shit, I heard that my friend did this but did not wash them, he was instantly infected. But this is a great addon, thanks devs <3

Exile89    0

I'm not even trying it unless it's reversible. Handy as that is, I'm not going to have my character making zombie noises until he up and dies or there's another database wipe.

Tamaster92    14

I'm not even trying it unless it's reversible. Handy as that is, I'm not going to have my character making zombie noises until he up and dies or there's another database wipe.

When you clean yourself the zombie noises stop after a short while. Or just relog. that cancels the effect entirely

Snoop    0

Shit, I heard that my friend did this but did not wash them, he was instantly infected. But this is a great addon, thanks devs <3

*Cough*

Sign in to follow this