Server time: 2017-10-19, 22:02
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Heroz_Nick

Survival Tactics Lesson 1 - Alternative to Anti-biotics

Heroz_Nick    21

Suggestion 1. Comfrey leaves x 2 + Water bottle [Filled] [not boiled] [or some sort of still drink] = Herbal Drink*

Suggestion 2. Comfrey leaves + Rag or Bandage whilst in water [pond] [to wash your wounds] = Antibiotic wipe*

Suggestion 3. Wipe + Comfrey leaves [to intensify the antibiotic effects] + [possibly in water] = Antibiotic Wash

The Herbal drink/[Antibiotic wipe] will be an alternative to antibiotics because of the rarity of antibiotics spawning in game, furthermore there is a dramatic increase in the possibility of you getting infected e.g attacked by the infected, drinking or eating raw food.

This I feel needs to be discussed and addressed within the community...so far for example I have died once, currently infected again and losing blood, estimate 2 mins without finding some food to regain health I would be dead.

This is not a rant or disagreement with the choices of the patch. I love Realism as much as anyone but we must have balance in order for everyone to enjoy the RP experience...Because people who travel alone don't always have support [civilians] where as a person in a group can call for aid anytime they need.

Feel free to post comments but remember positive criticism go's a long way.

[Give the Dev's the respect they deserve, not easy trying to code these things]

Cheers

Mikachu    26

I have been looking for a craft able antibiotics similar to the bandages, splints etc just trying to make it nicely balanced, shouldn't be too easy to make.

Maybe a easy to make one but it only works 50% of the time or something?

Heroz_Nick    21

I have been looking for a craft able antibiotics similar to the bandages, splints etc just trying to make it nicely balanced, shouldn't be too easy to make.

Maybe a easy to make one but it only works 50% of the time or something?

That's a good idea, not an absolute certainty that you can cure yourself of your infection. Nice one Mr.Panda ;)

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

PLEASE FOR SATANS SWEET GLORY MAKE CRAFTABLE ANTIBIOTICS

really though, get sick so much it's almost impossible to rp with.

PLEASE FOR SATANS SWEET GLORY MAKE CRAFTABLE ANTIBIOTICS

really though, get sick so much it's almost impossible to rp with.

+999999999

Plus, it would be nice to have a quick solution to the infection you get from rubbing zombie guts on you. I love that feature and it has so much potential, however people are terrified to do it because of the infection and possible death that follows it.

Being able to craft antibiotics from comfrey leaves is like crafting an M16 from 2 bibles. It just makes absolutely no sense xD Why not reduce the chance of getting infected instead?

Heroz_Nick    21

Being able to craft antibiotics from comfrey leaves is like crafting an M16 from 2 bibles. It just makes absolutely no sense xD Why not reduce the chance of getting infected instead?

Because people would complain the realism is being reduced, there are many natural things in the world that have medical properties e.g weed for medicinal use.. It could make a fundamental difference to how RP is affected IG.

Never know if we don't try ;)

Mellstrom    21

+googleplex

i have personally not been infected yet (because i'm a very cautious guy) but iv'e seen so many people die from this its insane. A thing to add is that IRL ive been infected once and it doesnt kill you in 20 minutes, it takes days (if you wipe it).

Maybe reduce the blood that you lose if you get infected via a lake but keep the blood that you lose when you get infected by a zed.

Mikachu    26

How about water, comfrey and painkillers?

That way it's still somewhat difficult to make but not hard enough where it isn't worth it

Owen    14

Sound good. Not to hard to do but still presents a challenge to find the ingredients.

Heroz_Nick    21

That way it's still somewhat difficult to make but not hard enough where it isn't worth it

Hmm would make more sense, but could we still try to make one of the formulas work too if possible?

I know it may be a challenge to code or construct so I won't get hopes up too much..

possibly the Wipe + Comfrey leaves [whilst in water] to make a nice antibiotic wash :P I know it sounds weird but that's survival for you.

Plus it would really be interesting to RP that.

Also just thought of another Survival tactic to post soon enough