Server time: 2017-08-24, 07:00

Sign in to follow this  

Remove the blood trail

I know every mod server i play on they removed the blood trail because it causes major frame and server lag. Might be a reason for the frames and desync.

Tamaster92    14

No and no.

Everytime I've seen blood and been with other players it makes for great RP. In fact some of the most... Survivory I've had in a while.

Also as I said before it has little to no impact whatsoever - it has a rather aggressive cleanup script along with being specifically made to minimise server performance hits

No and no.

Everytime I've seen blood and been with other players it makes for great RP. In fact some of the most... Survivory I've had in a while.

Also as I said before it has little to no impact whatsoever - it has a rather aggressive cleanup script along with being specifically made to minimise server performance hits

What causes the lag then?

Fozzy    2

I honestly haven't seen any performance downsides, it's actually better then it was at the start of the last patch :/

Guest Biiddy   
Guest Biiddy

Maybe disable it for a test and see if it makes a difference, as it is true that all the servers i have played have disabled it due to performance issues

Tamaster92    14

No and no.

What causes the lag then?

Will need to check once the fix is out live but it seems to be two things -

A bug with skins and AH which is spamming logs and also too many loot piles (ironically)

The blood is fantastic and I see no reason why a texture would case such lag.

Why does a smoke grenade cause lag?

Well, every time we get into a firefight and there is blood everywhere frames and the server get wrecked.

Tamaster92    14

Why does a smoke grenade cause lag?

Because the engine and your client has to simulate roughly 500 particles and their relation to wind, ground, any rotors/planes nearby and also colour if it's not jut white.

Cedrea    1

Whatever is causing the lag it is something that was not on S2 last night. S2 had almost if not the same framerate as before.

RoCKiE    0

Whatever is causing the lag it is something that was not on S2 last night. S2 had almost if not the same framerate as before.

I can confirm that :/ then S2 went down and I was crying.

Yuval    2

No thanks, if there is no actual impact on lag and FPS. If there is, and a big one - remove it.

I don't know how blood works so no need to jump into conclusions before anyone knows anything.

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

No and no.

Does it matter if it makes for great RP? If people are getting unplayable frames surly that counters it, just for something that creates RP we have managed to RP without it but having 13 FPS on a PC I have spent £1300 on is kinda bad and makes me not want to play.

Tamaster92    14

No and no.

Does it matter if it makes for great RP? If people are getting unplayable frames surly that counters it, just for something that creates RP we have managed to RP without it but having 13 FPS on a PC I have spent £1300 on is kinda bad and makes me not want to play.

Try reading what i wrote?

Samaritan    258

I believe that Tamaster has already stated that it is not the blood trails causing the lag/FPS drop. He thinks it is the following:

"Will need to check once the fix is out live but it seems to be two things -

A bug with skins and AH which is spamming logs and also too many loot piles (ironically)"

Idk what it is. But I barely get 10 frames in cities and zombies don't spawn till about 15 minutes later after lagging around the city with no loot or zombies. It has to be something

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

No and no.

Try reading what i wrote?

Well I have acquired information that it is the blood trail, but I guess its your word against mine.

Rolle    2473

Idk what it is. But I barely get 10 frames in cities and zombies don't spawn till about 15 minutes later after lagging around the city with no loot or zombies. It has to be something

That is intended, zombies spawn only every 15m, to give players ability to at least temporarily clear an area and not flood them in endless waves.

Loot spawns every 30 minutes, to prevent loot inflation and cycling.

We will benchmark the blood feature and decide the outcome then.

Guest Ketamine   
Guest Ketamine

That is intended, zombies spawn only every 15m, to give players ability to at least temporarily clear an area and not flood them in endless waves.

So the 10FPS was intended too?

Guest Fuzzy   
Guest Fuzzy

+1 Pretty sure this is the issue.

Rolle    2473

So the 10FPS was intended too?

I never said anything about the FPS? If it is indeed a problem, it will be investigated too, in time. You have to keep in mind that DayZ mod has made very big changes and we will not remove or be able to optimize most of them.

I currently have 40 FPS in Cherno, I've always had that, so this issue might not be so easy to reproduce.