Server time: 2017-10-18, 05:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Jackfish

Is dayzrp to realistic?

Jackfish    0

Hello survivors!

So I just played on the new patch. And if im really honest.. hate it.

Why? I will tell you guys:

1: zombies are fast/strong

2: bloodbag thing? wow its hard to find a good bloodbag and a kit!

3: you need to eat and drink 4 times before your bar is full

I think its because it was to easy but my opinion is that this is to much. What do you guys think about it?

Let me know!

Jack.

Once a game gets too realistic I hate it, and I don't like this patch.

Jamma    4

Roleplaying in an unrealistic world is stupid. Me and you have 100% opposite opinions.

Clammy    0

I kinda like it, with the blood trails and the regen of blood, I just don't like the fact how you need to eat a whole factory of beans to get full :(

Jamma    4

Anything to do with this :troll:

DinoB    20

Zombies too strong? Yes, but it's good so we don't just pvp.

Bloodbag thing? It's hard to find and use which is realistic and it's been 4 years in the apocalypse you won't just find bloodbags and kits lying around.

Eat and drink 4 times? That's the only thing I find bullshit. If a ate a beef steak in real life I would be full. Nope, eat 5 to be full, what am I a bloody bear??

Yeah this needs to be fixed.

RoCKiE    0

Not hard/realistic enough for me personally to be honest. The thing that I still miss the most is first person only. Adds a lot of immersion and makes the game harder in a sense that you have to take more risks.

Also ammo and weapons are still too common. I don't want that it is like DayZ2017 but a little bit more like it. I havent really found loot since the new patch but one building that spawned stuff (a firestation) had 3 rifles in it with 2 mags each.

And to respond to your points. I am all up for realism so there is no such thing as too fast or too strong zombies, if they hit/bite/whatever just once you are pretty much screwed. Bloodbags shouldn't exist in the first place, not sure what rocket was thinking when he added them. And yea the food thing is weird I have to admit.

Mikachu    26

ignoring the rest which has been explaining over and over and over -

Zombies are actually slower and do less damage than before. They are also easier to dodge, easier to lose and easier to sneak past.

Jackfish    0

Zombies are actually slower and do less damage than before. They are also easier to dodge, easier to lose and easier to sneak past.

THEY ARE???? WOW

I thought they were stronger!?

but still the food thing is stupid :P

Not hard/realistic enough for me personally to be honest. The thing that I still miss the most is first person only. Adds a lot of immersion and makes the game harder in a sense that you have to take more risks.

Also ammo and weapons are still too common. I don't want that it is like DayZ2017 but a little bit more like it. I havent really found loot since the new patch but one building that spawned stuff (a firestation) had 3 rifles in it with 2 mags each.

And to respond to your points. I am all up for realism so there is no such thing as too fast or too strong zombies, if they hit/bite/whatever just once you are pretty much screwed. Bloodbags shouldn't exist in the first place, not sure what rocket was thinking when he added them. And yea the food thing is weird I have to admit.

first person?

hell no! Wanna see myself if im running :)

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I just want to say - for all the people who want 1st person and HCore server, open up Hadrcore Server.

Guest Fuzzy   
Guest Fuzzy

Mikachu    26

THEY ARE???? WOW

I agree, food/drink needs to fixed ASAP.

But yeah zombie damage (I killed myself IG for this so thank you :P)

"DAMAGE: player hit by z_new_worker4 in body with zombie for 0.416845 scaled 625.267 Conscious true" (Hit in body by worker zombie for 625 blood)

"DAMAGE: player hit by z_new_viral3 in hands with zombie for 1.30849 scaled 1962.74 Conscious true" (Hit in hands by viral for 1962 blood - note virals are stronger than usual zeds)

"DAMAGE: player hit by z_new_viral3 in body with zombie for 0.891251 scaled 1336.88 Conscious true" (As above but hit in body and for 1336 blood)

"DAMAGE: player hit by z_villager1 in hands with zombie for 0.942133 scaled 753.707 Conscious true" (Hit in hands by normal zombie for 753 blood)

Then I died :(

Previously a normal zombie did ~1500 per hit and virals did ~2500, so yeah between 500-100 blood less per hit.

Conor    254

Zombies too strong?

They are not supposed to be easy.

These are creatures whose sole purpose of existence is to eat your brains.

You cannot just be running around aggro-ing them and thinking that you can just get away.

They are a major threat. Stealth is the key to defeating them, besides smoke grenades that is.

Blood bags?

If it were properly realistic, there would be no blood bags.

Blood and all it's related components have shelf lives, ranging from 5 days to 12 months.

These time periods of course depend on an environmentally controlled place of storage. Temperatures must be kept or the blood will be useless after a short period of time.

Over two years into the apocalypse, there would be no useable blood lying around. There is no power, hospitals' backup generators have failed, the blood banks have lost their temperature control, the blood is all ruined.

The only way you would be able to give someone a transfusion two years into the apocalypse would be to take the blood fresh from a donor. Not to mention it would have to be immediate -within a day or so- as you would be unable to keep the blood cool.

Then of course you need to make sure they receive the right blood type to avoid them having a transfusion reaction and going into hemolytic shock and dying.

The food system?

I do like the concept that has been implemented, it just needs some tweaking.

It is only release day+1 for the patch so it is going to take time to tweak things and fix bugs.

Jackfish    0

THEY ARE???? WOW

I agree, food/drink needs to fixed ASAP.

But yeah zombie damage (I killed myself IG for this so thank you :P)

"DAMAGE: player hit by z_new_worker4 in body with zombie for 0.416845 scaled 625.267 Conscious true" (Hit in body by worker zombie for 625 blood)

"DAMAGE: player hit by z_new_viral3 in hands with zombie for 1.30849 scaled 1962.74 Conscious true" (Hit in hands by viral for 1962 blood - note virals are stronger than usual zeds)

"DAMAGE: player hit by z_new_viral3 in body with zombie for 0.891251 scaled 1336.88 Conscious true" (As above but hit in body and for 1336 blood)

"DAMAGE: player hit by z_villager1 in hands with zombie for 0.942133 scaled 753.707 Conscious true" (Hit in hands by normal zombie for 753 blood)

Then I died :(

Previously a normal zombie did ~1500 per hit and virals did ~2500, so yeah between 500-100 blood less per hit.

and btw: some guns and ammo dont have a image yet?

Conor    254

I just want to say - for all the people who want 1st person and HCore server, open up Hadrcore Server.

This thread is not talking about forced first person and hard core mode....

Toska    0

I so second this. I have been playing for a good 5 hours yesterday in the new patch build, looted 7 towns, including Cherno and Berezino. I killed at least 30+ zombies with a baseball bat and I got hit 3 or 4 times during the whole session. I am not exaggerating here, that is what happened.

The only reason I almost died (blood meter was empty), was because I underestimated the need for food and drink. However I mangaged to survive because I went to a lake, drank loads of water through a tin can, went fishing for a few minutes to get 1 fish, cooked it and I was out of danger. Sure, it takes a while until you are in top notch condition, but hey, I love that.

Also, pro tip: raw food gives you close to zero hunger back. Cooked meat/fish raises your hunger meter by one stage. And it also regenerates a bit of blood, (like it used to do pre patch).

One thing I would like to get changed/cleared up though, is why cans of food give you that few of hunger. I mean a can is filled with approx. 500ml to 1L of food. That is quite a lot. I would be okay with that if they can be cooked (dunno if that is already in) and would give you more hunger back in return.

So far I am in love with the current build. Loot spawns are how they should be in an apocalypse, zeds are a threat to a certain extent, an AK is a high grade weapon now (IRL it would be, it is an assault rifle after all), and you actually have to care for you character more often. Stocking up on food, drinks and all that stuff is way more important now and it should be the focus of a survival game.

All in all, Thank you Dev's for this excellent patch, and no, it is not too realistic IMO.

Profwedgie    7

Zombies are easy too get around, Just crouch and sneak pass but yes, Food is out of control. I ate 5 bake beans and drunk 4 sodas too get full in both, Hope my teeth are Ok :P

I have to disagree with this, they hit me from 3 meters away and it is harder to melee them and then take away a third of my blood which would be okay if I could find animals or food, they intercept me when I do get agro(can not complain about that tbh) and with agro I agro one zombie and they then come out of no where agroing every other zombie in a 100 or so meter radius.

With that said, IMO food is to rare and the food/drink gauge runs out to fast compared to what you find, drinking is fine I guess. Zombies hit at a much larger distance which I found on vanilla DayZ servers also so can not blame the devs. Other then the above stated, I like what I seen so far in-game and in the editor, just a shame I have to run 10k to find food that barely keeps me alive.

Dougie    23

I honestly think once all of this is tweaked and such that this patch will be very enjoyable. If all the little bugs and fixes can be put in soon I think it will open up a lot more opportunities for rp.

enar21    1

I just hope a quick fix can come out for the food system, it really makes me not want to play...

Lue    25

DayzRP is too realistic now!? Maybe I have to hop on. I kinda got bored for a bit there. If everything you listed is indeed true, then I think I will enjoy this latest patch... Time to find out.

Hellbreed06    0

I notice that some people fail to see how the new food system works, you guys do know that instead of getting a certain amount of food per item it actually goes up over time now right?

DayzRP is too realistic now!? Maybe I have to hop on. I kinda got bored for a bit there. If everything you listed is indeed true, then I think I will enjoy this latest patch... Time to find out.

I checked pretty much every barn and industrial building in Gorka, didn't find a single gun. Only a pickaxe, Sledgehammer and a whooooole lot of Tincans. Ol' WP will love this for sure!