Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 04:32

Decrease zombie damage

Guest Boris Grigorev

Guest Boris Grigorev

With all the increases in the damage, speed, spawn rates, the number of zombies and them being able to attack vehicles. Can we at least reduce the damage so it's not impossible to play? especially in the beginning of the game.

I've got a bad feeling about it completely ruining the server.

Agreed, there's no way anything can kill you by flailing its arms at you and hitting you 5-7 times, maybe take the damage down to 1k?

Well, of course, unless it were one of those "Rage Infected"... But agreed. Zombie damage should still be more than the vanilla, but the current damage is too strong. I suggest putting it somewhere in the middle?

Lower initial damage would also give the bleed affect a bigger role in damage, instead of "oh god zombies got me and I'm dead" would it not be better if "oh god zombies got me but I got away and I'm bandaging." If zombies do 1k damage and you take a few hits you are going to be very injured instead of plain dead.

In reality, it wouldn't take some frenzied braineaters to rip you apart.

It also brings the zombie threat into perspective, as other players have been the primary and basically only threat in the game, whereas zombies are just annoying.

Get some new strategies, madafakas

They are a threat with 500-1k Damage, the current damage is just silly. How are we suppose to get strategies against the zombies when they aggro way to easily and strafe left to right, madafaka

Guest Boris Grigorev

It also brings the zombie threat into perspective, as other players have been the primary and basically only threat in the game, whereas zombies are just annoying.

Have you been on the test server? And read my earlier post before mindlessly posting. I agree that it shouldn't be nearly as easy as before, but now it is too hard

• MVP

Check here for the discussion Boris: http://www.dayzrp.com/t-suggestions

Here is the part you should have a look at:

Tomerans grand collection of zombie-suggestions

- Adjust zombie damage to between 400-800 damage per hit(currently in the original its around 100-200). Not sure what its currently modified to in the test server, but its sounds like its in the thousands of blood per hit and that's a wee bit much.

Zombies hit for about 1-2k right now. I don't think it's reasonable to take > 10 hits from a zombie and walk away.

- Adjust infection rates to three times the normal, while making antibiotics(as was mentioned in a previous suggestion) rarer.

Good idea, altough the infection should actually do something instead of just causing coughing and slowly losing blood. You should run slower or have shaky aim.

- RADICLY increase the zombie hitpoints. I mean come on guys, these are zombies. Headshots should apply as the most effective way to bring them down. As it is now, a double-tap to the big toe is as effective as a round to the forhead.

Increase zombie HP to around 30.000-40.000 blood to make it interesting(and make them the bullet-spunges they're suppose to be), but keep headshots as fatal.

This I think, rather then massive damage, will make things interesting.

Good idea! 40k may be overkill as a single zombie would require 3 hits from high powered rifle, but doubling or tripling the current health sounds like a good idea.

- Increase zombie quantity to the maximum amount that reasonable performance permits.

No, this will make the server lag much more, we can't afford to spawn more zombies than there already is.

Most of these seem reasonable concerns to why the settings are as they are.

• Server Manager

Damage has been lowered by 500 in the 0.5.0, we will continue to balance things out before the release. I think the huge amount of zombies spawning (and the lag caused by it) is a bug in 1.7.5.1, I don't really know if it's working as intended.

* [NEW] - New zed & loot spawn systems rewrote Phase 1.

Ten bucks that this guy hasn't even tried it out and just writing stuff to get others pissed.

Anyone that actually have tried out the test server realizes pretty fast that there has to be some tweaking at the damage.

Also the zombie re-spawn needs to be tweaked since it feels like whatever unsilenced gun you shoot you get swarmed by at least 50-60 zombies ( If you are in a town ).

The amount of zombies in the town actually could work if they didn't re-spawn 15 seconds after they died, a cool down timer from 5~ minutes would be ideal, clean out the city and then they could re-spawn after a short period of time.

Back to the damage again, id say that you could try to half the damage the zombies are doing right now, since dayz is such a unforgiving game it will be pretty annoying if you do one single mistake/or the zombies bugs and you loose everything you have fought for the last couple of hours.

I agree with making the zombies more of a threat. Presently, they're just an annoyance. However, increasing their attack speed, damage, and spawn is going to really make things hard.. Too hard.

I suggest meeting in the middle with increased damage and amount that spawn, but also increase their re spawn after they have been killed and not increasing their attack speed.

I saw a custom mod where they added a super zombie, "bloodsucker". At certain areas. That were faster, had higher aggro range, hit harder and were harder to kill.

A mass of super zombies that spawn and add at an alarming rate would sting ^^

And maybe make the pace of the game in general, more tedius.

It is sometimes a problem already. When Z´s spawn and add very fast.

I remember thisfall when we were in Berenzino in one of those houses with two rooms and two entrances to house and both rooms.

We were 4 people and one guy had the M240 (DOH) i swear the entire TOWN literally added, he ran out of bullets on teh M240, i went through 5 clips AK + revolver, ended up swinging axe. another guy had M4 ran out of ammo, one guy had Mp5SD. We all went totally out of ammo. And Z´s were pouring in hehe.

We were all MEN and stuck there till the Z´s ate our intestines.

But we were raging afterwards on TS.

For me personal, i can live with crawling. But take into consideration that not all of the community are clans with blood support.

Guest Sam Goodenough

Isn't one problem with zombies their actual movement and such (faulty) behaviour? I have no idea how hard that is to fix (the SA will do it, I understand) or if it even is possible, but that would make them more of a threat, no?

When I first ventured out and drew the attention of zombies (before I came here, which I did almost straight away, tbh) I often found I got hit once and broke a leg and that was that. They seem dangerous enough with their attack to me (if I don't break a leg I will usually bleed). And with upcoming infection they are also a secondary threat.

I too find they respawn very quickly, though, coming from "out of nowhere". No way to make an area "safe" even for a couple of minutes, feels very artificial.

But, as I say, I am rather new to all this. :)

Zombies speed are the same, spawn rate is bigger in cities shere tere are now multiple zombies (1.7.5.1's new feature).

Also zombie damage has been buffed in 0.5 from the 0.31, however we are still testing so everythig i subject to change ;)

Also one of Our suggestions was to significaly increase the zombies spawn timer, to make killing the. Abit more easier.

Also one of Our suggestions was to significaly increase the zombies spawn timer, to make killing the. Abit more easier.

Sounds good, try it and we see. (excuse me for not actually playing on the test server.) a bit limited time, When we get closer to realease it might change. Just to experience the major changes for myself, before whinging about something i know nothing.

• Legend

I love how it's Big Bad Boris and the Badasses of S-GRU who are complaining "It's too hard", it's "impossible to play", there's too many in the cities.

Granted, I haven't been on the test server in awhile, but it's now a top priority.

I totally respect you guys and your PvP skills, but I much prefer the PvE game. Stronger zombies makes that aspect more viable, and adds a whole slew of factors into the strategy required to PvP. Time to up your game, gentlemen.

• MVP

I'll just refer to my previous suggestion in the suggestion thread: Reducing zombie damage to between 400-800(something I think its close to now with the -500 change?).

And something that was well recieved: Have the zombies be more challenging primarily through increased blood rather then -massive- damage, making it a lot more difficult to gun them down en masse. I suggested 30-40k blood at first, but coupled with the increased damage perhaps 15-20k should be enough.

This is one of the things i'm concerned about with this mod. And for increasing zombie HP, if you do that you have to dramatically alter damage for some weapons aswell, if not then all weapons except militray ones are completely useless.

I appriciate this dayzrp mod idea, but when radically altering things it usually affect a lot more aspects than those planned for, leading to new modifications causing new problems.

I think about 500 for one zombiehit would prob be okay, but please dont mess with their HP :) (Unless you want to change winchester etc aswell which prob is gonna cause OP issues and then buffing military weapons and yeah, you get the idea).

As said I really appriciate the possibilities of this dayzrp mod, but if not handled carefully and correctly it might very well be the thing that make me find another server aswell. Please consider the implications of e.g changing zombie or player HP.

• MVP

This is one of the things i'm concerned about with this mod. And for increasing zombie HP, if you do that you have to dramatically alter damage for some weapons aswell, if not then all weapons except militray ones are completely useless.

I appriciate this dayzrp mod idea, but when radically altering things it usually affect a lot more aspects than those planned for, leading to new modifications causing new problems.

I think about 500 for one zombiehit would prob be okay, but please dont mess with their HP :) (Unless you want to change winchester etc aswell which prob is gonna cause OP issues and then buffing military weapons and yeah, you get the idea).

As said I really appriciate the possibilities of this dayzrp mod, but if not handled carefully and correctly it might very well be the thing that make me find another server aswell. Please consider the implications of e.g changing zombie or player HP.

The thing about assualt weapons that makes them useful is generally not the amount of damage they do, but the bullet capacity and optics. At least when fighting zombies. A zombie currently has around 5.000 blood, or some such(might be 6.000, im not sure). If you take in account that an ordinary AKM can spew forth bullets that do almost that entire amount of blood in one shot, then you see how relativly easy they should be to still bring down. I think 20.000k(perhaps 4-5 hits with an AKM) is not unreasonable, because as it is now zombies go down as easy as the L4D-ones.

Some civilian weapons like the winchester and enfield are almost -too- good against zombies, because they can one-shot them as well. Heck the winchester is arguably as good against zombies as a machine-gun because it constantly one-shots them and the winchester has good ammo capacity and firing rate+decent range. Maybe its just me, but in a game where we alter the zombies to take a much bigger part, I think military weapons -should- be better then civilian weapons.

A winchester will still be good(hurts as much as the AKM at closer ranges), just not -quite- as good. And weapons that can do insane damage, such as shotguns with pellet rounds, will be a lot more valuable. High-powered sniper rifles will gain a use that is beyond PvP as well.

Of course this might make hatchet-fights against a zombie a lot more difficult, but I think that's okay as well, because right now the hatchet is ridicilously OP once you learn to use it well. Its meant as a backup tool and a second-hand weapon and should be as such.

Still, if the zombie HP is increased, it needs to be done in a balanced fashion against the zombies damage output. We cant have zombies with 20-30k hp that do 1-2k damage per hit, that's insane.