Server time: 2017-10-19, 12:44
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
ZoCr

Zombies

Should we take away the ability for zombies to run?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should we take away the ability for zombies to run?

ZoCr    0

We all know zombies are one of the glitchiest (word?) additions to one of the most clumsiest games every made. Zombies regularly agro' when they shouldn't and don't agro' when they should, walk through walls like they aren't there and see you from a mile away. So why don't we fix them. Most of you would say 'It's just an ArmA thing', or 'Only DayZ devs can fix it'. But Me and a few friends have come up with an easy solution to this.

Why don't we take away the ability for zombies to run? We can make them groan and shout all they want, but just make it so they can't chase you? It would cause a lot less aggravation and rage.

Some of you might say 'Then you can just run past them and get loot?' Well that can be true. We might be able to make zombies spawn in more congested groups and in larger numbers so it is harder to get through places like Stary tents.

What's your opinion on this?

Kravock    1

Zombie agro has already been changed in this patch. See how things are now.

Increasing zombie spawns will just cause more lag, which we don't really want.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

This is exactly how it actually is on Dayzend. But honestly, i would say keep running zombies, but sprinkle around a few fucking super strength walking zombies.

Honestly i don't know how this would affect performance though. I would be okay on this if it was worked on alot more.

I will go -1, until at least there is more detail on this, or even a better just workaround with this.

ZoCr    0

I have seen it, and was attacked through a wall. Also Zombies ran through houses instead of walking because they were below the floors.

Kravock    1

I have seen it, and was attacked through a wall. Also Zombies ran through houses instead of walking because they were below the floors.

If they're running or not, they will still attack you through walls. That's just DayZ for you, and has been attempted to be fixed since the beginning.

Mikachu    26

walking zombies would make them no threat anymore.

Moxy    19

Their general glitchyness makes them more of a threat, albeit in a weird fashion, but a threat non the less.

Keep em' running.

Their general glitchyness makes them more of a threat, albeit in a weird fashion, but a threat non the less.

Keep em' running.

This

Mental    0

Keep em' running.

Theres a fine line between threat and rediculous..

-1 on the idea. Played with it before, absolutely pointless.

Dougie    23

You could do something like 3/4 walkers and rest are Mike Tyson's which can sprint idk?

Diemrfly    0

I think that taking away the ability for zombies to run altogether would suck. It would be boring.

I mean, sure, agro can suck too, but at least it keeps you on your toes and forces you to strategize and to decide whether or not it is "worth" looting a certain building or entering certain grounds, etc.

Zombies that chase us make us careful players. - Realistic players.

Come on. Let's face it: If zombies didn't chase us, we'd become lazy players.

We wouldn't care if there were a lot of zombies nearby because we'd know that there would be no chance of the zombies catching up to us. We wouldn't NEED to be careful, and I think that takes away a main point of the game.

Zombies wouldn't be considered a threat, and therefore there would be no challenge when it came to zombies. *Yawn*

I'd perhaps suggest adding a certain "type" of zombie that is slow, rather than making ALL zombies slow.

Maybe there should be a fatter zombie added whose movement is restricted by it's weight; something a bit different, but also more "realistic."

I also agree with the others who posted suggestions of adding in "Super" zombies as well.

Large, muscular "boss" characters that might take a whole army to take down.

Pyrah    1

Much prefer them running, never a threat more of a hassle. Whilst I understand we try to better the mod we need to remember it's just that. Arma will always be glitchy but it's where we call home :D