Server time: 2017-10-24, 00:29
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Challenger

Close please

DinoB    20

The only problem I am getting is the FPS and the really powerful zombies. And the melee weapons hit 3 times.

Laurence Taylor    3

guys, give it time... the devs put so much work into this patch and this isn't the thanks they deserve. If you're going to complain at least make sure it's constructive criticism.

Hofer    20

Report the bugs in the bug reports section instead of creating a new thread complaining about the patch and it's bugs...

Closing.

Voodoo    492

/re-opening

Laurence Taylor    3

/re-opening

shots fired

Report the bugs in the bug reports section instead of creating a new thread complaining about the patch and it's bugs...

Closing.

This is not just bugs, its about the new patch and his thoughts about it.

Hatch    0

/re-opening

shots fired

This is a discussion thread, keep comments such as that out of here please.

OnT: I've experienced the FPS drops, 30 fps in berizino (Normally 50-60). The loot seems to be decent, bit odd but it'll be okay to get used to.

The thing I really don't like is the nutrition system, I know it's coded into the core code of DayZ but hopefully it could be tweaked or reverted to the old system.

FireMatt    1

Unfortunately it just needs to be given time.

Nobody can release an update to anything without it going through a rough phase to begin with. This is the time it takes to fine tune things and tweak them so they work well.

Not to mention we've updated to an entire new DayZ code so there are bound to be problems and conflicts either way.

Devs will get to it when they can.

Tomeran    3

I think concerns like this are highly premature. The patch has been out for what, a few hours?

Let the devs work out the inevitable issues that comes with a big patch. Saying it all sucks and isnt worth it before they'd had a chance to do so is just bound to dampen their enthusiasm. Not exactly something they deserve seeing the amount of time they've put into this.

Give it a chance.

Mikachu    26

- The FPS has gone to crap. On the old patch i would get 30 FPS in towns and 50 in fields but now im getting 15 - 20 in fields and towns.

When server first went up plus for about an hour my FPS was higher than ever before. Now it is lower. This likely isn't anything to do with the patch but a error somewhere server side lagging the server as a whole.

- I am aloud to hide bodies on the servers which wasn't able to do on the old patch.

This is a clear bug, will need to get it fixed :D

- Zombies hardly ever spawn they only spawn on a rare occasion (For me)

Read the changelog before moaning

- Loot spawns? There is never loot when i go into a city i need to wait like 5 - 10 mins for a tin can to spawn in.

As above.

- Hatchets when you use a hatchet it sounds like your shooting a machine gun

Also as above

- You're not able to refuel cars

I refueled a BTR today at least 3 times. Could possibly be a issue with the current lag or a skin issue

- I lose blood and then 10 mins later it says you have to use antibotics

Again - this is simple lag between your client and server. It is slow registering your sepsis

- Blood Spatters, i personally think these lag the server. Yes it would be fun if you could use it in a firefight.

Has minimal effect on performance - in fact was made specifically NOT to effect it. Also so far I have only seen them outside of firefights and it made for some fantastic RP. Really adds to the atmosphere.

- Im not able to study bodies

I also studied at least 2 bodies today. Makes me more think it's a skin issue, what one were you wearing?

I think was rushed and i think it should be changed to the old patch until your certain its right.

Rushed? It's been tested and made for over 3 months. It is the most delayed and longest time we have ever spent on a patch. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it never will be right out the gate. A lot of the small things like food/drink values and zombie/loot respawn times need to be mass tested and balanced accordingly. This is easily done but isn't something we can do within 4 hours of the patch launching.

Replies in red.

Samaritan    352

Challenger, I think the title of the thread is the issue.

Anyway, like the others have said there is always teething issue when new things are implemented. Give the devs time to work all of the problems out. Like any of the patches in the past report all the bugs and say what things that might needed to be changed.

I know you say the devs haven't tested it with a 60 person server. That is exactly what they are doing now.

Mikachu    26

Stuff

"Rushed? It's been tested and made for over 3 months. It is the most delayed and longest time we have ever spent on a patch. Is it perfect? Of course not. But it never will be right out the gate. A lot of the small things like food/drink values and zombie/loot respawn times need to be mass tested and balanced accordingly. This is easily done but isn't something we can do within 4 hours of the patch launching."

You may have tested it but with 5 - 10 people on a server and when theres 60 people and people trying to spawn on the server it changes the whole aspect. But anyway thank you for your feedback

Yes of course, but what do you expect us to do then? There aren't 60 staff/testers.

As I said - specific values for things CANNOT be just instantly right (unless by pure luck) they are made to be easily changed and will be when we know exactly how to do so for the most benefit.

The thing that is REALLY annoying me is people moaning about things which are CLEARLY explained and given reasons for.

Wanna know why loot isn't spawning? Try reading the changelog which tells you EXACTLY WHY.

Wanna know why the hatchet does 3 hits? Read the changelog, click the dayz 1.8.2 link and wow! it TELLS YOU.

This isn't a rant at you mind, sorry - it just real pisses me off when people moan about something which is their fault for not knowing, not ours for doing anything wrong.

Challenger    1

Stuff

Is the new title better for you and the others?

This can be closed obviously people aren't happy with me by posting this thread

Samaritan    352

Stuff

Much! :)

Definitely a better title!

No one is disliking your opinions it was just the 'is it worth it' bit. Your opinions will help to make the patch better by identifying the issues. No need to close it fella.

Mikachu    26

Stuff

This can be closed obviously people aren't happy with me by posting this thread

Also thank you, I do appreciate the title change <3

Burgz    6

maybe the patch was just rushed due to other reasons?

Idk.

Not sure how I personally feel about it right now though.

Mikachu    26

Also while it sure feels like there is no loot (trust me, I know it does xD)

this is from 1 minute ago on S1 -

1:29:15 "CLEANUP:TOTAL 1658 LOOT BAGS" (1658 loot piles on S1)

1:29:15 "CLEANUP: DELETED 177 LOOT BAGS" (It deleted this many so there are still over 1500 left)

Lots of loot (and likely lots of lag)