Server time: 2017-10-22, 19:18
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
TyRotten

BreakingPoint RP?

Do you think Arma3 Breaking Point would make a good RP mod?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Arma3 Breaking Point would make a good RP mod?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Other (Please explain)

TyRotten    0

With ARMA 3 breaking point starting to actually look decent since the changes of map among other things do you guys ever think rolle should make an Arma 3 BreakingPointRP mod? I feel like it would be pretty decent.

Hatch    0

Breaking point is a rather PvP orientated mod, I don't really see it happening and being much fun. That's just my opinion though.

TyRotten    0

Breaking point is a rather PvP orientated mod, I don't really see it happening and being much fun. That's just my opinion though.

Holy **** you responded fast.

I see your point, but I would hope turning it RP would calm that down a bit. Replacing the class spawning system with something else too maybe to curb encouragement on strictly PvP.

Mikachu    26

I can see where you are coming from and actually quite enjoy BP myself. It's not really made for a RP atmosphere though and isn't very customizable sadly.

Personally i'm waiting for A3 Epoch :) Should be awesome for RP

Hatch    0

Holy **** you responded fast.

I see your point, but I would hope turning it RP would calm that down a bit. Replacing the class spawning system with something else too maybe to curb encouragement on strictly PvP.

We used to have Epoch RP servers for Arma 2 and it went okay; however, with the high value guns and currency it promoted a lot of fighting (GetsGunsGetMoneyYo).

I could just see that recurring again on this.

TyRotten    0

I can see where you are coming from and actually quite enjoy BP myself. It's not really made for a RP atmosphere though and isn't very customizable sadly.

I haven't really seen much of Arma 3 epoch except the hype videos. When does it come out?

Mikachu    26

I haven't really seen much of Arma 3 epoch except the hype videos. When does it come out?

soon

but should be real soon :)

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I need to get A3... RP would be so immense on it! Arma3 EpochRP... mmm....

TyRotten    0

I need to get A3... RP would be so immense on it! Arma3 EpochRP... mmm....

Trust me Arma 3 is worth it.

I've had a bit of fun in King of The Hill A3 recently for when you feel the need for some fast/medium paced arma.

ArmA 3 is awesome, breaking point is just as good, epoch not so good but I doubt deathly would let other take control of the mod for RP reasons.

Quickan    3

My computer can't even handle Arma 3. -1 for me.

Well thats pretty childish isnt it? "If I cant have it, you cant have it."

Siorre    0

My computer can't even handle Arma 3. -1 for me.

Well thats pretty childish isnt it? "If I cant have it, you cant have it."

sshhhh, quickan. Everyone knows the world revolves around me :troll:

Rolle    2970

Breaking Point hasn't released server files AFAIK? So we can't do it even if I wanted to.

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

A quote from deathlyrage the creator of ArmA 3 Breaking Point.

"The question is...

Hackers or No Hackers. Pick your choice.

Also if so, why should I waste time updating your paid server every single day in a mod that's in Alpha. I have a game to develop here.

This will never ever happen sorry. There will never be unofficial servers.

This isn't a mission file, it CANNOT be hosted on Steam Workshop.

We don't want to increase the popularity of breaking point. This is a private forum for our test subjects in the mod my team and I are creating, nothing more.

I should just release server files and a tutorial, and just remove Battleye too? and just ruin the 500 Remote Execution Exploits that I have patched.

About the connections failing. We need the mod to break, this is why the slot count is so high. If the mod doesn't break then we can't do any improvements."

Igi    4

ARMA 3 Epoch HYPE!

Seriously though. There is a reason Epoch has been #1 on the Make ARMA not War competition for months. It's shaping up to be an incredible mod. However, keep in mind it's not actually DayZ anymore; there aren't zombies (there is however other nasties roaming the lands).

It's going to be a while before switching to and/or adding an ARMA 3 server will be worth it. Look how long ARMA 2 has been out and people are still creating mods for it.

Time and patience will bring the best out of ARMA 3... One day, it will be worthy. :P

Tomeran    3

Personally I voted "other", because I'd prefer seeing an Arma3 epoch RP server. That mod looks insanely fun.

Guest Liquid   
Guest Liquid

Congrats Liquid, you killed the thread xD

FATALITY :D.

TyRotten    0

Breaking Point hasn't released server files AFAIK? So we can't do it even if I wanted to.

Dang.

Personally I voted "other", because I'd prefer seeing an Arma3 epoch RP server. That mod looks insanely fun.

+1

ARMA 3 Epoch HYPE!

Seriously though. There is a reason Epoch has been #1 on the Make ARMA not War competition for months. It's shaping up to be an incredible mod. However, keep in mind it's not actually DayZ anymore; there aren't zombies (there is however other nasties roaming the lands).

That's actually something that I really really liked from Breaking Point; The zombies. The zombies in Breaking Point are so much higher quality than DayZ mod/SA in my opinion.

Nickerd    0

That's actually something that I really really liked from Breaking Point; The zombies. The zombies in Breaking Point are so much higher quality than DayZ mod/SA in my opinion.

Are you kidding? The zombies in BP arma 3, are really bad.. If you stand next to one, it walks in the other direction. It hits you, without any animation, so there is no warning when it will hit you (It can hit you with his back turned towards you)

Only reason I see that they might be better is because they only walk, so you can easily run around town and loot, they are no threat (You can easily outrun them).

TyRotten    0

Are you kidding? The zombies in BP arma 3, are really bad.. If you stand next to one, it walks in the other direction. It hits you, without any animation, so there is no warning when it will hit you (It can hit you with his back turned towards you)

Only reason I see that they might be better is because they only walk, so you can easily run around town and loot, they are no threat (You can easily outrun them).

I don't see them as no threat I just like the slow horde of zombies that actually seem brain-dead rather than acting like a starving animal that can hear you walking half way across town some how.

Looks awesome with a literal horde of them walking down the street. I've never had that issue with them hitting me with it's back turned, but yeah. The DayZ mod zombies are pretty good. Much better than StandAlone zombies somehow.

To be honest it's probably more of a personal preference what zombies people think are better.

Stagsview    625

I think this pretty much settles the subject in hand.

Until the files are released on AFAIK..It will not happen.

//closing