Server time: 2017-08-17, 04:00

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phalix

Letters To Father

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

[mp3]http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvtlhr0pEB1r4e8j1o1.mp3[/mp3]

*Warning, may be loud*

*You stumble upon a tent in the woods, inside, a young girl sleeping calmly. You notice her backpack outside the tent and decide to go through it. Inside, you find a journal, with letters on the inside cover, the covers warn and some pages ripped at the seam, it obviously used a lot. You flip through a few pages, careful not to have them fall out, you skim a bit, and begin reading the first page. The top half of the page in Ukrainian, the bottom half in English, the English portion having a lot of scribbles, written in illiterate English, you begin to read the first page*

Dear Father,

It has been whole week since incident. All of family sad of your death. So sad to point where mother got us to go to a therapy lady, mostly for Dima. After all four of us, me, Valentin, Dima, and mother talked to therapy lady, she said that Dima should get a journal to write his feelings in. Dima say it make him feel girly and as if weak, but also say it help lot. So therapy lady told all of us to get journal for writing feeling, or letter to you, or future self. I not understand why I would write letter to self, but she say it help, I not know. Mother said to use journal as way to get emotion out, and practice our English skills. Me, Valentin, and mother cried for three days. Me and mother occasionally cry because of what happen. We all got put out of school from last week up until end of this week, said not want to go to school while sad. Father, Dima worry me. He not shed single tear, but he write in book lot? I not know how he not cry while writing in book, I try to hold tear while writing in this, but is hard. He say "crying is for weak".

Father, does crying make me weak? Being sad over you make me weak person? Father, how will I know you read my letter to you? Valentin think is stupid idea, but mother make him write. After few day of writing he no longer cry lot. I try to stop crying. All time I cry I force myself to stop. To look strong infront of mother and brothers. But mother always say, "Losing father at age of fifteen is really hard, go ahead, cry.". She make it hard not to cry. Father, you was only person who made me feel safe enough to let out tears, to tell about feeling, will be hard now you gone.

I not told how you die, only know that rebel men came to door with apology, lot of money, and sad expression. Say you "die as hero". I hope that is true, even if not true, you always be hero to me and brothers. Mother tell me I use too many tissues because of crying with this writing, said I should finish and go to bed.

I love you father, is only week, but I already miss you lots. Not worry about me, brothers will do fine of protecting me.

[align=right]Love, Anastasia

*You check to make sure the girl, now known to you as Anastasia is still asleep, to make sure you didn't wake her by opening her bag. Sitting down you take a good look at the teenage girl before going back to the journal. You flip a few pages in, the pages go from undated, to dated, the scribbles and errors get less and less, the English getting little better each page as you continue into the journal. You stop at one page marked: September 13th, 2009*

Dear Father,

Today is second week of year 7 of school. New to whole "secondary school" feel, and like it so far, get treated like adult. Already after only two week, English teacher is impressed at how much English I know. I like all teachers already, all seem very nice. Valentin is already in grade 10, and Dima in grade 11. They treat me like child at school, but already know if something happen at school, they be there to help me. You remember boy, Marko? The one who was in rebellion with you, when he was only ten or eleven? He has few classes with me, I know now why you worried of boy being in rebellion so much, it only two week in school and he not come lot of those days. I don't know if I should ask him why he not there, the same way me or brothers never asked why you weren't home a lot. Never seem not want talk about it. Dima has taken your role, he joined rebellion over summer. I think you know by now, because I certain he wrote in his journal about it. Mother said she think she lost her job, so Dima step up on getting money for family. Mother says she hate fact son, who is still in school, has to work to feed family, but there is not much option anymore, say he do it for all of us. He gone a lot, like you were. He try to come to school though, unlike Marko. Valentin said he join rebellion to, but Dima told him no. You taught Dima well father, he take care of whole family, but we can't keep house with little the rebellion pays.

*You skip one or two pages, continuing to read, the date September 21st, 2009*

Dear Father,

I think Valentin joined rebellion too. He gone a lot, not say where he go, and Dima is not home to find out. He come, tired and worn out like Dima, and I even found patch in Valentin room. You know, like patch that is on your jacket that I stole from your closet few days ago? Fit comfy, but look like I about to go hunting in it. Is it bad of Valentin to not do what Dima say though? Dima is older brother, even though by just one year, he still older than Valentin. Valentin doesn't come to school lot, Dima and Valentin make enough money for food, but not house. Mother got small paying job as waitress to try get more money. I feel like small worthless child. I not bring any money home to help out family. I too young to get job at business or store. I want do what you do, father. Want to be part of rebellion, help out people who you helped out, help the ones who helped you. I scared to tell Dima, he seemed really angry when Valentin said he was going to join, but what he do if I tell him I join?.. Dima say that now you are gone father, he have to protect me. He even told me I not allowed play in sports because to much chance of getting hurt, even though mother said I can(and I already signed up for football). Father, what do you think of me joining? It too risky for young child? I rather be but at risk and get food for mother and brothers than no risk and be worthless. I not want ask Valentin or mother, as they would make as big deal as Dima would, or tell Dima that I say I join.

Would it be bad of me to do what Valentin do and sneak into it without brothers or mother knowing? I really want help your old friends, make sure that people who once kept you safe are safe. I already know how wrap a wound and simple medical techniques. Father, I think I can do it. I think I can join rebellion like you and help them, and help family with money. I also think that is bad idea. Father I'm scared of what happen if I join, but more scared of what happen if we not have money. Father, please tell me what to do, you would know how to do make choice like this.

//More? Feedback? Write illiterately?

*Marko looks at the woman, sighing silently before closing the journal..A man should learn to respect someones privacy..* "Sleep well.." He'd say silently before standing up and putting her things back in her backpack and placing it by her side and walking off, but before leaving he writes down on a piece of paper, writing "You know who it is..M.G".

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Didn't know how else to get a reason why you're reading the journal.

and it was late, alwell.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

I love the illiteracy of it, that's exactly how most Russian people I know speak English.

Erm... I am Russian, and my friends can tell you I speak with a strong British accent :troll:

Anyway, superb read! Loved every word of it!

I love the illiteracy of it, that's exactly how most Russian people I know speak English.

Erm... I am Russian, and my friends can tell you I speak with a strong British accent :troll:

Hence why I said MOST Russian people I KNOW xD

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

Hence why I said MOST Russian people I KNOW xD

Wait, I know you :) You gave me a ride from TP to Green Mt, remember? With 1MZED :)

Wait, I know you :) You gave me a ride from TP to Green Mt, remember? With 1MZED :)

Ohhh yeah, that was interesting haha. Hope to see you IG soon again :)

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

You too :*

You too :*

Oh dear

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Two more pages added, the HTML is pissing me off b/c some shit is centered and some isn't.

Cry about it.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

I'll start getting a schedule.

Maybe so one every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday(?) if the feedback is and stays positive.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

*You skip two thirds of the way into the book, coming to a random page and stopping, the date is August of 2012*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/bACZB/3d4479e85f.mp3[/mp3]

Dear Father,

today has been long day... We run over 20 kilometers a day. We not even in Ukraine anymore.. We is in country "Chernarus" now. Pyotr say it best for us to be in country. He have cousin in a "NAPA". They do like us, but they are "Chernarussian" I think is called.

They speak English even worse than we do, and I not speak chernarussian language.

Hard to talk to people and know name as they not speak language that we speak. A lot of these NAPA men are young, like other PAU. Hard to make talk with them, I ask them "how day go" and they say nothing, not knowing what I'm saying.

It is beautiful country, not many city and a lot of it is wood and mountains. It is great place. Pyotr and other boys all party and drink, even after loss at Ukraine. I not know why, I just sit in the house and write to you.

It boring, scary, and cold. They not have heater in this house for some reason, and it cold all year long here. It right on coast and wind from water is cold. Nothing but drunk men who try to "flirt" with me as Dima say. Dima already hit one drunk man for try to kiss me. I like the country, just not the people in it..

Valentin mad that he not allowed to go to party and drink because he too young, but I think they only not let him drink to joke with him. He in other room all angry.

I not like it here, but this is life now I guess.. Father, please just let this go away, I want go back to old life already... I know that mother is with you now, I hope you enjoy the honeymoon that is coming up. How does mother do? Does she want me to write to her too? Will you let her read letter I send to you?

Tell her we all love and miss her please.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Fuck, Who's Valentin ????? ;);)

idk just some stupid character i made up

<3 <3

Love the wording, its very clever. I would like to see more of this.

Thanks mate, will be doing at least one a week ;)

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

<3 <3 <3 Loving it all!

Not once has she mentioned Marko in this book, I feel offended.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

Not once has she mentioned Marko in this book, I feel offended.

briefly but yes she has x3

ned 2 b mentioned moar pls.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

I may write one tonight if I'm not still tired.

*You skip to some of the last pages of the book, the newest ones, coming to a random page and stopping, the date is July of 2014*

[mp3]http://puu.sh/bACZB/3d4479e85f.mp3[/mp3]

Dear Father,

I know I not write to you in long time, was very busy. This month start off good. Lot of food in store. All ready for journey to coast. Have truck loaded with guns, food, and water. I learned to hunt a lot thanks to everyone, local and everyone else. I not remember much of trip down, except a lot of people, and a lot of sleeping. In between two people, Marko, and Dima. Both equally want attention, fight over who shoulder I sleep on. Of course Dima win, he not like Marko much. But you did father. At least think you did, you spoke goodly of him.

After we got to Coast region, South Zagoria, we unpack all our supplies and made a small camp for the next few months. Not quite sure why in this part of country except look for the others I guess. I not know.

I known local men for two years, and still not think local men respect me. I not know, guess it whole "foreigner" aspect. I just stop trying to earn respect of men.

Halfway through month Marko finally ask me out. He seem embarrass, everyone knew he like me even before zombie infection. It was very nice.

Good to feel as if not alone. Dima is drifting off, and feeling of alone kick in a lot, good to get feeling of security back.

All was going well so far, great place, only minor issues with few Russians. Is nice place up north, call Pobeda Dam. Nice medic people there, they help us out with food and medical, we help defend their camp at Dam. It was good trade.

I think you already know, but week ago, the boys got in big fight at Dam. We lost of people father. A lot more than we should have... Marko and Valentin being only two of them.. How are they doing father? Do all the boys up with you and mother do good? I hope so. I hope they are better now they out of zombie infection..

The part that scare me is that, yes it felt as bad as when we lost you, father, but.. not as long. Only day or two of sadness and I was fine.. I guess it just I try be like Dima... Try hold emotion inside, be grown up. I feel tougher until sleep come around.. If any come.

I also not know how feel about Dima, father. He was always quiet, but he seem.. even quieter. I feel that he blame self for loss of Valentin... He think he reason Valentin die.. He felt like he fail his whole goal, from even before zombie infection. He made goal to protect me and Valentin. I guess he blame self for everything.. I not like it but I not know how to talk to him about it. I feel like I can't get word from him.

Father, please make sure Dima be safe. I worry of him. I feel like I have to take care of him. He say he is too old and strong for little girl to take care of him, but still feel it need be. I scared of Dima, the few word he speak mostly full of anger or hate. I not know who, but every time he speak it make me scare and sad.

Valentin, please tell Dima it not his fault what happen... Make him stop blame himself for issue at Dam. Tell Marko I say hi. I miss him aswell, I miss all of you, all of Ukraine, all Ukraine people.. I love you Dima. I not say it enough when I had chance but I love you. Only two week but feel like year without you. Trying to protect me with loud mouth. I love you so much.

Mother, I hope you have good birthday in two day. I love you so much, How is thing back home? Is garden growing in back yard? You not answer letters as much as father, sorry for not write well. Just happy early birthday.

Father, I miss you as much as possible. Every day without you or Mother make it harder to sleep. Make Dima and myself get more and more sucked into sad feelings. I hope to see you face to face again soon.. I love you.

Sign in to follow this