Server time: 2017-10-17, 04:11
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Marcosgmunoz

Need tips for camping tents

Ok, so I've recently run into a very known problem to me, and probably to most of you.

I managed to find my first camping tent today(they seem to be rare in DayZRP), then after I found a suitable spot I set it down close to a bushy pine tree. After I looked at it from a different perspective, I realized it's more obvious than I intended it to be. I proceeded then to pack it. That's when the problems start.

It's more easy to access a tent inside a bush here than in epoch, I'll tell you that. But the packed tent, instead of going to your inventory, goes to the ground. In my case, inside the bushes. It's apparently impossible to pick it up. So I was very sad and gave up playing for today because of all the wasted hard work.

I ask now in this thread for tips regarding placement of camping tents and recovery of them in the case listed above. Tell me anything you know. Good and bad places to put them, forests vs open fields, where they spawn, placement strategies, everything. I'll be waiting eagerly for your kind answers :)

Diemrfly    0

When you placed the tent back down was it deleted? There's a chance you deleted it when you tried to get it back out of your inventory if you couldn't pick it up again.

simiskovich    0

Tip 1: Do NOT put your tents on the Western/Northern border of the map, I personally travel it from time to time looking for vehicles and you'd be surprised at the amounts I find.

Tip 2: Do not put tents close to your other tents, once someone finds one, they will look for the other, same goes for vehicles.

Tip 3: Do not look for the 'Pine tree' Icon on the map, it does mean that there are a lot of pines there but just like you, anyone else can see it.

Yuval    2

Use terrain to conceal the tent (not trees) , which will deter people from searching there, as they are easy to find in trees and in general

Samaritan    342

If you look on the map and see somewhere that you think is a good place, chances are others will. As Yuval said try not to use trees use the terrain. You have to make people think that there is no way someone would be 'stupid' enough to put a tent there. Sometimes the hardest place to see something is right in front of your nose. Do not place tents/vehicles on the extreme west/north west side of the map, it is just too obvious.

At the end of the day no matter how careful you are tents will always be found. I tend to prefer the use of vehicles as mobile storage units, move them to a new position every couple of days.

When you placed the tent back down was it deleted? There's a chance you deleted it when you tried to get it back out of your inventory if you couldn't pick it up again.

It didn't get deleted, I could see the bag, I just couldn't pick it up.

And thanks for the tips so far guys

Stashes can also be your friend. They are low to the ground, so if you hid them in a couple of orange bushes it may be hard for people to find them. I think it takes like 2 sandbags and an E-tool to make them. Only issue with stashes is that they hold less space than a tent.

Mikachu    26

You can try running the bush over if you have a vehicle too - that usually lets you access otherwise hard to reach items.

Stashes can also be your friend. They are low to the ground, so if you hid them in a couple of orange bushes it may be hard for people to find them. I think it takes like 2 sandbags and an E-tool to make them. Only issue with stashes is that they hold less space than a tent.

Ooh I ran into a stash today and was about to search how to make them, because they seem very effective. Thanks for the tip