Server time: 2017-08-20, 21:18

Sign in to follow this  
Elmo

Memories.

Elmo    914

What are some of your favorite memories of your DayZ experience? I'd say most of us here have played the game for about 6 months to a year? Anyway, go ahead and fire off some cool stories (hopefully true) about your experiences in DayZ.

(This was inspired by a recent show I watched)

Jamma    4

The game being enjoyable, people actually being friendly, the times when it was unpredictable.

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

MBE's misadventures throughout our time here on DayZRP.

That, plus PAU.

Loved that groups rp

SAJF    0

It wasn't here but the first time I found a biplane in DayZ was magical. Found it at the NWAF and somehow managed to not get shot to hell while taking off. Landed in a field to pick up a friend and we decided to do one of the AI missions. We had a plan that he would bail into a small wooded area after I swept the AI with the plane's gun. All went as planned with the fly by's and only 1 enemy remained. But right as my pal was about to parachute down and secure the site, a heli showed up and began firing at us. My 40 some hours of A2 piloting experience kicked in and I turned on him like I was an MLG quikscoper playing cowwaduty. Only had 2 mags for the gun and was trying to make every shot count. all the while my friend is in direct chat screaming obscenities (And I mean really screaming) at the heli every time we passed close to him. This only made it more difficult to land shots as I was laughing so hard. Ended up running out of ammo before I could take him down and was on the brink of exploding so we bailed out. Was shot by that AI as I was floating down and had no bandages to stop the bleeding. Got a GG from the heli pilot though, guy gave me props on my piloting abilities. At that moment, with that message, my life in DayZ was complete.

Guest The Reverend   
Guest The Reverend

My best DayZRP was when the Outcasts were ambushed in a gas station, with me wearing some priest clothes, and I just ran into a building, with my robes looking majestic.

Back when I was in HPMC, the experience was all very different and the fear of I.R.A being around in their yellow ural. The rivalry was fantastic.

Matt    21

I miss the day's of defending sanctuary as a Veritas doctor with Duty good days they were :)

I miss the ruins of the old trade post and seeing Dr Klein (Shanoby) sitting there awaiting someone's arrival to recite some tales. I visited a few times and sat there for about an hour at a time just listening to him recount stories.

I also miss all the settlements we had. At one time there were around 6 settlements all run by clans who brought their own unique experiences across the map.

I miss the day's of defending sanctuary as a Veritas doctor with Duty good days they were :)

+2 m9

Jamma    4

Back when I was in HPMC, the experience was all very different and the fear of I.R.A being around in their yellow ural. The rivalry was fantastic.

Good days, I miss them...

We stole that URAL though didn't we :D

Dicey    5

I remember spawning anew half a year ago or so.. I found one of the PCBs and went in to sit next to the fire as it was in the night and I was getting cold. After not very long, I heard a motorcycle approach, and some guy hopped out and strolled in asking if it was my place. We talked for a bit, apparently he had been curious about the lit fire. Valencin Kotik I believe his name was. We ended up riding together from the PCB to the nearby Krasnostav, looking through the supermarket. During this we got our asses handed to us by the zeds, so we decided to head down to Berezino and look through the hospital. We finally make it there, Kotik's so close to death that he passes out on occasion, and I'm half dead.

We ran into two others at the hospital that were there to look for supplies too, but they were as empty handed as us so they couldn't offer any help. All is fine, at least, Kotik and I decide we could stay there for a while, hoping a doctor would come through to look for supplies eventually. Kotik's standing towards the front-facing windows a little bit with zeds on the outside, but they can't hit him.

That is, until he passes out and falls backward. We had no chance to clear the zombies out in time. I played and RP'd with this random guy for 2~ hours and suddenly it was over. Just like that. Bit emotional.

I also miss all the settlements we had. At one time there were around 6 settlements all run by clans who brought their own unique experiences across the map.

But, but... you were an avid opposer of settlements. I remember discussing it with you on Skype... Remember the sandbox/castle analogy?

simiskovich    0

Probably my first days on RP when I didn't know shit and cared less about Ruleplay and more about roleplay :P

-First few days where I got saved from death by infection by a group of people which traded some anti's and a bloodbag for some of my items.

-My first days in Haven, where I was denied entry and attempted to prove myself to the CLF by hunting down dogpigs (being one myself ) around NEAF, meeting some nice people along the way :D

But, but... you were an avid opposer of settlements. I remember discussing it with you on Skype... Remember the sandbox/castle analogy?

Just CTRL+F'd and then typed settlements and the first search is me saying 'I love settlements' and then me trying to convince you that I actually do, let's not do this again ;)

I think people believe that I have a negative opinion of settlements since the Trade Post malarkey. I actually love the Trade Post itself but the implementation of it was always my issue and by now you're pretty well versed as to why. I was a CH when the first batch of settlements were being tested and I was in the test server.

I vividly remember loving the idea and once they were implemented I was inspired to create WildernessTV because I wanted an almost 'stage performance' type group who were entertainers. What better stage than settlements.

Oyface    309

About two weeks ago, I was playing normal DayZ mod, and I ran into these two guys. After talking for a bit, we decided to travel together, and after about an hour of playing, we ended up in Berezino.

While running to the hospital, I got knocked out by a zombie, and just as I thought I was dead, one of them came and dragged my unconscious body to safety, while the other opened fire at the zombies. If it hadn't been for them, I would've died several times during that trip.

After gathering what scraps we could find, we started hearing lots of gunfire in the city, so we decided to head north. We were all in pretty bad shape when we got to the NEAF, they were both sick and low on blood, and we had little food left.

Just as they thought they were dead, we found a cow, which we killed. But before we had time to cook it, one of them died from blood loss.

So at this point, it was just me and the guy who had saved me in Berezino.

He made a campfire, and I cooked up some beef, and dropped half on the ground for him. As he turned around to pick it up, I shot him in the head. He was as good as dead anyway, and if I had all the meat to myself, I would be able to fill up my blood completely. I still remember the confused "what?" he managed to say just before he died.

I died 5 minutes later, after getting overrun and cornered by zombies. If I had backup, I would have survived. Lesson learned. :P

Just CTRL+F'd and then typed settlements and the first search is me saying 'I love settlements' and then me trying to convince you that I actually do, let's not do this again ;)

Actually, that was a discussion about the new TP and CTC. The discussion I was talking about took place much earlier, and at the time, I'm pretty sure you agreed settlements made people lazy. Pretty sure it was you who stated that first, actually. My skype logs don't go as far back though.

And it's not like you aren't allowed to change your mind. We're not doing anything "again".