Cedrea

Help me build my computer

Yuval    2

Pretty much anything which has decent reviews and supports this AMD socket

Red    144

CPU: AMD FX-8320

GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270X Gaming Twin Frozr

MOTHERBOARD: ????

What do you suggest? I'm looking for something kind of cheap that would work with those two.

Many thanks.

EDIT: I have no clue what to look for(other than CPU socket) when it comes to motherboards, that's why I'm asking.

Are you looking for an all round computer or for something that will run Arma well because I have read multiple times that Arma II doesn't really deal all that well with AMD processors.

as a motherboard i would recommend: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

Cedrea    1

What do you suggest? I'm looking for something kind of cheap that would work with those two.

Many thanks.

EDIT: I have no clue what to look for(other than CPU socket) when it comes to motherboards, that's why I'm asking.

Are you looking for an all round computer or for something that will run Arma well because I have read multiple times that Arma II doesn't really deal all that well with AMD processors.

Kind of an all around. It can't deal that bad with AMD processors, can it? xD

EDIT: I'm looking for at least 30-40 FPS and I'm fine.

Red    144

Many thanks.

Kind of an all around. It can't deal that bad with AMD processors, can it? xD

I have had your processor. It kept getting frustrated at the FPS in game. Especially in towns. That's why I eventually switched over to Intel.

Red    144

Could you describe what you mean by 'frustrated'?

I wanted to throw my computer out of the window basically, haha xD

I remember having like below 30 fps in town.

Even though I had that exact same processor + my old MSI HAWK 760 GTX video card.

And 16gb of ram.

Cedrea    1

Even though I had that exact same processor + my old MSI HAWK 760 GTX video card.

And 16gb of ram.

Under 30 FPS compared to my current 15 FPS is not going to be a problem. Plus the video card I choose seems quite good, so I guess it shouldn't drop below 25.

kakan    0

And 16gb of ram.

Under 30 FPS compared to my current 15 FPS is not going to be a problem. Plus the video card I choose seems quite good, so I guess it shouldn't drop below 25.

its not all about the graphics card, the CPU can bottleneck and give you massive frame spikes

Laurence Taylor    3

And 16gb of ram.

its not all about the graphics card, the CPU can bottleneck and give you massive frame spikes

What this guy said^

I have one of the top range invidia cards but bottle-necked it by using a low range i5 and i can't afford to upgrade it so I'm buggered, i still get good fps however so #yolo

After doing some research I've came up with this:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 3.5GHz box(not the K version)

GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270X Gaming Twin Frozr OC 2GB DDR5 256-bit

Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B85 Killer

Any thoughts?

sounds perfect mate, go for it!

Pm me if you run into any problems. I'm quite handy when it comes to computers, infact it's the only thing I'm good at :D

Cedrea    1

And 16gb of ram.

Didn't really mean it like that. I was intending to say that a decent CPU should work ok with a ok to good GPU.