Server time: 2017-10-21, 23:25
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Otmel Strangler

Transcending

Guest Otmel Strangler   
Guest Otmel Strangler

I've been part of the community for a relatively short while. It's generally been a blast despite ups and downs and fits of inactivity along the way. Generally though, I've seen the positives outlast the negatives by far, all thanks to the talented handful of roleplayers I've had the pleasure of encountering on a semi-regular basis. Somehow, those twenty minutes or so of hilarious, witty, interesting, even moving roleplay outweigh the endless hours spent on sisyphian looting, jogging and pointless death the game otherwise offers. For that I thank the developers to have the chance of experiencing.

I've not played recently. Barely at all the last few months. I kept developing my character through forum posts and personal notes, but one day I realized: "Hey Otmel, you're writing a veritable novel of material for a character you might never actually play again!"

Seems I was more into elaborating that fiction personally than playing it out. I tried on the servers a few times, but my heart wasn't in it. Didn't really matter if I wished it otherwise. I've never been part of any clan apart from The Dragons, regardless of game, and I've never felt seriously tempted by any other clan concept (Save for, quite obviously, the Lost and Found). And so I also feel a complete lack of interest for my alternate characters.

I'm no fan of these threads, as they generally are tedious and pointless. Like a band holding a press conference to say they've stopped playing, when they could simply stop recording. I'm concious of the hypocrisy of falling into the same trap myself. Still, there are folks where whom I don't have any permanent IRL contact with,and they might appreciate such a clarification.

I simply don't see myself going on anymore, though I obviously can't promise on pain of hara-kiri.

Edit: And don't pull that o7 shit, please, you illiterates!

I know fuck all about you except that I enjoy reading your posts. And I don't mean your roleplay posts. I just mean your posts.

Like you I barely play and I have barely played but I never bothered to create a thread about that as I am and have been active in other ways. In other words; if you're saying you'll stop playing in-game then okay. If you're saying you'll stop doing anything related to DayZRP then I'm a little sad.

Isn't that moving?

There's even a small tear on my cheek. ;(

o7 Fuck you.

P.S. Who the fuck uses "transcending" as a title for a leaving thread?

Guest GreenGod   
Guest GreenGod

Cya mushu.

You all look alike.

Doc    3

Hey Otmel,

From my times interacting with you on Dragon Island, I can honestly say, you are one of the better role-players I have met in-game and out. I know how you are feeling right now, I too felt this way a couple of weeks ago, and even made a leaving thread. However, this is a game and nobody can be forced to play. Though I am unsure of your permanent departure, all I would say is take a long break, live life, and maybe come back when SA is up and the role-play is more survival oriented. Until then, see you around my friend!

o7 :troll:

KpopKilla    74

Only met on the first day R.A.H played together, it was a great experience and you were amazing in your role. Sad to see you go man, another great RP'er gone.

Mikachu    26

Quite possibly one of the best role players in the whole community.

I hope you don't leave completely, it would be a bug shame to bit have anymore of your story

Stagsview    625

One of the best... Remember first time meeting you.

Most honrable staggy-san.

Great rper and a fantastic person.

o7... Screw you

Guest ArcticStarling   
Guest ArcticStarling

Goodbye for now Otmel, you were my favourite roleplayer on the server, I'll see you around :)

Mikachu    26

-Snip + FUCK MY PHONE-

Guest Brāy   
Guest Brāy

Eirik you're one of the most under appreciated members of this community your passion, dedication and knowledge ingame is incredible. We would all be on Kotei Shima and you would be talking to some russians and you would render them speechless blasting them with reasons why communism is wrong.

You are one of the main reasons why the Imperial Dragons were so successful. Since i joined the Dragons 10 or so months ago ive learnt so much about Japanese culture and i thank you for that. Maybe one day Yoshi Asahara will see the rising sun come over the hills of Chernarus once again but for the time being i think our adventure belongs elsewhere.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

[video=youtube]

o7.. hehe

I can only echo Bray's thoughts above. To me you are the best roleplayer I've ever encountered on DayZRP and I'm not saying that out of bias. It was a joy being in-game next to someone who could just change the mood with a flick of a switch, from a spine tinglingly rousing speech about our ancestry and honour to your laugh out loud rants towards 'effeminate Western' military men.

You have made the last 10 months or so in the Dragons THE best time I've had in DayZRP. I thought I was an okay role-player and then I met you and thought 'I really need to step up my game'. When everyone else was stuck for ideas of what to do next in roleplay situations you would just start ranting in-game and we'd be there for hours just struggling to keep it together as you made us laugh time and time again.

You are the zany and eccentric heart of the Imperial Dragons and it's sad to think we may never play here again but surely there'll come a time when we simply can't resist. I look forward to that day and seeing the manic eyes of Yoshi Asahara turn towards me and I'll already be laughing copiously.

Tenno Heika Banzai!

Guest Otmel Strangler   
Guest Otmel Strangler

I was sitting here freezing to death in the arctic, but now I'm all warm and fuzzy. Thank you for the kind words.

I'll keep checking the forums from time to time, so you'll definately se my, err... Pentti's face now and again. I'll also be floating around on the odd teamspeak channel, helping Magw33d whore his way to the throne on CKII.

TENNO HEIKA BANZAI!

Roman    0

Had fun when I met you, either it be talking about Rock n' Roll or taking drugs running around screaming "Everyone Dies".

I don't think I've ever met you ingame but like Gijs I love every single one of your posts. Your roleplay stories and even ordinary posts are filled with personality and dedication to your character and clan, and I'll happily take people's word that you're one of the best roleplayers around. Sad to see you go, I'd say Yoshi Asahara has been deified :P