Server time (UTC): 2021-10-22 20:12

In-game Clan/Group chat

Broseph

• Legend

That would require setting each clan up as a group, and likely introduce a great deal of lag in the server. Dedicated VoIP is the best solution. Why are you unable to use it?

• MVP

That would require setting each clan up as a group, and likely introduce a great deal of lag in the server. Dedicated VoIP is the best solution. Why are you unable to use it?

Sin has it. Much easier on server load to have a separate VoIP running. Certainly could see why VoIP is not the best for immersion into Role-play but clan channels wouldn't be any better.

Just set up your own clan channel in the RP Teamspeak, use it as your radio communications.

• MVP

There is a grouping neat functionality present in wasteland. Maybe, just maybe... and again maybe such functionality could be implemented. But don't take what I said for a word.

I always thought having a radio in the game would be awesome, you find a radio as loot (they probably would be quite rare) and communicate through channels. Obviously if they are rare not everyone will have one so you would have to set squads with squad leaders who have the radio. Also if they die in a firefight people have to make a mad dash for the radio to call for help from other squads :D

Sometimes it bogs down my computer's processing power while DayZ is running. Also there is times where I have alot of background noise. However, if and when I have my other computer running, it shouldn't be an issue.

• MVP

I always thought having a radio in the game would be awesome, you find a radio as loot (they probably would be quite rare) and communicate through channels. Obviously if they are rare not everyone will have one so you would have to set squads with squad leaders who have the radio. Also if they die in a firefight people have to make a mad dash for the radio to call for help from other squads :D

+1

Would be awesome...

but...

im afraid it just won´t work :(

+1

Would be awesome...

but...

well.... isn't this server supposed to be releasing it's own mod soon? It'd be awesome to find a way to do this.

• MVP

+1

Would be awesome...

but...

well.... isn't this server supposed to be releasing it's own mod soon? It'd be awesome to find a way to do this.

The only way we could implement this is if everybody used Teamspeak in the background, and if they had their TS channel modified for it.

We spoke about this for a while with the mod, but it would require an external program to work properly.