Server time (UTC): 2019-08-20, 15:24
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Biiddy

DayZRP Hunger Games - Final date announced - Final - Saturday the 1st of November

I might send in an application when I know date/time. I have my son 98% of the time so we'll see.

Guest Biiddy

I might send in an application when I know date/time. I have my son 98% of the time so we'll see.

No problem, you can always send in an app and if you cant make it then a reserve team can take your place. :)

Team Name: Blaxicans

Competing Members: Mexsion and Diggy

In Game Names: Mojo Agogo and Victor Cruz

Team Name: Soon to be decided

Competing Members: TheLimited & coorks007

In Game Names: Vladislav Bogdani & Viktor Ivanov

Team Name: The Lookers

Competing Members: Namuthewhale, Silicon Palidin (may be subject to change depending on the date)

In Game Names: Cid Owens, Desmond Kavanagh

Team Name: Two Against The World

Competing Members: Liquid, Fozzy

IGN : Rober Avilov, Teo Sokolov

What happens if half the team dies and what's up with the phase thing like at the end of phase one does the other half come back?

Have you considered accepting individual applications, and then performing a randomized team making method? This could encourage players teaming up that otherwise wouldn't, and would give an opportunity to break existing alliances or friendships for the sake of the event being truly unbiased on a team vs team basis.

Consider this:

- Team 1 and Team 5 are friends OOC and IC. They run across one another, and see Team 3 between the pair. Due to existing friendship, they decide [whether consciously or subconsciously] to attack the non-known group, and avoid confrontation with one another for the moment.

Now, with the randomized team method in place:

- Team 1 and Team 5 have a single member from each team who are friends. The second member of each team don't know one another. They meet, and the friends suddenly have to deal with their counterparts not caring about the other team or who's involved - and now suddenly, regardless of running into Team 3, all teams have people involved that will want to take action to win.

Additionally, to really fit in with the 'Hunger Games' selection process, this randomized teaming up could really play well into those aspects of 'the lottery' and being selected. And just like in the books, you have to adapt and learn to work with your partner - rather than being buddy-buddy chum pals from the get go.

Adapt to survive.

Just a thought.

I'd be more excited to join this if Reachers vision was the way it was played. I think it's much more the 'Hunger Games' way.

I'd be more excited to join this if Reachers vision was the way it was played. I think it's much more the 'Hunger Games' way.

Well even if the teams were random, it would be nice if like... a week before the event they were announced. Gives times for the teams to get together and plan. Plus gives time to build hype.

I would prefer making our own teams of 2, but that's just because I don't trust anyone else in this community to not die in seconds. It could be fun, but I can see some people having issues.

Team Name: BANED

Competing Members: Rampage and Frank

In Game Names: Mookoko Ajoko, Dr. Richard Quaid

Team Name: Stairway to Heaven

Competing Members: Lord Franklin, DJREX

In Game Names: Franklin Jesus, Igor 'Potato' Kraztof

Please consider Reacher's method, sounds really well thought out and if done correctly I think it'd be extremely fun and a challenge at the same time.

iXM3f9F4loi8x.gif

Let the games begin! :devil:

Guest Biiddy

What happens if half the team dies and what's up with the phase thing like at the end of phase one does the other half come back?

No, you die your out, it will be up to the solo member to win it for his team but by himself

Have you considered accepting individual applications, and then performing a randomized team making method? This could encourage players teaming up that otherwise wouldn't, and would give an opportunity to break existing alliances or friendships for the sake of the event being truly unbiased on a team vs team basis.

Consider this:

- Team 1 and Team 5 are friends OOC and IC. They run across one another, and see Team 3 between the pair. Due to existing friendship, they decide [whether consciously or subconsciously] to attack the non-known group, and avoid confrontation with one another for the moment.

Now, with the randomized team method in place:

- Team 1 and Team 5 have a single member from each team who are friends. The second member of each team don't know one another. They meet, and the friends suddenly have to deal with their counterparts not caring about the other team or who's involved - and now suddenly, regardless of running into Team 3, all teams have people involved that will want to take action to win.

Additionally, to really fit in with the 'Hunger Games' selection process, this randomized teaming up could really play well into those aspects of 'the lottery' and being selected. And just like in the books, you have to adapt and learn to work with your partner - rather than being buddy-buddy chum pals from the get go.

Adapt to survive.

Just a thought.

Something I have considered to be honest but decided against it due to the fact that I think people participating would have more fun playing with a friend rather than someone that they do not know, I can also see people getting fussy with this idea, for example, said person gets somebody he does not know and then his friends all get partnered with each other randomly, people may complain or want to back out, but as I self stated they only MAY do that, I will create a poll on what people think now.

Thanks for your input.

iXM3f9F4loi8x.gif

Let the games begin! :devil:

Im going to take that as the Rolle seal of approval :D

Guest ArcticStarling

I want to play the game with a mate, not some random scrub

Team picture (if needed): 2dbae58586.jpg

Team Name: Ceratoadus

Competing Members: Pandi, Burgz

In Game Names: Dima Malinski, Kazimir Gromov

Surely then your team still consists of two scrubs? What's the difference? :troll:

Sounds like fun Biddy. I've been itching for something similar for a while. However I think the areas need changing up.

For example it makes more sense to have people spawning in a much larger area at the start and having the active zone gradually becoming smaller instead of the zones you marked out. The reason being that it allows people to explore and builds up tension and prevents bottlenecks when people have to move areas.

You can still have the end in the city but the earlier areas would be larger and more varied with Cherno being only accessible at the very end.

Just my thoughts.

Regardless, I'll sign up for a laugh when I find a partner. :P

Guest Phalix

Team Name: Rekaronies

Competing Members: develdogm5, Bearman

In Game Names: Anastasia Borivich, Dima Borivich

Team Name: Best Girl

Competing Members: Mr Gingee, Alyd.

In Game Names: Alyd McLaughlin [bHM], Stanley 'Gingee' Wright [bHM].

Team Name: We are the captains now

Competing Members: figgypudding, Candymachine

In Game Names: Gimanji Azikiwe, Mackwell Azikiwe

Team Name: #TeamDevmin

Competing Members: Tamaster, Kravok

In Game Names: Michael O'Hare, TBA

Guest Biiddy

Surely then your team still consists of two scrubs? What's the difference? :troll:

Sounds like fun Biddy. I've been itching for something similar for a while. However I think the areas need changing up.

For example it makes more sense to have people spawning in a much larger area at the start and having the active zone gradually becoming smaller instead of the zones you marked out. The reason being that it allows people to explore and builds up tension and prevents bottlenecks when people have to move areas.

You can still have the end in the city but the earlier areas would be larger and more varied with Cherno being only accessible at the very end.

Just my thoughts.

Regardless, I'll sign up for a laugh when I find a partner. :P

So you mean like having the zones larger at the start?

Was thinking of that, depends on how many people apply I think, if we get a full server then im all for doing that.