Server time (UTC): 2019-06-18, 05:49
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Biiddy

DayZRP Hunger Games - Final date announced - Final - Saturday the 1st of November

Guest Biiddy

DayZRP Hunger Games Event

Just want to start off this thread by saying I know this has been a subject brought up in the past many times by myself included, you can find those threads here http://www.dayzrp.com/t-dayz-rp-hunger-games?highlight=hunger+games and http://www.dayzrp.com/t-dayzrp-hunger-games?highlight=hunger+games and it has also been discussed in staff before, anyhow I have been thinking over this idea for a few weeks and i believe the reason its never really kicked off as it is a whole lot of work to orgnaise and would need a lot of people it is also an event which has never been done before and is new for us, I will go over below my ideas and what I have come up with, suggestions and ideas are welcome and feedback of course, but i have already gone through over my head my idea of it.

Also, although this is a PVP event where you can KOS there is NO OOC talking in game, anything that could be insults, intimidation, torturing, any kind of in game talking has to be done in RP.

Backstory

Soon

Map and Phases

Below is my idea of how the phases should work, I will cut them down into smaller parts and talk about each phase, but here is an overview.

JeY3yFB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hdRikYu.jpg

Firstly I of course will go over Phase 1

hdRikYu.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/hdRikYu.jpg?1

So my idea for the starting point is where old haven was located, I have chosen this spot as from the starting point there are many different choices of locations players can scurry off to, to loot up, there is of course the NEAF which is very risky due to the military gear you can get there, another place is POBEDA DAM, if people pay attention you will realize that pobeda does in fact spawn military gear, it is also a very open place so is also very risky to go to, Another high loot place to go to is Berezino, A very large city with military, farm and residential loot, I suspect a high amount of players would go there, other places consist of GVOSDNO, Farm and residential loot, KRASNOSTAV, Residential loot, KHELM, residential loot and DUBROVKA, farm and residential loot.

Also the fact that there are vast fields in between with random barns and such and also possible hidden stashes and such that you may come across when venturing.

Secondly there will be of course phase 2.

Yn5LAuq.jpg?1

Yn5LAuq.jpg?1

This is where I presume will be the most action packed and dangerous part of the event, in this phase you have the likes of STARY SOBOR, Military, Farm and residential loot, NOVY SOBOR, residential and farm loot, GORKA, LOTS of farm loot, POLANA, Farm and residential loot, GRISHINO, Farm and residential loot, KABANINO, Farm and residential loot and GUGLOVO, lots of military spawns, farm loot and residential loot, that then brings me onto...

Phase 3 and 4.

ljCHyV8.jpg?1

ljCHyV8.jpg?1

Phase 3 will be reasonably short as it is more a travel phase to the final phase in CHERNOGORSK/ PRIGORODKY, Phase 3 you may need to loot the towns for possible food supplies etc and also obviously keep an eye out for other players/ teams as you will all be travelling the same way at this point, I also expect there to be quite a few hidden stashes on this phase so keep an eye out for them, once in phase 4 it will be only few players/ teams left alive, this is of course the final showdown between everyone and will be the last stand before the victorious player/ team wins and gets a luxury boat ride out of there!

Events And Possible Things To Be Added

So I am hoping obviously to get staff support if this goes through and will of course need help from the admins (Plz Rolle) I am hoping that there are a few mini events to be added during this event, ill give a possible example below, you may of seen something similar in the DayZ survivor GameZ.

A FARMER IS HEADING OUT OF GORKA TOWARDS KABANINO IN THERE TRACTOR TO TRY AND ESCAPE THE OUTBREAK, HE IS ARMED AND CARRYING SUPPLIES.

Some mini events like above would be awesome and would very much add some spice into it.

Another thing to expect are hidden tents and stashes across the phases, not to many and not to geared, I am expecting the highest grade weapon in a tent to be some kind of stanag rifle with a sight, nothing OP like a DMR, but maybe you will find a heli crash :P

My final little suggestion for said event would be kill messages, this is not something that is needed and not necessarily a good idea but it would be nice to see who kills whom and would add some adrenaline into the event i would say.

Updated additions, I have also been thinking of having 2 commentators for the event similar to the survivor gamez, said commentators would need to have the following requirements to be able to commentate on the event.

- Trusted to be able to use admin map on event server (most likely staff ?)

- Know how to use admin map or a software where you can follow/ watch players etc.

- Be able to stream in good quality

- Confident enough to talk etc.

Another POSSIBLE addition could be too use forum names instead of RP names, this of course would take the whole RP aspect out but would be fun to see which people are killing who, also to add to this what would beople thing about having there team names after there IGN when in game?

Prizes and places.

Prizes will most likely be among donation credits or steam games etc. will go over what I think below.

1st. 50 Donation credits per person in team, steam game for certain price, and custom title saying "DayZRP Hunger games winner" per each member

2nd. 25 donation credits per person in team, steam game for certain price

3rd. 10 donation credits per person in team, steam game for certain price

Rules!

- No teaming up with other teams, that means both IC and OOC -

- No OOC chatter, which also means No OOC hate -

- Most rules will still apply that are outside of the KOS section of the rules, that consists of the follwoing rules still being in place, roleplaying, trolling, metagaming etc. -

- follow phases correctly, don't go out of bounds or you will be disqualified -

- Once you die leave the game -

Applying

Another reason why I think the DayZRP hunger games never got set off was due to applying, it would be messy and hard to fit people in, I will go over here how to apply and how it will work to fit people in.

To apply you will need to fill out the below format and post it in the thread.

One person will apply for his duo, and by duo it obviously means teams will be in pairs of two, one person apply for the both of you.

Team Name: 

Competing Members:

In Game Names:

Depending on how many people/ teams apply we may have to have a semi final then final format thing, if not then it will obviously be first come first serve.

Applications are currently NOT open so do not apply as of yet, I will open up applications either later tonight or tomorrow, it depends really :P

I am thinking of having 20 teams of 40 people possibly, it all really depends on how many people apply.

Reacher's Randomized idea

Have you considered accepting individual applications, and then performing a randomized team making method? This could encourage players teaming up that otherwise wouldn't, and would give an opportunity to break existing alliances or friendships for the sake of the event being truly unbiased on a team vs team basis.

Consider this:

- Team 1 and Team 5 are friends OOC and IC. They run across one another, and see Team 3 between the pair. Due to existing friendship, they decide [whether consciously or subconsciously] to attack the non-known group, and avoid confrontation with one another for the moment.

Now, with the randomized team method in place:

- Team 1 and Team 5 have a single member from each team who are friends. The second member of each team don't know one another. They meet, and the friends suddenly have to deal with their counterparts not caring about the other team or who's involved - and now suddenly, regardless of running into Team 3, all teams have people involved that will want to take action to win.

Additionally, to really fit in with the 'Hunger Games' selection process, this randomized teaming up could really play well into those aspects of 'the lottery' and being selected. And just like in the books, you have to adapt and learn to work with your partner - rather than being buddy-buddy chum pals from the get go.

Adapt to survive.

Just a thought.

Reacher as you can see came up with another great idea for the event, I personally would rather have the make your own teams scenario but would like to see what everyone else thinks we should do.

The Date

1st semi final - Saturday the 27th of September

2nd semi final - Saturday the 4th of October

------------------------

Final - TBD

V - Teams - V

1. PoisonousBerries4LYF - Biddy + Wunsleh

2. Ananas - ArticStarling + Vincent

3. Translexia - Pejay + Major tom

4. Hungary games - TheLimited + Corks007

5. Blaxicans - Mexsion + Diggy

6. The Lookers - Namuthewahle + Silicon Paladin

7. Two Against The World - Fozzy + Liquid

8. BANED - Rampage + Frank

9. Stairway To Heaven - Lord Franklin + DJREX

10. Ceratoadus - Burgz + Pandi

11. DropWeps5Secs - Xerra + Udgar

12. Best Girl - Alyd + Mr Gingee

13. We are the captains now - figgypudding + jamesonbeer

14. #TeamDevmin - Tamaster + Kravok

15. The Inlaws - JonnyNorway + Murdercool

16. Two Against CRA - Snowman9852 + William01

17. Hype Train - Revilo + chris farley

18. Snakey eyes - mistermartijn + JordyWins

19. Potato Waffles - Solased + TheFlySquatch

20. Banter 17 - Kevin Ferguson + Tompmal

21. Meat pie sausage rolls - Broz70 + Samaritan

22. Banana - Kreathor + LordLewisx

23. Team Grumbridge - Grumby + Fridge

24. sad boys_ - Hatch + Jamma

25. The Strays - Bagger Broils + Meteora

26. Underdogs - SumoS + Reacher

27. 50-Pro - Pat + Hicks

28. BH'Murica - StarWars9870 + Joshua Houser

29. The Swiggity Swooties - Kienyi + Tankcommano12

30. Ocean's Wrath - Siorre + PhazedxD

31. I can see for Miles movement - PalmtreeWhale + Likurja

32. Team Leaked Photos - Septimus + VooDoo

33. MexiMoose - Max Simons + WarMachine

34. GetRekted - Abrun4 + Heliix

35. anonymoose - Grim + Frisker911

36. Cerburis - Masulii + MisFit

37. $waggy $wagsters - Prince + Errois

38. Birds of prey - Hank Hill + ObeseStrawberry

39. Ohhmyghawd - Vittoria + JerseyDevil17

40. The501stOG - Kanen + Ghost

-Reserve teams-

R1. The Sheep Shagger and Gordie - Reeddy - G1Bz

UPDATE: Opening applications for ONLY 3 more teams officially, what I have decided to do that is if everybody likes the idea is have 2 semi finals and a final.

The semi final rounds will both have 20 teams in each (40 players), the top 10 teams in both semi finals will progress to the final, the actual winner of each semi final will not only progress to the final but win a special prize.

People can still fill in applications but they will be put down as reserve if other teams cannot make it, will be hopefully discussing this more with staff soon and a date will be up shortly!

1st semi final - Saturday 27th of September

2nd semi final - Saturday 4th of October

------------

Final - TBD

The following team numbers will be in the first semi final and the others the 2nd.

1. Snakey eyes - mistermartijn + JordyWins

2. Ohhmyghawd - Vittoria + JerseyDevil17

3. 50-Pro - Pat + Hicks

4. Banter 17 - Kevin Ferguson + Tompmal

5. PoisonousBerries4LYF - Biddy + Wunsleh

6. The Strays - Bagger Broils + Meteora

7. Cerburis - Masulii + Mick Thompson

8. GetRekted - Abrun4 + Heliix

9. Two Against The World - Fozzy + Liquid

10. SLOT OPEN

11. SLOT OPEN

12. The Sheep Shagger and Gordie - Reeddy - G1Bz

13. Ananas - -open- + Vincent

14. Potato Waffles - Solased + TheFlySquatch

15. MexiMoose - Max Simons + WarMachine

16. Two Against CRA - Snowman9852 + William01

17. SLOT OPEN

18. BH'Murica - StarWars9870 + Joshua Houser

19. Cyka - TheLimited + Fuzzy

20. $waggy $wagsters - Prince + Errois

2nd semi final

1. Blaxicans - Mexsion + PadoMike

2. The Lookers - Namuthewahle + Silicon Paladin

3. The501stOG - Kanen + Ghost

4. Stairway To Heaven - Lord Franklin + DJREX

5. Ceratoadus - Burgz + Pandi

6. DropWeps5Secs - Xerra + Udgar

7. Best Girl - Alyd + Mr Gingee

8. We are the captains now - figgypudding + jamesonbeer

9. The White Army - Frank + Reece

10. The Inlaws - JonnyNorway + Murdercool

11. Birds of prey - Hank Hill + ObeseStrawberry

12. Hype Train - Revilo + chris farley

13. Meat pie sausage rolls - Broz70 + Samaritan

14. Banana - Kreathor + LordLewisx

15. Team Grumbridge - Grumby + Fridge

16. sad boys_ - Hatch + Jamma

17. Underdogs - SumoS + Reacher

18. I can see for Miles movement - PalmtreeWhale + Likurja

19. Team Leaked Photos - Septimus + VooDoo

20. anonymoose - Grim + Frisker911

Will update with team names soon

The Final

Hey guys, sorry for the delay but I have news on the final, it will take place on Saturday the 25th of October, the event will start at 17:00 server time but meet in teamspeak at 16:00, the phases will be as below, as before I do need staff help, if the staff which helped before want to help out then I am happy with that to, any questions then please feel free to ask and if anyone cant make it then please let me know.

ff0l0ci.jpg?1

ff0l0ci.jpg?1

1. 50-Pro - Pat + James James Ofwgkta

2. The Sheep Shagger and Gordie - Reeddy - G1Bz

3. PoisonousBerries4LYF - Biddy + Wunsleh

4. GetRekted - Abrun4 + Heliix

5. Ohhmyghawd - Vittoria + JerseyDevil17

6. Ananas - jannikdk88 + Vincent

7. johnygt7 + Samj68

8. Cerburis - Masulii + Yuval

9. Banterino - Zebulon + {?}

10. Translexia - Joshua Houser + Major tom

11. Whazmeister + TheLimited

12. BurgZ + Hatch

13. Max Simons + DJREX

14. Enar + Fozzy

15. grb2000 + Alsation

16. Kanen + Kevin

17. PalmtreeWhale + Comrade

18. Figgypudding + Jamesonbear

19. Frank + Reece

20. Double Doybles - Jcastle22 + g8tboy

Congrats to all competing in the final

Also for the final I would like everybody to play under there forum name, thanks.

Guest ArcticStarling

Team Name: Ananas

Competing Members:ArcticStarling and Vincent

In Game Names:Ed Holmes and Cojo Bankole

Guest Biiddy

Applications are currently NOT open so do not apply as of yet

Will post in the thread when I open up applications

Guest ArcticStarling

Applications are currently NOT open so do not apply as of yet

Will post in the thread when I open up applications

Sorry. I lost my eyes

Guest Phalix

Is it a RP event aswell? Or just PVP?

Anyway, count me in. Will keep an eye on this event.

Guest Biiddy

Is it a RP event aswell? Or just PVP?

Anyway, count me in. Will keep an eye on this event.

Will be PVP event but will also be RP if that makes sense... :/

basically you can KOS but if your going to talk to other players in game, intimidate, torture be murdercool and try eat them it has to be done IC, no OOC talking in game, will add that to the OP.

Team Name: Hype Train

Competing Members: Revilo and Rpilmore

In Game Names: Felix Coe Teak and Jax 'Jackson' Reid

Sounds awesome, would love to participate.

Question: Is this a fight to the last man, or a fight to the last team? Example: Say you're on a team, and you and your team are the last ones alive. Do you all win, or do you have to kill your teammates for the victory?

Guest Biiddy

Sounds awesome, would love to participate.

Question: Is this a fight to the last man, or a fight to the last team? Example: Say you're on a team, and you and your team are the last ones alive. Do you all win, or do you have to kill your teammates for the victory?

To the last team if a team makes it that far.

So what's to stop an entire clan of people joining in groups of 2 then siding together in the event and killing everyone with their large force? Of course only one of their sub-duos can win but what's to stop the pre-phase 4 stacking?

Guest Biiddy

So what's to stop an entire clan of people joining in groups of 2 then siding together in the event and killing everyone with their large force? Of course only one of their sub-duos can win but what's to stop the pre-phase 4 stacking?

forgot to add it to the OP but there can be NO teaming up with other teams during the event, all participants will need to be in the DayZRP TS with possible sub channels for the event, any communication to help other teams OOC will be classed as meta gaming, hopefully that can be a rule implemented.

Will add rules to OP now.

forgot to add it to the OP but there can be NO teaming up with other teams during the event, all participants will need to be in the DayZRP TS with possible sub channels for the event, any communication to help other teams OOC will be classed as meta gaming, hopefully that can be a rule implemented.

Ok, so what's to stop a clan IC seeing their friends and teaming up through ingame methods? It's not hard to make up some bullshit RP reason as to why the teams would side up, even if there is that constant impending sense of betrayal.

Guest Biiddy

Ok, so what's to stop a clan IC seeing their friends and teaming up through ingame methods? It's not hard to make up some bullshit RP reason as to why the teams would side up, even if there is that constant impending sense of betrayal.

Added rule on that now, even if there is an IC reason to team up it will not be aloud as every team should have an equal advantage, anyone caught teaming up IC and OOC will be disqualified

Guest Ketamine

Team Name: :soon:

Competing Members: Certamine, Major Tom

In Game Names: Martym Honzík & Major Tom Doakes

I know they are not open, but I just wanted to save this somewhere.

you coudn't have saved it on a word doc? :P

*loads gun*

Guest Liquid

Can we not just use the DayZ: Battle Royale mod to facilitate this whole event. Would be easier and would help prevent the inevitable errors that always seem to appear in any event.

Guest Biiddy

Can we not just use the DayZ: Battle Royale mod to facilitate this whole event. Would be easier and would help prevent the inevitable errors that always seem to appear in any event.

Would not seem like an RP event though, different map, completely different and OP guns that are not in RP and pretty sure that mod is broken also.

Why not more than one team per clan lol Just no teaming up.

Not saying you cant do that, the team name does not mean clan name, in the end i believe this will not be a thing that will be put into the lore and history of RP in game just a fun mini event on the side, anyone can apply just in partners

Guest Biiddy

OFFICIALLY GOING TO BE TAKING IN APPLICATIONS NOW, WILL SEE HOW MANY ARE IN AFTER A DAY OR TWO.

FIRST COME FIRST SERVE REMEMBER.