Server time: 2018-08-16, 12:29

Sign in to follow this  
jakem10001

New Plane

I am not sure if the plane at the NWAF still spawns; however I have found a plane pack, that I think would fit in with Chernarus.

The Pack contains 3 world war 1 bi-planes, however one of which is unarmed, this plane could have easily been owned by a farmer to spray his crops; or by an adrenaline junkie to perform stunts and fly dangerously through the valleys of chernaurs :).

Edit: Seeing as the AN-2 spawns at NWAF, I was thinking that maybe this one could spawn at NEAF. The plane can hold 3 people, 1 pilot and 2 people on the wings :P. The only issues that I can see is the plane is black, it is quite difficult to take off as you have to hold E so that it gains lift and that people sitting on the wings maybe quite trollish. I just think that adding this plane will add some variety to the aircraft currently available (if any).

Link: Camel Plane Mod

Images of the plane

3-camel_arma2_03.jpg

3-camel_arma2_02.jpg

These are British WW1 planes if I'm right, why would they be in Chernarus?

Why would M1 Grand/s and carbines be in Chernarus?

I think its fine.

4-usec__arma2_m7_1.jpg

This would be better in my opinion.

Agreed, A little more relevant to the times but the WW2 option is still good. Not sure if there will be a server 3 to implement air vehicles but we'll see.

I think its fine.

Weapons can be brought about by people or groups moving in and out of chernarus. They literally can come from anywhere. With these planes, if they were to be introduced, there would have to be a specific RP reason behind it. Otherwise, to anyone with plane or ww1 knowledge, it would look very silly.

but as i said previously, it could have been used for crop dusting, and so it could have been bought abroad prior to the infection; planes similar to this are still used for similar tasks.

Guest neom

So you want old ww1 planes? Makes no sense at all and when you fly these things they are loud as fuck buggy as fuck and just look stupid

The thing that makes me say no the most is probably the fact that the passengers sit on the wing it's a bit odd, fun yeah but very odd.

Also including the fact that they don't really have a place on Chernarus.

A no from me.

So you want old ww1 planes? Makes no sense at all and when you fly these things they are loud as fuck buggy as fuck and just look stupid

we drive Urals dont we? They are loud as fuck. And these are beautiful planes. Dont call them stupid. Read up on some of the planes history and you might be intrigued.

but its a -1 from me. These things would be in a museum or a plane graveyard :/

I think its fine.

Weapons can be brought about by people or groups moving in and out of chernarus. They literally can come from anywhere. With these planes, if they were to be introduced, there would have to be a specific RP reason behind it. Otherwise, to anyone with plane or ww1 knowledge, it would look very silly.

Planes can be brought in as well. And collectors collect old crap. It's just the way it is. otherwise, why would people save 50 year old cars that are not safe, have no luxury, and pollute like crazy?

People like stuff. So before the infection hit, there was an old WW1 show somewhere in Chernarus, and this plane was set in a hangar to be repaired.

As for RP reasons? You got a working plane, you can fly, you now have the most OP vehicle in a world where a rusty old bicycle or an edible can of beans is considered a priceless asset.

I'd kill for plane that works. Who cares what it looks like.

Guest neom

we drive Urals dont we? They are loud as fuck. And these are beautiful planes. Dont call them stupid. Read up on some of the planes history and you might be intrigued.

but its a -1 from me. These things would be in a museum or a plane graveyard :/

Instead of being a forum worroir I would just stop and read what I wrote and take it in the correct context, they look terrible in arma not IRL!!! And when I say loud they make the ural seem like a mouse. So no need to jump on the defensive

The only reason I could think of one of these things being in Chernarus is if a collector brought it there for a show, like Osaka said, or just because he lives there.

I guess people using planes for crop dusting is a thing in the US and other -really- big countries, but I've never heard of any farmer in a european country (correct me if I am wrong) who uses that method, especially in a small country such as Chernarus where probably no single farmer has the money to afford or get fuel for such a plane.

Pesticide and crop dusting is usually only if you plan to mass produce the foods to a large area around you like a factory in a way would add lots of preservatives, as most of chernarus is farmland they would most likely just supply local villages and towns except maybe one near cherno,

even better kOwl4dB.png

ycKKeMY.jpg

even better kOwl4dB.png

ycKKeMY.jpg

pls rolle add et!

I kind of like not having planes in the game anymore. They should at this point in time be rare.. We're a few years after the outbreak. It should be a rare event when a plane flies over.

-1 for me, I'm sorry.

Guest cradboard

+1 Planes have great potential to add RP, adding new models gives them a 'special' factor but keeping their rarity is more important.

Especially now that fuel is more rare to find, and planes use a lot they are going to be a bitch to use practically.

However, I can see the RP use for a simple aircraft.

Guest The Reverend

If you can find some plane mod that is closer to Russia, it would be a +1 from me. For now, going neutral on this.

I think perhaps having a really rare spawn for a plane could be a good idea but I really dont like the fact people can sit on the wings and for that reason its a no from me.

Only one variant allows you to sit on the wings so we can just use the others. I think it could be a cool addition. +1