Server time: 2018-08-18, 12:18

Sign in to follow this  
Samdo123

Significant Weapon Spawn Reduction

I like the idea. I'm not one for finding the best gun and showing off and getting into firefights. I'm very happy with a simple AK with a couple of mags in case things get serious but mainly I just use a hatchet or something. I think many people put too much emphasis on getting the best loot rather than RP.

On the other hand even after two years the guns won't just be gone. They would be in the hands of people and if they die someone will pick them up.

So if you could spawn corpses with potential weapon drop then it would be even more realistic. The amount of guns would not decline, its just replaced.

I'm surprised nobody replied to this because that's a really good idea.

On the other hand even after two years the guns won't just be gone. They would be in the hands of people and if they die someone will pick them up.

So if you could spawn corpses with potential weapon drop then it would be even more realistic. The amount of guns would not decline, its just replaced.

I'm surprised nobody replied to this because that's a really good idea.

I agree, didn't reply cos no idea if it's feasible yet. Can't spawn guns on zombies sadly (at least not without big changes) so i'm unsure

I like it.

Or well, naturally I like it. Im the kind of guy that would preferably have people fight to the death over a can of beans, that's how rare I want it.

If I had to make a personal preferance, I'd say ammo should be considerably rarer then the guns. Oldman is right because guns do not decay, they are not "expended". Some of them may rust however, so it would be cool with more rusty m4's or the like and less normal ones, and with some sort of "jam" system.

Ammo however is expended. Even if the CTC or UEF would be making new ammo in workshops, its hard to massproduce the stuff at enough quantity at the rate people are using it. So ammo should become increasingly rare. A gun aint worth much without bullets, so there's still a balance there.

Regardless, im happy with stuff being generally more rare overral. Cant wait for 1.4.1.

+1

I have a question to those who are against the idea (and read this). Why do you need that gear to be so frequent. You joined this community for a roleplay experience, yes? Then you should focus on character development. Not keeping that SVD hidden away, then running away from everyone while alone. Roleplay thrives off of player interaction and we should keep that centered as our main focus point.

I like it.

Or well, naturally I like it. Im the kind of guy that would preferably have people fight to the death over a can of beans, that's how rare I want it.

If I had to make a personal preferance, I'd say ammo should be considerably rarer then the guns. Oldman is right because guns do not decay, they are not "expended". Some of them may rust however, so it would be cool with more rusty m4's or the like and less normal ones, and with some sort of "jam" system.

Ammo however is expended. Even if the CTC or UEF would be making new ammo in workshops, its hard to massproduce the stuff at enough quantity at the rate people are using it. So ammo should become increasingly rare. A gun aint worth much without bullets, so there's still a balance there.

Regardless, im happy with stuff being generally more rare overral. Cant wait for 1.4.1.

Also forgot to +1 this idea. This is how I really want it, but felt like that would get shot down in a heartbeat. More so speaking the fighting over a can of beans rare.

I am on the fence about this idea at the moment, firstly I believe this will cause banditry to explode and with it the whole issue of "Drop weps 10 sec" to become more frequent.

However when I died in stary a few days ago, (Damn mike tyson zombie!!!) I got on a morning run the day after and found at balota a military UAZ I believe it is and went up to stary where I found a Nato ammo box, smoke grenades a camo skin and a M16A4. So there are facts in favor of the change.

However again there are times when I have done several stary loot runs and NWA runs without getting more then a simple ak and some mags maybe a sidearm if I am lucky.

And if ever I get a good gun I get paranoid and rush to TP to sell it for some mags and a M4 or M16 as they remind me the most of the HK series from my time in the military.

Guest Grumby

In regards to all gear being reduced, not just weapons - Just please don't make it like that time last year when literally nothing could be found, making it virtually impossible (not just difficult) to survive.

I like it.

I'm in for less ammo, can we make this as it makes more sense and could stop people from shooting just for fun(don't know if this still happens though).

That's what always annoyed me, people comming to player hubs and start shooting in the air to get attention or whatnot, thereby disturbing other playerinteraction on the whole hub as everyone is afraid of being initiated on.

And imagine "playing" people with an empty gun.