Server time (UTC): 2019-08-20, 01:55
Sign in to follow this  
AytonHunter

*WIP* Patient Zero: Zombie Movie/Play Event Idea

You see a piece of paper pinned on a post outside the Trade Post as you leave. The handwriting is extremely neat, and a picture is attached at the top by a bit of chewing gum.

The picture shows a man in a scientist costume on the floor, blood all over his body. A pale, scarred and ill looking man is looking up at the camera, kneeling next to him. His eyes are an bright white, and the bottom half of his face is covered in blood. The words 'Patient Zero' have been crudely written on the photo in black marker pen.

Dear Humble Survivors of South Zagoria,

I have been here for 2 years now, and it's about time I started bringing some good ol' cinema back into this country.

So I have been preparing a script, so to speak, currently under the title 'Patient Zero'.. eh, it's a working title. I don't want to give too much away, but by golly is it going to be a fun one to shoot!

ACTION! ADVENTURE! SUSPENSE! DRAMA! And of course, ZOMBIES!

Again, I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'm just so excited!

Now, obviously I'm going to be needing some assistance with this fine production.

That's where you come in!

Once my script is finished, I'll be holding auditions for those of you who think you've got what it takes to be Chernarus' next big star!

More details to come, but for now I look forward to seeing a wide variety of talent emerge from my fellow survivors and maybe we can start to bring entertainment back into our lives.

Cheerio chaps,

Ayton Hunter Aka 'The Director'

This is an idea I've had for a while, and now I'm finally chucking on here so I can further progress it. As you can tell, this will be like a movie/play kind of thing, involving a script, actors, extra's, etc. and will be heavily Voice RP based

Now I'll lay out a basic schedule on what will be happening, once the script is complete.

Remember this is rough at the moment, but I will update once I get the idea more fleshed out, so please bare with me, this is fairly ambitious for my first event.. but I really want it to work, heh!

Sign-up!

I will host a sign up session either inside or outside TP, where I will hand out IC scripts and allow for you to sign up to audition for a role. OOCly the script will linked up here once I start the event, but I'll give a brief summary of the story and stuff before hand, so anyone who doesn't want to alt tab can sign up too!

The Main Auditions

Time to act your heart out! You will be teamed with people based on who you are auditioning for, and will be auditioning together in a small scene chosen from the script which features the main characters. Names will be called once all auditions done for who got what part!

Supporting & Extra Auditions

No film or show is complete without those extras! This is for anyone who signed up to audition for a specific supporting character or fancies being an extra. Supporting characters will perform a scene with extras in background.

Judging on extras will be fairly relaxed as you won't be doing much!

Rehearsal & Live Show

We will perform 1 or 2 rehearsals away from the venue for the actors to get used to each other and familiarise themselves with the script. This will be set in Stage format, for the use of blocking (movement on stage) and for the fact that people will not be able to watch this on my camera ICly.

Once we feel confident, we will set a live show date (Probably on the same day as rehearsals), to which a location for the "stage" will be picked and the show shall commence!

The show version will be shortened (obviously), and could maybe even throw in some players to act as musicians to accompany the show! Maybe a narrator too, since I'll be filming the show...

The Filming

Actual filming will begin! This explains itself, the movie version shall be filmed in various locations, with various takes and shots. (It'll be like a real film shoot, heh!)

Anyone who isn't an actor/extra is allowed to attend as an audience, but will be asked to remain quiet when the camera is rolling.

The Screening

By some miraculous miracle, we will find some shitty TV to screen the film to everyone. I don't know if this will even be possible, but this is RP and if I can find a working computer, I can sure as hell show it off.

Obviously, we won't be able to show it in game, but I'd advise everyone to open up their Steam Browser and view it on the private Youtube video I'll link here. I'll wait for everyone to get it up, make some amazing speech and we'll all press play together! :D

This is HIGHLY ambitious, and at the moment it's still an idea. I've got a basis and I really think it could be a fun, interesting event with plenty of opportunity for laughs and some epic 'acting' RP.

I'm hoping I can upgrade my graphics card before this goes off, so I can actually run everything on lush settings, and create something which I think will be truly unique to the DayzRP community, and show off exactly how awesome we really are! ;)

So yeah, this is my idea. I hope this can be considered, suggestions are welcome and I look forward to updating you on this once I've detailed it a lil' more.

Time for Conor's interview for the lead role, executive producer and chief stunt man!

tumblr_m8la3eXvIq1r9cdhd.gif

Time for Conor's interview for the lead role, executive producer and chief stunt man!

Just so you know, TEXT RP will not be allowed for the stage show or filming ;)

LET ME HEAR THAT MAGNIFICENT VOICE!

Just so you know, TEXT RP will not be allowed for the stage show or filming ;)

LET ME HEAR THAT MAGNIFICENT VOICE!

He does speak, we made him.

If you need any abooze let me know.

As I said, extremely WIP atm, so dates won't be set for a while! :P

If you need any abooze let me know.

Ooh.. some no clip for epic flying shots, maybe some god mode for realistic shooting scenes xD Aboos everywhere!

Guest The Reverend

I'm all in. Time for the evil to come up.

I'll do it!

... But I'm a quiet parson in-game, alas.

Ivan needs to get in on this, ever since East VS West he's wanted to be in more of Aytons movies :P

Would love to be a part of a movie. I'm good at acting! Theatre classes pay off! :P

This is very interesting,

Handsome lead male role please :P

I'm glad people are interested! Can't wait to get home from my parents so I can actually start going crazy on getting this set up!

Another point to add:

Technically we'll have NO budget, so this will kind of be like a B-Movie, haha!

That means the script will be a little... questionable at times, but I'm sure we'll have a LOT of fun.

Guest The Reverend

I see huge potential! Can we also have background jobs, such as costume designer, camera man and etc?

I see huge potential! Can we also have background jobs, such as costume designer, camera man and etc?

It wouldn't be a set without Production Jobs!

Director, Cameraman and Editor will be filled by me obviously, but I'd be a dick if I didn't have others to help.

We'll try and go for as many positions as possible, to add to the dynamic of a film set.

So yes, Costume Designers would be expected to have all of the clothing that can be found in Chernarus.

Sound Effects dude for any non-diagetic sounds (Sounds that can't be created in Arma).

Musicians for the live show - Actually play an instrument, or play some awesome orchestral backing tracks or whatnot!

Set Designers - Self explanatory

I'll make up a full list when I get home, but you can expect these positions to be in the event!

I want as many people to take part as we can fit!

Sign in to follow this